PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots - Ravens week 16 injury reports and updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 10m
MRI on QB Joe Flacco's knee revealed mild MCL sprain that will have him wearing knee brace Sunday but will not prevent from playing vs. NE.

MRI on QB Joe Flacco's knee revealed mild MCL sprain that will have him wearing knee brace Sunday but will not prevent from playing vs. NE.

Knew it. That is partially torn, he needs a lot more protection. Less mobile for sure now. Can't risk tearing it completely.

Already saw some of that in Miami. Kline turned outside leaving a huge hole for the defender to sprint through and sack Brady. Don't know who blew the assignment, but that was as easy a sack that you would ever see.

Here is the play I was thinking of, it wasn't a sack but it wasted a down on the final drive. Look at the hole between guard and center. They need to do better this weekend, because Brady was getting hit way too much against Miami.

nosvnm.png

I said in the other thread that this could really hinder him. After he was injured on Monday, he threw passes off his back foot. If he isn't able to step into throws or feels uncomfortable trying to do, it is really could hurt his passing game.

Where is Svitek? If he was healthy that would be very good.

The interior is so soft. Why not keep Mankins inside and give the LT help by a TE all day.

I agree with you Patjew. I think that it should definitely be one of the options to heavily consider.

I agree with you Patjew. I think that it should definitely be one of the options to heavily consider.

*NORMALLY* I would agree but... the interior OL has been a disaster all year long. The two primary culprits for that will still be playing. Wendell has been awful even with Mankins covering for him. I don't think there's any reason for play at LT to take a dip as well. Mankins looked like the best LT we've had all year long. I'd say keep him there and Kline at LG with a full week of practice at both positions for both guys and hope for the best.

Here is the play I was thinking of, it wasn't a sack but it wasted a down on the final drive. Look at the hole between guard and center. They need to do better this weekend, because Brady was getting hit way too much against Miami.

nosvnm.png

On that play why waste Vereen in a Blocking assignment when he is clearly better than Hooman as a receiver? Keep TE in and Back out McDaniels not vise/versa.:mad:

I said in the other thread that this could really hinder him. After he was injured on Monday, he threw passes off his back foot. If he isn't able to step into throws or feels uncomfortable trying to do, it is really could hurt his passing game.

Against this depleted defense, he can still throw for 350 and three touchdowns easily, IMO.

Against this depleted defense, he can still throw for 350 and three touchdowns easily, IMO.

First, a completely healthy Ryan Tannehill who has passed for 200 more yards and 5 more TDs did not get 350 yards and got 3 TDs. In fact, the only QB to get those type of numbers since November 3rd when the Pats played the Steelers was Jason Campbell.

Second, if Flacco can't step into his throws, the Pats don't even need to put a defense on the field. What difference does it make if Torrey Smith is wide open by ten yards 30 yards down the field if Flacco's pass is five yards off the mark because he cannot step into the throw.

Third, the Ravens arguably have the worst pass offense the Pats will have faced since the Jets. It is close with Cleveland, but they do show signs of life with Campbell at QB.

Maybe you were just exaggerating for effect, but the facts do not support your assertion.

First, a completely healthy Ryan Tannehill who has passed for 200 more yards and 5 more TDs did not get 350 yards and got 3 TDs. In fact, the only QB to get those type of numbers since November 3rd when the Pats played the Steelers was Jason Campbell.

Second, if Flacco can't step into his throws, the Pats don't even need to put a defense on the field. What difference does it make if Torrey Smith is wide open by ten yards 30 yards down the field if Flacco's pass is five yards off the mark because he cannot step into the throw.

Third, the Ravens arguably have the worst pass offense the Pats will have faced since the Jets. It is close with Cleveland, but they do show signs of life with Campbell at QB.

Maybe you were just exaggerating for effect, but the facts do not support your assertion.

I was exaggerating.:)
But I still don't like the match up this week.

Flacco has a rocket cannon laser arm. He can huck it without stepping into it.

nosvnm.png

Fwd this to Gisele
Fireworks!

nosvnm.png

I have seen this pic quite a few times this yr. Like inthe saints game when cannon was holding hands blocking no one.

Some updates from Wednesday:

Wednesday injury report: Solder (concussion) out again - Extra Points - Boston.com

Patriots left tackle Nate Solder missed Wednesday's practice after suffering a concussion in Sunday's game, his second in two weeks. Solder left the game in the fourth quarter after taking a hit to the helmet, and did not return.
Receiver Josh Boyce was the only other player to miss Patriots practice, which was inside Gillette Stadium. Boyce left the game with an ankle injury.

Thirteen players were listed by the Patriots as limited in practice, including quarterback Tom Brady, cornerbacks Aqib Talib and Kyle Arrington, and rookie receivers Aaron Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins.​

Patriots' Nate Solder, Josh Boyce miss practice; 13 limited - espnBoston

Code:
PATRIOTS PRACTICE REPORT
Player	       Pos.	Injury	Wednesday
Josh Boyce	WR	Ankle	DNP
Nate Solder	OT	Concussion	DNP
Danny Amendola	WR	Groin	Limited
Kyle Arrington	CB	Groin	Limited
Tom Brady	QB	Right Shoulder	Limited
Marcus Cannon	OT	Ankle	Limited
Alfonzo Dennard	CB	Knee/Shoulder	Limited
Aaron Dobson	WR	Foot	Limited
Dane Fletcher	LB	Groin	Limited
Steve Gregory	S	Finger	Limited
Hoomanawanui	TE	Knee	Limited
Brandon Spikes	LB	Knee	Limited
Will Svitek	OT	Ankle	Limited
Aqib Talib	CB	Hip	Limited
K Thompkins	WR	Hip	Limited

RAVENS PRACTICE REPORT
Player	       Pos.	Injury	Wednesday
Dallas Clark	TE	Illness	DNP
Asa Jackson	CB	Thigh	DNP
A McClellan	LB	Neck	DNP
Ray Rice	RB	Thigh	DNP
Joe Flacco	QB	Knee	Limited
Brynden Trawick	S	Ankle	Full

Joe Flacco wearing knee brace, participating in light practice - BaltimoreSun.com

Although the Ravens left little doubt that quarterback Joe Flacco will line up Sunday against the New England Patriots despite an minor sprained left knee, he won’t do so without taking a precautionary measure.

A magnetic resonance imaging exam revealed that Flacco suffered a low-grade sprain of his medial collateral ligament, according to a source.

Consequently, Flacco will wear a protective brace on his knee Sunday for the first time in his NFL career after being fitted for the equipment and started using it Wednesday during a light workout where he wasn’t limping noticeably.

“I don’t know if it will be a necessity or not, but I’m going to wear it,” said Flacco, who hasn’t worn a brace since his junior year at Delaware when he sprained his left medial collateral ligament. “There’s no reason not to. The brace isn’t a big deal. Hopefully, it will prevent anything really crazy from happening if I happen to get hit on it again.”

Flacco practiced on a limited basis, taking snaps and handing off to running backs during the portion open to reporters. He didn’t seem to have any major issues with his mobility or appear to be in pain.

“It has been pretty stiff,” said Flacco, adding that he doesn’t expect the knee to need to be addressed after the season. “It’s feeling better, though. It looks like it’s getting better and better. Hopefully, some of the swelling will go down and stuff like that. So, yes, it’s getting better. That’s a good sign I think.”

Flacco got hurt in the second half of the Ravens’ 18-16 victory Monday night against the Detroit Lions when linebacker DeAndre Levy crashed into his knee.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said he’s already spoken with league officials about why the play didn’t draw a penalty under an NFL rule that protects quarterbacks from low hits. Levy could draw a fine from the NFL.​

Solder back at practice today. Must be a "mild" concussion issue although I'd feel better if he stayed home this week.

Solder back at practice today. Must be a "mild" concussion issue although I'd feel better if he stayed home this week.

cue PFT and other outlets killing Pats for this. They were already pointing out that BB didnt mention concussion yesterday in his presser.

Flacco has a rocket cannon laser arm. He can huck it without stepping into it.

Yes, distance isn't as big of a problem with not being able to step into it, but accuracy is. I think he can still throw a ball 30-40 yards down the field without stepping, but can he get within 5-10 yards of the receiver 30-40 yards down the field is the question. Flacco was always a guy who hucked the ball up there and let his receivers fight for it, but even if they had Megatron, he couldn't fight for a ball that is nowhere near him.

He will probably stay home. Two concussions in two weeks. The team would be nuts to play him this week. Line up Mankins at LT and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes