PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots give Browns permission to interview McDaniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least he isn't going to a division rival.

He is just going through the interview for experience (so I am hoping).

Did he do any interviews last year? I remember his name being thrown around but I *think* he turned them all down and said "Thanks, but no thanks".

I hope him and Pioli stay for a few more years.

I don't know squat about him really, but [selfishly] I think he's not ready to be a HC yet and am hoping he stays for one more season. :) The odds of his getting another ring with the Pats next year seem fairly good. Plus, if they accomplish that, he'll so have his pick of the litter of jobs opening up in 2010, college, pro, whatever.

Right now, only the Denver and [maybe] :eek::eek: New Jersey jobs look enticing I would think.

Last edited:
I'm not a huge McDaniels fan.....sorry.

If he goes, he goes.

The only thing I wonder is where does the loyalty factor to BB step up?

The Browns must think the only capable personnel existing in the NFL belong to the Pats.....RAC, Peoli, McDaniels.....

I'm not a huge McDaniels fan.....sorry.

If he goes, he goes.

The only thing I wonder is where does the loyalty factor to BB step up?

The Browns must think the only capable personnel existing in the NFL belong to the Pats.....RAC, Peoli, McDaniels.....
well he has had his bad moments but i give him credit for managing the offense in 2006 without and WR and then transforming it into a juggernaut when the added moss and welker and now developing cassel.
Yes BB's hand is everywhere but BB also needs people he can trust to delegate.
McD going will be an underrated loss which wont appreciate until later IMO

Yes BB's hand is everywhere but BB also needs people he can trust to delegate.

Yet, I think we've all noticed that BB barely pays attention when the offense is on the field, spending most of his time working with the defense. While surely BB has input and final say on the offensive game plan, he seems to put near complete trust in JMcD to execute. That surely says something about JMcD... you could blow that off last year, but this year, with an untested, unproven QB at the helm, for that behavior to continue says worlds about JMcD and the trust that BB has in him.

Totally stupid move for both sides if he's actually offered the job, and accepts.

Just working with Belichick doesn't mean someone can run a team. I'm sure McDaniels will make a fine HC some day, but i'd have to say he's far from ready. Just my 2c.

I'd have a hard time believing a guy younger than some players on the team who is still wet behind the ears would command the respect needed to head coach a pro football team.

Pioli EVP and GM, Josh HC and OC, Crennel Asst HC and DC
They have the talent and experience to run the browns.

Last edited:
Disagree... I dig JMcD as the OC... but he's nowhere near ready for the HC gig yet, and I think he's smart enough to know that, unlike Mangini before him.

Josh as OC and Belichick as HC and you may be right :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back