PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots CUTS

I have never understood all the Francis love.

Francis played well at the end of the season and in the playoffs. Not a starter by any stretch, but played well enough for a depth player.

@FieldYates: The Patriots have released DE Justin Francis, LB Ja'Gared Davis and DB Kanorris Davis, according to a league source.

Shocked about Francis. He was coming on at the end of the season last year. I figured he was a lock. No way they will sneak him onto the practice squad.

according to Field Yates, he's not PS eligible.

I'm glad Forston is gone. He couldn't stop the run and wasn't much of a pass rusher. He also appeared to be dogging it in the Giants game.

Francis was a nice story, but as someone mentioned, he reached his ceiling.

I think the Pats see Bequette as a future Ninkovitch. I hope he keeps developing.

I was wrong, Bequette beat out Francis. I don't know what Bequette has done to secure a job. He did not look good Thursday, despite what people claimed and even if he did, that would be the only time this preseason that he did.

There has to be a D-Line signing imminent right? We seem to have little-to-no depth on the line from my viewpoint.

Ron Brace got cut today by Skins. Foxboro reunion?

So, right now, Vellano is this teams primary interior backup?

If so, that's a huge OUCH situation and has to be somehow remedied.

Francis played well at the end of the season and in the playoffs. Not a starter by any stretch, but played well enough for a depth player.

Eh. Seemed like a pretty marginal player to me, and certainly not a lock to make the roster.

I suppose in light of the depth (lack thereof) it's somewhat surprising. I assume they're planning on combing through the scrap heap.

46/53 for my predictions.

edit: forgot about Mesko...

Not that it will happen, but someone pointed out elsewhere:

Kelly
Seymour
Wilfork
Jones (dual role)

Mayo
Hightower
Spikes
Ninkovich
Jones (dual role)

Would make for a very interesting 3-4 front that would still have 4-3 capability.

Definitely worth reading.

Mesko was one of the most interesting and likeable individuals to play for the Patriots. I'll miss him.

Seriously and how often can you say that about our punter? About anyone's punter?

Regarding the D-Line depth, is there a chance that Collins will see some snaps at DE assuming BB doesn't sign anyone to bolster the position?

Seriously and how often can you say that about our punter? About anyone's punter?

In my daughter's words:

"But...but...he was the guy who taught me that actual people can be named Zoltan!

This is the worst news since Legolas not being real."

Can anyone post the updated 53 man roster?

QB (2) Brady, Mallett
RB (6) Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Blount, Washington, Develin
WR (6) Amendola, Thompkins, Boyce, Dobson, Edelman, Slater
TE (3) Gronkowski, Sudfeld, Hoomanawanui
C (1) Wendell
G (4) Mankins, Cannon, Connolly, McDonald
T (3) Solder, Vollmer, Svitek
DE (4) Jones, Ninkovich, Buchanan, Bequette
DT (3) Wilfork, Kelly, Vellano
ILB(3) Hightower, Spikes, Beauharnais
OLB(4) Mayo, Collins, Fletcher, Tarpinian
CB (5) Talib, Dennard, Arrington, Ryan, Cole
SS (4) Harmon, Wilson, Wilson, Ebner
FS (2) McCourty, Gregory
ST (3) Gostkowski, Aiken, Allen

Total players: 53
Created with Pats Picker: Pats Picker 2013

I can't imagine this is final, Tarpinian, McDonald?? Hooman and Develin?? Bequette? Six Safeties?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back