Welcome to PatsFans.com

Patriots Daily - Around The League Week 1 Preseason

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatriotsDaily.com, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatriotsDaily.com

PatriotsDaily.com On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Mid-August. Training camp is pretty much over. Each of the NFL’s 32 teams are at least one game into their preseason schedules. And what do we know?

To sort of quote the eminently quotable Jim Mora, former Colts and Saints head coach, “diddley poo.”

Around The League – Preseason Week One

2. stinkypete

stinkypete In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

I don't understand the (in hindsight) shock and awe surrounding the Saints super bowl win. If my recollection of the 2009 preseason serves me well, the Saints were a trendy pick to represent the NFC in the super bowl.

Am I imagining this? I remember most predictions centering around the Saints, Cowboys and Vikings emerging from the NFC. They had an elite offense and just added Darren Sharper, Jabari Greer and Malcom Jenkins, not to mention coordinator Greg Williams, to their defense. This team was presumed a contender from the beginning.

Let's stop pretending that this past super bowl was a shock. The 2007 Giants were a shock. The 2001 Pats were a shock. The 2009 Saints were a trendy pick that delivered.

3. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,506 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Agreed, now if only Houston would make the playoffs this year to finally remove the "trendy pick" nonsense that surrounds them every year.

4. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,688 / 27 / -35

Take one guess who the "Wendy's pick" is........

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.