PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots - Ravens week 16 injury reports and updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was exaggerating.:)
But I still don't like the match up this week.

I am not all that worried about the match up against their offense. Even during this four game winning streak they are on, their offense has been anywhere from average to awful. The Ravens' red zone offense is the worst in the league and the Pats' red zone defense is pretty good (they get killed in the open field).

I am more worried about the Pats' offense vs. the Ravens defense. I think if the Pats can score 24 or more points against the Ravens, I think they will have no trouble winning.

Preliminary Thursday update:

It Is What It Is » Nate Solder back at Thursday practice, but Josh Boyce (ankle) still missing

Left tackle Nate Solder returned to practice on Thursday, but rookie receiver Josh Boyce was missing again as the Patriots continued preparing for Sunday’s game against the Ravens.

Solder, who suffered a head injury last week against Miami and was listed on Wednesday’s injury report with a concussion, was not present for Wednesday’s practice session. He was on the field at the start of Thursday’s session, which was held inside Gillette Stadium in sweats and shells.

Boyce was clearly hobbled at the end of Sunday’s loss to the Dolphins, and was on Wednesday’s injury report with an ankle issue.​

Solder back at practice today. Must be a "mild" concussion issue although I'd feel better if he stayed home this week.

They should have him out the next two games min. Make sure the concussion is fully healed. Wow, don't want another Mike Wright situation.

They should have him out the next two games min. Make sure the concussion is fully healed. Wow, don't want another Mike Wright situation.
Of course not but Wright's situation was a bit different; he got a concussion in 2010 and missed the final seven games of that year then got a concussion in week 1 of 2011 against MIA and didn't practice for over a month. He never saw the field again.

I'm hoping to not see Solder this week for fear of him further hurting himself much like the situation Welker was in the past few weeks.

Practicing is fine.
I will be very angry at both BB and the Krafts if Solder is allowed on the field before the playoffs.

Practicing is fine.
I will be very angry at both BB and the Krafts if Solder is allowed on the field before the playoffs.

If that's the case then why let him practice at all, especially this week?

If that's the case then why let him practice at all, especially this week?

Probably because it's non-contact and the team doesn't plan on deactivating him for the rest of the season.

This is essentially a playoff game for both teams. Nothing would make me more happy than to watch the Pats all but end their season this Sunday.

This is as close to playoff football as you can get. I hope the Pats realize their rear is on the line, too, it's not just Baltimore who is playing for a spot. We do not want to go into the last week of the season, when anything can happen, needing to win just to get a playoff spot. And we really want that bye and home field for one game (or two, once Denver loses divisional weekend).

There's an enormous amount of pressure on both teams. We've already seen this Patriot team respond very well to pressure situations during the course of the season, hopefully it continues on Sunday.

This is as close to playoff football as you can get. I hope the Pats realize their rear is on the line, too, it's not just Baltimore who is playing for a spot. We do not want to go into the last week of the season, when anything can happen, needing to win just to get a playoff spot. And we really want that bye and home field for one game (or two, once Denver loses divisional weekend).

There's an enormous amount of pressure on both teams. We've already seen this Patriot team respond very well to pressure situations during the course of the season, hopefully it continues on Sunday.

That's why I stick with what I have said, if we can win in Baltimore, we can go to the SB and win it all. This game means a lot to this patriot team right now.

We have no idea what shape Solder is in. If anything, they may have pulled him out after he got kicked in the helmet alst weekend as a precaution, because he got a concussion the previous week. The thing about that concussion though is tat he was in on the last play of the game, and as he trotted off the field, he was speaking coherently to a news reporter (it was on Showtimes' Inside the NFL).

I agree he shouldn't play this week, but if he comes back the next week, he may be 3 weeks removed from a concussion.

Thursday Injury Report: Ravens vs. Patriots | Russell Street Report

For the Ravens:

Did Not Participate: CB Asa Jackson (thigh), LB Albert McClellan (neck)
LIMITED PARTICIPATION:QB Joe Flacco (knee), RB Ray Rice (thigh)
FULL PARTICIPATION:S Brynden Trawick (ankle), TE Dallas Clark (illness)

The Baltimore author just couldn't help himself and resist getting in a snide remark with his final comment...

After reporting yesterday that Joe Flacco did not have an MRI on his injured left knee, ESPN later in the evening reported that the Ravens quarterback DID in fact undergo the testing.

Per Adam Schefter, the MRI on Flacco’s left knee – which was injured on Monday night when Lions linebacker DeAndre Levy fell on it – revealed a mild MCL sprain. Jamison Hensley and others brought up that Flacco actually suffered this same injury to the same knee while in college at the University of Delaware. Flacco practiced in a limited capacity on both Wednesday and Thursday, and will play in Sunday’s game against the New England Patriots. He will also, however, be wearing a brace on that left knee. Keep an eye on his passes early in the game – if they’re sailing high, he’s likely still favoring that knee a bit.

In other injury news, Ray Rice returned to practice after missing Wednesday’s session. Our own Tony Lombardi reported that he overheard Rice saying, at a charity event on Tuesday evening, that he pulled up at the end of the Detroit game not to save the clock, but because he felt a pain in his quadriceps. The fact that Rice was listed as a non-participant on Wednesday with a thigh injury seems to support what TL heard.

Fortunately, as Brian Bower expands upon here, Rice should be back on the field to take on the Patriots’ 31st-ranked run defense on Sunday.
For the Patriots, tackle Nate Solder returned to practice after missing Wednesday.

Here are the injury reports for Wednesday’s practices in Baltimore and New England (as usual, the Pats just list half their roster as “limited.”)

After nursing hip injury in recent weeks, New England Patriots rookie WR Kenbrell Thompkins says that he's 'doing pretty good' | masslive.com
Kenbrell Thompkins wasn't as forthcoming about his prospects of returning to the field this week as his running mate Aaron Dobson, but it sounds like the New England Patriots rookie wide receiver may be nearing a return.

Out the last two weeks with due to a hip injury, Thompkins has taken part in practices the last few weeks and has appeared to move better in recent sessions.
When asked if he feels that he is nearing a return, the wide receiver played it coy.

"Doing pretty good," Thompkins said. "Going out there on the practice field, running around a little bit. Just going out there and doing what I can do."

Aqib Talib bounces back to lift Pats' spirit | Boston Herald
Aqib Talib has a couple different limps.

The first drips with a swagger so contagious it spreads through the entire Patriots defense, as the cornerback performs with so much confidence that he can erase an all-world tight end in Jimmy Graham or get into a street fight with Steve Smith on national television. He’s ****y because he can be, and his teammates love that about him.

The second limp is the result of the latest injury to a balky hip that has given him issues throughout his career and might have cost him a long-term contract in last offseason’s open market. It did cost him another three games this season and admittedly limited his performance when he returned in Week 11. However, Talib has started to shake that ailment.

So long to the bad limp. Hello to the good one.

“Definitely, I’m getting that bounce back,” Talib said yesterday. “I came back right after and was still playing out there limping a little bit. I definitely think that limp is gone now. I think I’m getting closer to all the way back.”

Aaron Dobson close | Boston Herald
The rookie sounded confident yesterday that his three-week absence due to a sprained foot would come to a close Sunday against the Ravens, and the Patriots surely need him as they continue to put things back together without Rob Gronkowski.

When asked if he thought he could play, Dobson replied, “I think so. I’m just going through the week. I’m just trying to progress and see how it feels during the week.”

Dobson, who spoke yesterday for the first time since he hurt the left foot in Week 12 against the Broncos, was in a walking boot until last week. He returned to practice last Friday to get a jump start on this week, and it’s apparently helped. The Marshall product repeatedly said he’s “feeling good.”

Last edited:
Interesting tweet from Petraglia...

Mike Petraglia @Trags
Appears right now Nate Solder plays this Sunday, as do Kenbrell Thompkins and Aaron Dobson while Josh Boyce (ankle) is a no-go #Patriots

It appears that concussion that Solder supposedly suffered might not have been that bad. Either that or the resident team doctor did what he usually does. :rolleyes:

It appears that concussion that Solder supposedly suffered might not have been that bad. Either that or the resident team doctor did what he usually does. :rolleyes:

I don't like it either I woud have given Solder the next two weeks off with the Bye week hopefully that would be three...enough time to make an evaluation. I wonder how Solders Family feels about this? This a very Important Game for our Patriots alot is riding on it.

I have to assume (for my own sanity) that they'll only play Solder if he's really ready to go and it's not risky to put him out there. So, good news!

Was the problem a concussion or did we make the assumption?

Looking at Solder on the sidelines on Sunday, it didn't look to be that bad. It might have been more precautionary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes