PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign Kyle Auffray, TE from UNH

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did so well there, that I've never heard of him.

But seriously folks, Bill's had almost an entire year to re-set the TE position, and we're basically
in the same predicament now as we were on the day after The Prisoner was arrested.

The Revis and Browner signings have given BB a lot of cover, in terms of criticism. It's perfectly valid to question a lot about this team, but the answers are always going to start with "He brought in Revis and Browner. What the hell more do you expect?".

You've, no doubt, seen how quickly the questions about why this team went with the injury prone and QB with picks 1 and 2 stopped being asked. Revis is one hell of a deodorant.

The Revis and Browner signings have given BB a lot of cover, in terms of criticism. It's perfectly valid to question a lot about this team, but the answers are always going to start with "He brought in Revis and Browner. What the hell more do you expect?".

You've, no doubt, seen how quickly the questions about why this team went with the injury prone and QB with picks 1 and 2 stopped being asked. Revis is one hell of a deodorant.

Very true, but I wish he was a LONGER LASTING deodorant.

I'd be happier if he were here on a longer-term contract.

Very true, but I wish he was a LONGER LASTING deodorant.

I'd be happier if he were here on a longer-term contract.

Are you willing to see a 29 year old Revis (b-day in July) get 4 for $60m plus as an extension/reworking after this season? That's probably what you're looking at to keep him, with the cap expected to be rising.

That's probably what BB is asking himself every day.

So they cut a player from UMaine, and added aplayer from UNH. I wanted them to draft Blanchflower from UMass. But they prefer a player from UNH over players from UMaine or UMass, I guess.

Speaking of TE, I don't think Joe Don Duncan ever signed with anyone. He was in Colts' camp on a tryout but I don't think he signed. I wonder if he's still not healthy enough or if he was over hyped.

So, basically, they tossed another warm body into the TE "competition"...

So, basically, they tossed another warm body into the TE "competition"...

He's a project guy, right from the start, too. This could be more about practice squad spots than the big boy roster.

The tape is good although the ball bubbled a little in his hands in some of those catches, this in a empty and quiet stadium..imagine in a sunday 4pm.

Anyway it's the right time to make this kind of experiment, if somehow he end up making the roster, I don't think it would be for the lack of better options and yet because he deserved, let's hope, actually I think any project can outplay Hooman and DJ.

Are you willing to see a 29 year old Revis (b-day in July) get 4 for $60m plus as an extension/reworking after this season? That's probably what you're looking at to keep him, with the cap expected to be rising.

That's probably what BB is asking himself every day.
YES!

Obviously, this conclusion/wish depends on the structure of the contract, including the amount of the guarantees.

So they cut a player from UMaine, and added aplayer from UNH. I wanted them to draft Blanchflower from UMass. But they prefer a player from UNH over players from UMaine or UMass, I guess.

Yes. NH > ME
Just ask Ian

ah ok, didnt research timeline. was just noting that ballard (who we cut) made the AZ team while Auffray didn't. The size and regional combine numbers look great but after last year, its hard to get excited. We thought we had mini gronk with studfeld.
Agreed. He got beaten out by another JAG. Not exactly worthy of fireworks and a parade. Local kid though, so I wouldn't mind seeing him stick and make some plays.

I think he could potentially stick as the blocking TE. I wish we had been more patient with Jake Ballard last season.

We talk a lot about Keller and Finely but one player that is on the free agent market we have not discussed is Kellen Winslow. He caught 31 balls for 388 yards and 2 touchdowns last season on the Jets (an awful passing team). I know we had him in for a game back in 2012 but that was when we had TEs coming out of our ears.

He did so well there, that I've never heard of him.

But seriously folks, Bill's had almost an entire year to re-set the TE position, and we're basically
in the same predicament now as we were on the day after The Prisoner was arrested.
I think some of it has to do with fans needing to make a paradigm shift away from looking at this teams depth chart as a two tight end offense. Belichick decided to go a different direction, he could have prioritized drafting Amaro, ASJ, or even took a flyer on Lyerla but he did not do that. Instead, he resigned Edelman, signed LaFell, and drafted Gallon. It appears we are moving back to a three wide receiver offense similar to the 2007-2009 seasons and if that is the case, we will be using just one tight end. You have Gronkowski as the best TE in the game and then Hoomanawanui who is a solid player as his back. As a two tight end offense, our tight end depth sucks but as a one tight end offense we are actually have solid depth.

Maybe it's just me but I have REAL problems viewing Hooperson as a "solid player who has Gronk's back"

Maybe it's just me but I have REAL problems viewing Hooperson as a "solid player who has Gronk's back"
Preferably he would be 3rd or 4th string but he isn't awful he does some things well. That said your point is fair and I agree.

U Said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft