PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots fans should really want the Jest to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** the Jets, Manning deserves just as much "ball washing" as Brady does, Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez do not. GO COLTS!:mad:

Jets must win the CG, and then lose the SB in a spectacularly humiliating fashion, preferably to the Saints.

In addition to the irresistibly delicious irony that would be the Colts losing to the Jets, the Colts must not win the SB. The best way to ensure that is for them not to make it there. The Jests almost certainly will not be able to win the SB if they should make it there. Of course, I have no real expectation that the Jests will actually beat the Clots, but there it is.

I have picked my poison. Bitter as it is, it mixes [barely] well enough with the kool-aid which convinces me that the Clots will eff themselves and the Pats will be instrumental in putting the SB-losing Jests back in their rightful place next season!

You cannot sway me, PATSNUTme! I DO NOT waver in my stance. Okay, I do waver quite a bit. But you don't know that. Oops...except I just told you. So nevermind that last part. :snob:

[runs off to drink more kool-aid]

Last edited:
This one is just brutal! I hate them both and cheering for either makes me feel dirty. The kind of dirty that a 30 minute hot shower won't clean.
After careful consideration, here's how I want it to play out.

The Jets lose to Indy, thus crushing the idiotic fan base led by Fireman Ed. To have some so close and failed, will mess with the long term mental health of their coach and fan base, both of whom I detest with great passion.

Then Indy gets spanked in the Superbowl by the Saints. Indy fans and their butt hole munching QB are convinced that they are going to win it all this year. I want their spirits broken and there be a long term lingering stench of shame at the franchises 2009 failure.

That is my dream scenario.

plrap-2t.jpg

HOLA!

Sorry, I am just a huge fan of irony. Colts letting the Jets in and then getting knocked out by the Jets = Irony.

Plus, I have been LOVING Mike Francessa's dismissal of the Jets as a team who are not contenders, but the ultimate "Right Place at the Right Time" lottery winners. Irate Jet fans have been calling into him all week complaining about how he doens't take them seriously, and he just laughs at them and tells them "It's not defense that makes 5 FG misses, it's LUCK! Where was all this chest beating after losing to the Falcons and Rex saying you can't make the playoffs?" It's been very entertaining, and another two weeks of annoyed chest thumpers followed by a savage beatdown by the Saints would be fantastic.

All that, added in with Polian looking like a complete and utter douche (even more so that usual) for yanking his starters and letting the Jets is...I can hold my nose and cheer on the Jets for 3 hours.

Sorry, I am just a huge fan of irony. Colts letting the Jets in and then getting knocked out by the Jets = Irony.

Plus, I have been LOVING Mike Francessa's dismissal of the Jets as a team who are not contenders, but the ultimate "Right Place at the Right Time" lottery winners. Irate Jet fans have been calling into him all week complaining about how he doens't take them seriously, and he just laughs at them and tells them "It's not defense that makes 5 FG misses, it's LUCK! Where was all this chest beating after losing to the Falcons and Rex saying you can't make the playoffs?" It's been very entertaining, and another two weeks of annoyed chest thumpers followed by a savage beatdown by the Saints would be fantastic.

All that, added in with Polian looking like a complete and utter douche (even more so that usual) for yanking his starters and letting the Jets is...I can hold my nose and cheer on the Jets for 3 hours.

True but It would also be Ironic if the guy who played qb for the Jets and sucked last year beat them in the superbowl, nobody seems to mention this. ;)

I have been quite surprised by the number of Patriots fans who have a greater hate for the Colts than the Jets this week. I do understand the Colts hate, but in this case, I think it's very narrow in focus.

Let's examine the reasons to hate both teams and why hating the Jets more is the most logical.

1. The Jets have always been our closest rivals dating back to the old AFC days. For 10 or more years they hung their one SB win around our necks.

2. We play the Jets 2 times per year every year and their always seems to be some crap going on between the 2 teams. We have been playing the Colts once or twice per year recently but that's only because the 2 teams finish first in their division and then meet in the playoffs. When Manning is no longer playing we probably won't play them but once every 3 years because they will be sucking again.

3. The Jets insulted the Patriots by tampering with Parcells during Super Bowl week. Then they tampered with Curtis Martin so we couldn't match the offer for him.

4. The Jets were the reason that the taping thing got blow way out of proportion. Then former Jets employee Roger Goodell overreacted and took a 1st rounder away from us thinking it would help the Jets be competitive with Patriots in the future.

Now those few things should be enough to make any true Patriots fan hate the Jets more. But in case you need more try this on for size.

We can have a real emotional satisfaction if the Colts beat the Jets:

1. The Jets have never won an AFC title and have not made it to the Super Bowl for 40 years. A loss this Sunday will keep that losing streak alive and maybe go on for another 40 years.

2. A Colts win Sunday sets them up to get a whacking by the Saints in the Super Bowl. Just think how joyful that will feel watching that take place.

If all this typing has help one or two Patriots change their thinking and decide to wish for a Jets loss on Sunday, it has been worth it.

Has it?
No. An AFCCG loss by the Jets won't hurt their fans enough. I want them to feel the pain of a Super Bowl loss.

Oh I absolutely HATE the Jests far more than the Dolts. No question in my mind what so ever. But for me - that does not quite make the decision for me on THIS GAME. My initial reaction was root for the Colts, a 'no-brainer'. Then I decided actually to use my brain and I came up with the following (taken from thread -"Good things happen if Jets beat Colts"). Please consider:

Much more likely the Jets would lose the SB than the Dolts (against whomever wins NFC). So instead of Jets losing this weekend - and getting the feeling of sad but still 'being on the way up - just wait til next season' positive mentality. It is better for us if instead the Jets win this weekend and (will certainly lose in SB)- Jets get the dreaded Super bowl loser mentality - choked in the big game. How could it have been if only......blah, blah, blah...Which will affect the players next year and their fans for years to come! I love it. It could really mess with Sanchez mind in the years to come - to be so close and lose. Especially if his career mirrors Dan Marinos and Jets dont come back again for a long long time (if ever). Season after season of not making it to the SB -Sanchez will be haunted of being so close (and even more haunting if he makes an interception or 2 in the game). Manning has at least won a SB so the pressure on him won't be as great during the game nor the repercussions if he loses.

Plus we can taunt the Jests fans for losing the SB just like they do to us now for 2007. Can you honestly say you were glad that we at least MADE it to the Super Bowl in 2007? Even though we have won 3 - I cannot honestly say - "oh I am glad we were in that game. Too bad we lost". That game gives me a sick feeling in my stomach whenever I think about it. And even better, for the Jests to lose to Lord Favres Vikings - DELICIOUS! This scenario gets better every minute.

Furthermore, the Jets players all wanting more money, lower draft order (#31 to losers) and such. Whomever the Jets play in SB - either Vikings or especially Saints would be the choice of most of the rest of the nations fans.

But wait - there's MORE! You also get....

the great things about the Colts losing THIS weekend. In their own building: hearing the silence of the crowd; seeing the disgusted looks on the players faces and their heads down as the cameras zoom in; seeing the shock of the crying fans with their # 18 jerseys on. That will bring a smile to my face. We get to see the sad distraught fans of the Colts this weekend at their home, and then the upset fans of the Jets in 3 weekends. THAT IS GREAT ENTERTAINMENT for me.

And for all the Colts players, coaches and FO to know that they brought this wrath onto themselves for laying down to die in week 16. For chickening out instead of playing all out -going for football immortality. Knockout - score 1 for bad karma. Don't EVER mess with the football gods! Play the game with integrity you sniveling Colts (aka. weasels). I hope Colts get beaten so bad - they have to be sent to the glue factory to be put out of their misery.

It is a PERFECT SETUP on all sides. This scenario will mentally negatively impact BOTH Jets and Colts fans/players for years to come. (As I don't see a likelyhood of Jests beating either Vikes nor Saints. But Colts - that is another story as some ref(s) will throw at some critical juncture a pass interference flag for the Colts. Then after Colts win we will have to hear once again Manning vs. Brady ad nausium and all the way to the HOF. As the other poster said, better that Manning never gets the chance to begin with.

I NEVER thought I would say this but for my above points: (and check out the thread "Good things happen......Jets beat Colts"

GO JETS! (Then GO SAINTS / VIKINGS!)

wrong, thatd be stooping down to hater level. im no hater. losers are haters

Curtis Martin is the honored captain at the coin toss this sunday as well....not a Patriots dig,but nonetheless....

Did anyone see Sanchez at yesterdays PC wearing a 'Wonderboy' shirt?

Sounds like Sanchez is getting a pretty big head only in his rookie season

True but It would also be Ironic if the guy who played qb for the Jets and sucked last year beat them in the superbowl, nobody seems to mention this. ;)

If we have a Vikings/Jets Super Bowl, you'll see this come up quite often tomorrow at about 10pm.

Personally, I want to see the Jest lose tomorrow, there luck will run out tomorrow, and I want to see the Colts lose in the SuperBowl so I can see Manning pout like a little, well, you know what...:D

Geaux Jets!

If the colts win there is a very real possibility they win the SB. There is much less a chance that the Jets win. So that is one reason I am rooting for the Jets.

The other reason is that Peyton has a big head and is in many TV commercials plus all the ball washing (oh, that's just typical Peyton, if he isn't the best QB to ever play the game, then I'm Rumplestilskin!). It's just too horrible to contemplate.

Another reason is that Ryan is a good coach. He has the defensive scheme that WE should have. Instead of this bend and keep bending until they score nonsense. And yes, I know we "blitz" but apparently not well at all.

Geaux Jets!

If the colts win there is a very real possibility they win the SB. There is much less a chance that the Jets win. So that is one reason I am rooting for the Jets.

The other reason is that Peyton has a big head and is in many TV commercials plus all the ball washing (oh, that's just typical Peyton, if he isn't the best QB to ever play the game, then I'm Rumplestilskin!). It's just too horrible to contemplate.

Another reason is that Ryan is a good coach. He has the defensive scheme that WE should have. Instead of this bend and keep bending until they score nonsense. And yes, I know we "blitz" but apparently not well at all.

your sound like your happy that the Jets are winning:confused:
If the Jets win than their is just as much of a possiblity that they win the superbowl, they did just beat Peyton Manning and the Colts right. You think Peyton Manning gets his nuts hugged, here in NY/NJ they are buying SB tickets and hotel reservations, some of the ****iest MF'ers in the world right now. At least Peyton and CO deserve their Nut hugging just like Brady deserves his.

Absolutely not.

Colts getting beat by the Jets would be the most embarrassing thing to happen to them. I want to root for that.

Also if Colts end up in the superbowl, we'll have to listen to more ball-washing of Manning being the best QB in a long time despite his 8-8 postseason record.

I agree. If the Colts lose, their will be a media sh*t storm in Indy and maybe the people at ESPN will finally get off of Manning and the Colt's jock.

Anyways, whether the Jets or Colts win doesn't bother me because it's not their fault the Pats can't take care of business.

Last edited:
This one is just brutal! I hate them both and cheering for either makes me feel dirty. The kind of dirty that a 30 minute hot shower won't clean.

I know. I think I might root for the Jets, but it's hard to do. Once the ball is kicked off, I will be rooting for one or the other. I always pick a team.

Being that the Jets are the Jets and are one of our oldest division rivals, I say...

ColtsChick1111107115838.gif

...go Colts. :eek:

"Shortsided" Nutty? I'm not the one getting locked in my shed because I lacked foresight regarding the need for egress. So you and your buddy NaPolian can go soar with the egress, but I'll be laughing my butt off if Sexy Rexy steals Peyty's oreos.

my shed locks from the INSIDE

Me >>>>>>>>>>almost the entire human race...or a reasonable facsimile thereof...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye