PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Harrassed by NFL/Jets Over Bugging/Electronics Suspicions - Conflicting Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're misreading that.

Florio is saying that the motivation did NOT come from the Jets.

He is fingering the NFL!!!!!!!!!

Then he follows that with his final paragraph showing that the NFL is allowing a possible setup even after the Pats asked for pregame certifications.

Florio is going full guns blazing against the NFL.

Yeah, I didn't read anything negative re: the Patriots into what Florio wrote there. He very clearly pointed out the proactive steps that the Patriots are trying to take to demonstrate their innocence, and clearly showed that the NFL was unwilling to lift a finger to address the "integrity of the game", but are willing to indulge any random accusation that anyone could possibly make against the Pats.

It requires reading just a little bit between the lines, but the Patriots aren't the ones who look bad coming out of this. The NFL looks terrible, as usual. They won't sweep the locker room if the goal is to certify that it's clean, but they will sweep that very same locker room if there's a chance they can declare it unclean and banish Belichick from the NFL. Which I think we all know is Goodell's end goal at this point.

The Jets are already coming out and saying this isnt true so lets chill

So either the Jets are lying or CBS can line up for the "our source got burned and ran with a false story designed to smear the Pats" parade. Let's see if Esiason/CBS actually has some semblance of integrity here and will address the fact that they may have been used.

Probably Denver, given their history of cheating.

You guys are all swinging wildly at off-speed pitches and missing by a mile when it is all patently obvious per that description about a long-time successful team.

Pittsburgh.

If they are talking about the paid staff in hotel/city places, etc. the Steelers have the track record with that. They even have that off-duty sheriff guy who is the FIXER for Roethlisberger and his troop:

Report: Lieutenant Called "The Cleaner" Also Steelers Security Chief

boomer and carton are the ones who said brady was sure to serve a suspension this yr after it was revoked

Last edited:
Yeah, I didn't read anything negative re: the Patriots into what Florio wrote there. He very clearly pointed out the proactive steps that the Patriots are trying to take to demonstrate their innocence, and clearly showed that the NFL was unwilling to lift a finger to address the "integrity of the game", but are willing to indulge any random accusation that anyone could possibly make against the Pats.

It requires reading just a little bit between the lines, but the Patriots aren't the ones who look bad coming out of this. The NFL looks terrible, as usual. They won't sweep the locker room if the goal is to certify that it's clean, but they will sweep that very same locker room if there's a chance they can declare it unclean and banish Belichick from the NFL. Which I think we all know is Goodell's end goal at this point.

Exactly.

The people complaining about Florio here have serious reading comprehension issues.

By writing his last paragraph, he just gave Belichick and the Pats complete immunity from ever being jobbed by the NFL regarding bugs.

Apparently, Esiason started this one with a casual mention that the Jets asked the NFL to sweep their locker rooms for bugs and then he pulled the "that's what I was told last night". Sources within the Jets are denying this ever occurred.

I think Esiason is lying. Carton, who was conducting the interview, wanted to tweet it out to the world as a major scoop, but Esiason wanted him to change the context of it:

Right after bringing the story up, Carton said he was going to tweet out the scoop while they were on the air. Esiason then instructed him to pose the revelation as a question. “Why don’t you put the word ‘did’ in front of it?” he said. “And then a question mark at the end of it.”

The Patriots should have the Massachusetts State Police secretly check the room for bugs before
each game. Then, all activity in and out of the room should be monitored. If a problem occurs, get
local law enforcement to impound the evidence.

Massachusetts State Police????

Oh yeah, THAT would satisfy the nation's concern about integrity.........

Massachusetts State Police????

Oh yeah, THAT would satisfy the nation's concern about integrity.........

Since illegal wire tapping is a Federal Offense, it would have to be people from the Boston Office of the FBI.. Like they have nothing better to do with their time.. Like catch REAL criminals..

Apparently, Esiason started this one with a casual mention that the Jets asked the NFL to sweep their locker rooms for bugs and then he pulled the "that's what I was told last night". Sources within the Jets are denying this ever occurred.

I think Esiason is lying. Carton, who was conducting the interview, wanted to tweet it out to the world as a major scoop, but Esiason wanted him to change the context of it:

This is like 4 weeks after Boomer and Carton "Broke" the news that the NFL-Brady Appeal would be held BEFORE the end of this season and Brady would miss games in 2015??????

Those two have credibilty ratings akin to Mort at this point.

Last edited:
I wouldn't let Kensil, Goodell, or Vincent set foot in Foxboro. This tells you that the Patriots are in all the teams' heads and we should be worried about a team planting bugs in the visitor locker room to try to screw the Pats of our next 10 first rounders!

The Jets are already coming out and saying this isnt true so lets chill

Why chill????

THINK.

The story says that the lockerroom WAS swept. So the order to sweep it came from NOT THE JETS, but the LEAGUE.

That doesn't bother you even more - - or are you simply not paying attention?

Last edited:
I said it back when deflategate first started and the league didn't put it to bed, and ill say it again now.

Every team in the league can now acuse the pats of cheating and the league will take it seriously because they are "multi time offenders" its complete and utter ********

Since illegal wire tapping is a Federal Offense, it would have to be people from the Boston Office of the FBI.. Like they have nothing better to do with their time.. Like catch REAL criminals..

Wonderful:

johnconnolly-3451.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe