PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign TE Clay Harbor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting....

6'3" 250 lbs, 28 yrs old. Has played for the Eagles & Jaguars. Never eclipsed 26 catches in a single season. Can block/play STs.

Will anyone be able to see over these titans (RG, MB and CH)?

Hopefully the Pat's coaching staff can mold Clay into a productive player.

He's the 5th TE on the roster. I recall Belichick commenting that TE is one of the toughest positions on the team to grasp because there is so much different stuff to learn. This quote might be relevant:

Just before last September’s game against Jacksonville, Patriots coach Bill Belichick talked about Harbor.

“I’d say that Harbor is kind of similar to [Marcel] Reece. He’s a fullback, tight end kind of guy. [He] sort of lines up in a lot of different places. They use him in motion, change formations with him quite a bit,” Belichick said. “Harbor is a good receiver.”

Patriots reportedly sign TE Clay Harbor

He's the 5th TE on the roster. I recall Belichick commenting that TE is one of the toughest positions on the team to grasp because there is so much different stuff to learn. This quote might be relevant:

Just before last September’s game against Jacksonville, Patriots coach Bill Belichick talked about Harbor.

“I’d say that Harbor is kind of similar to [Marcel] Reece. He’s a fullback, tight end kind of guy. [He] sort of lines up in a lot of different places. They use him in motion, change formations with him quite a bit,” Belichick said. “Harbor is a good receiver.”

Patriots reportedly sign TE Clay Harbor

Makes you wonder if they're looking at him more as competition for Develin than any of the tight ends.

Baby Gronk Lovers shed a tear.

Curious if this is a multi year deal, Harbour seems like more of a guy they'd like to keep around and grow with as opposed to a one year stop gap.

Baby Gronk Lovers shed a tear.

Curious if this is a multi year deal, Harbour seems like more of a guy they'd like to keep around and grow with as opposed to a one year stop gap.

He'll be 29 in July.

Strange. Some of these signings are head-scratchers.. I guess see if any sticks on the wall...

:eek:

He'll be 29 in July.
He caught three against us this year for 43 yards and a TD. He is also fast at a 4.58, 30 reps at 225 and a 7.12 3 cone. He has skills.
DW Toys

He'll be 29 in July.
So he'll be 31 after 3 more NFL seasons. Not saying he's just starting out but there's room there for a multi year deal.

He caught three against us this year for 43 yards and a TD. He is also fast at a 4.58, 30 reps at 225 and a 7.12 3 cone. He has skills.
DW Toys

He's a stiff.

So he'll be 31 after 3 more NFL seasons. Not saying he's just starting out but there's room there for a multi year deal.

You don't develop 29 year old tight ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes