PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign DT Marcus Stroud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you need some glasses, because his body looks nothing like Ted Washington. Much closer to Seymour than Washington. Very similar body to Ty Warren.

Come on Andy, don't be dense. He weighed 40 pounds heavier then than he does now. You know that's what I'm talking about.

Had you talked about situational football and been arguing Warren based upon pass rush, you'd have at least had a point. As backup for NT, though? You must have missed Warren trying to stop the run for the entirety of his career, and it has nothing to do with Stroud. Stroud's decline over the past couple of seasons has included a significant decline against the run, so I'm certainly not pimping him.

Number of plays is meaningless. G. Warren is a liability against the run, on any snap.

"backups" play limited snaps, that's the "situation" which makes them backups. Since Warren was a regular/starter his career, what transpired doesn't have to translate to spot role. A defined amount of effort on 15 vs 60 plays makes a material difference. The reality is Warren played more and frankly, better than most expected in 2010.

Obviously, you miss that point.

Can either fill that type of role? I don't know since neither player has been in the spot role.

Stroud is done, he didn't do anything outside of his first season in Buffalo

Stroud is done, he didn't do anything outside of his first season in Buffalo

No-one did anything in Buffalo last season!

Come on Andy, don't be dense. He weighed 40 pounds heavier then than he does now. You know that's what I'm talking about.
How is this:

I think he is shaped like Washington. Not as heavy, but he's a round mound.

supposed to mean once he was overweight?
Are we going to discuss what the meaning of IS is?

"backups" play limited snaps, that's the "situation" which makes them backups. Since Warren was a regular/starter his career, what transpired doesn't have to translate to spot role. A defined amount of effort on 15 vs 60 plays makes a material difference. The reality is Warren played more and frankly, better than most expected in 2010.

Obviously, you miss that point.

Can either fill that type of role? I don't know since neither player has been in the spot role.

Warren is weak against the run, beginning with the very first snap of the game.

Obviously you miss that point.

Last edited:
Re: Schefter: Pats sign Marcus Stroud

This would seem to be bad news for Brace, Gerard Warren, or both. Stroud is in enough of a decline that a lousy Buffalo team cut him loose. BB deciding that he's worth signing even with Ty Warren coming back is not a vote of confidence for those already "with" the team, especially if the Patriots go DE with one of their first 3 picks.

Seems as if Reiss is looking at this the same way I am:

Given the breakdown, one wonders if Marcus Stroud's presence will close the door on Gerard Warren's potential return. If Warren does return, he'd likely be competing for one spot, with Stroud. Ron Brace, the 2009 second-round pick, could also feel some heat.

With Stroud, packed house on D-line - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

How is this:

I think he is shaped like Washington. Not as heavy, but he's a round mound.

supposed to mean once he was overweight?
Are we going to discuss what the meaning of IS is?

Yeah not to mention an extra 40 pounds on a 340 pound man is probably the equivalent of like 10 extra lbs on the normal dude...just enough to consider yourself overweight, but no where near ted washington status. Also, look at Stroud's build--its very athletic. Washington was a ball, Stroud actually has muscle. Those pics with the bills make him look like Jevon Kearse or something!

No-one did anything in Buffalo last season!
Surely you exaggerate my friend. Just for starters I'd love to see what NE could do with Kyle Williams or Chris Kelsey, a couple pains in the backside for opposing teams they are. Should Buffalo's management be smart enough to stay away from the Cam Newton circus and invest in Dareus they will have the makings of a truly formidable front seven.

Surely you exaggerate my friend. Just for starters I'd love to see what NE could do with Kyle Williams or Chris Kelsey, a couple pains in the backside for opposing teams they are. Should Buffalo's management be smart enough to stay away from the Cam Newton circus and invest in Dareus they will have the makings of a truly formidable front seven.

It was indeed a sarcastic exaggeration :)

Warren is weak against the run, beginning with the very first snap of the game.

Obviously you miss that point.

Maybe

Actually, there is no better way to confirm something is correct than to have you disagree with it.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes