PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots fans should really want the Jest to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Shortsided" Nutty? I'm not the one getting locked in my shed because I lacked foresight regarding the need for egress. So you and your buddy NaPolian can go soar with the egress, but I'll be laughing my butt off if Sexy Rexy steals Peyty's oreos.

A very short sighted view, if I must say so. Perhaps you do not have the hating experience that some of us have.

You see, it's always better to see your enemies smitten at the worst time for them. The Jest have never been to a SB since the merger. Their going will bring great joy to them and their morons of fans. So, cut them off right there.

Now the Colts expect to be there and expect to win it all. To see the Saints, which is the best overall team in the NFL, take them apart on the biggest stage would be a wonderful sight to see.

Now that I have corrected the errors in your thinking, shirley you must now see the true path of having the hate cup running over.

2 words: Bill Polian

JETS suck suck suck period. I hate both teams but no way on the Jets!

The Jets will grind the Colts to a pulp. NYJ 27 IND 17.

You have shamed me, PATSNUTme!

Two very short sighted responses,if I may so. You must look at the big picture and long term.
The outcome of this game will not change what will or will not happen over the next ten years in the AFCE.

The big picture is that the Colts had a chance at history.

Were you watching the Colts-Jets game? Did you see Manning's face. THe other Colts? They knew they were pissing away a shot at history.

Much as I was disappointed at the way the Pats 2007 season ended, I think they could have gone 19-0 and should have.

To me it is only fitting that the Colts lose to the team the allowed into the playoffs. It is poetic football justice.

I've rooted for the Jets twice in my life. Against the raiders in 2001 and against the Dolphins in 2008. This would make time three.

I hate the Jets but the Colts are a bigger rival. They are a better team. You want to be the best, you must beat the best, and that is the Colts, not the Jests.

J E T S Jets jets jets

Last edited:
Now that I have corrected the errors in your thinking, shirley you must now see the true path of having the hate cup running over.

He doesn't see it that way

and don't call him shirley

The Jets lose to Indy, thus crushing the idiotic fan base led by Fireman Ed. To have some so close and failed, will mess with the long term mental health of their coach and fan base
You're joking, right? By that logic the Pats and Pats fans are in worse shape by losing the superbowl to the gints.

Jets went from nothing to contenders in three weeks. If they lose to the Colts the Jets fans will blame the refs and will be saying wait until next year.

Most Patriot fans in their hate for the Colts do not seem to realize that if Jets fortunes turn out to be anything like the 2001 Patriots and what followed behind a young QB - then they are in for some long years. Even if Colts win tomorrow & the Superbowl that is not as damaging to the Pats as a Jets win could be.

yeah..."could be!!!!!"...the mantra of the 40 year and still counting, starving bi-plane fans..the "whoosh!!!!" you are going to be hearing tomorrow is the avalanche of Pay-Me-Ton aerial bombs landing all over gangrene's head.

Most Patriot fans in their hate for the Colts do not seem to realize that if Jets fortunes turn out to be anything like the 2001 Patriots and what followed behind a young QB - then they are in for some long years. Even if Colts win tomorrow & the Superbowl that is not as damaging to the Pats as a Jets win could be.

He isn't going to be noticably better by winning one more game. It's not cause and effect. A good QB will be more likely to win...if he wins that won't cause him to be a good QB.

Besides, they'd have a better cfhance of losing in the SB, than indy.

You are aware that, if a cap situation gets worked out, that the Jets are looking at being handcuffed by the cap in a couple of years on top of starting age dead in the face, right? I guess not. It's good that the Jets are built right now and you guys (assuming you are a Jets fan) definitely deserve to be where you're at after that San Diego win. However, they are not getting any younger, while the Pats are at most positions. Brady still has another few years left in the tank as well. So, we shall see.

Sorry guys - I want the Dolts to win tomorrow and win big, and then lose big to NO in Miami. No way do I want those [expletive] Jesters making it to another Super Bowl. It's the lesser of two evils, and as much as I hate the Dolts, I hate the Jesters much, much more. ;)

this game is like choosing between a kick to the left nut and a kick to the right nut.

painful either way.

Maybe the Colts win, Manning gets knocked out, and Painter plays in the Super Bowl as they lose 56-0 with 6 turnovers.

Last edited:
3. The Jets insulted the Patriots by tampering with Parcells during Super Bowl week.

And don't forget how they pretended Tuna's contract with the Pats was meaningless... but then three years later, when Belichick wanted out, suddenly contracts were sacred documents. 99.9% of the complaints they made about the Pats in 2000 were the same things they scoffed at in 1997.

I hate the Colts
But mere words are not enough to describe my loathing for the Jets
And their freakin fans
Nuff said
Back to Beer

Who ever does go to the Superbowl, I want them to lose on a last second field goal or Peyton throwing a pick 6 in a tie game :D

I have been quite surprised by the number of Patriots fans who have a greater hate for the Colts than the Jets this week. I do understand the Colts hate, but in this case, I think it's very narrow in focus.

Let's examine the reasons to hate both teams and why hating the Jets more is the most logical.

1. The Jets have always been our closest rivals dating back to the old AFC days. For 10 or more years they hung their one SB win around our necks.

2. We play the Jets 2 times per year every year and their always seems to be some crap going on between the 2 teams. We have been playing the Colts once or twice per year recently but that's only because the 2 teams finish first in their division and then meet in the playoffs. When Manning is no longer playing we probably won't play them but once every 3 years because they will be sucking again.

3. The Jets insulted the Patriots by tampering with Parcells during Super Bowl week. Then they tampered with Curtis Martin so we couldn't match the offer for him.

4. The Jets were the reason that the taping thing got blow way out of proportion. Then former Jets employee Roger Goodell overreacted and took a 1st rounder away from us thinking it would help the Jets be competitive with Patriots in the future.

Now those few things should be enough to make any true Patriots fan hate the Jets more. But in case you need more try this on for size.

We can have a real emotional satisfaction if the Colts beat the Jets:

1. The Jets have never won an AFC title and have not made it to the Super Bowl for 40 years. A loss this Sunday will keep that losing streak alive and maybe go on for another 40 years.

2. A Colts win Sunday sets them up to get a whacking by the Saints in the Super Bowl. Just think how joyful that will feel watching that take place.

If all this typing has help one or two Patriots change their thinking and decide to wish for a Jets loss on Sunday, it has been worth it.

Has it?

Nut, you're missing the key point that if the Green Beans win, it could ruin the very heart of the Colts franchise for years to come. This is a rare, historical opportunity. Polian will forever be a laughingstock for creating the Frankenstein monster that proved his undoing (resting starters and letting New Jersey into the playoffs). The players will hate him and their puppet coach for not letting them dispatch the Green Beans and go for a perfect season. Manning will be one year closer to Dan Marino than Tom Brady. Colts fans will become an angry mob and will never again trust their team. It's the perfect storm waiting to happen, and will be unprecedented.

As for the Green Beans: they will forever have an * next to their 2010 playoff run for having not just one but TWO teams lie down for them at the end of the regular season allowing them in. Plus, I trust that whoever they face in the Super Bowl from the NFC will smoke them. Their Cinderella story will end in a train wreck, and we all know that Super Bowl losers historically have an off year the following season.

THIS would be the best of all possible scenarios for all discerning Patriots fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back