PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots Claim QB Nathan Rourke

I will say this; based on a pic I saw of him, the dude has some seriously muscular biceps!

I watched him alot in the CFL. Good arm for the CFL, probably average in the NFL but a very good athlete. Not that big, maybe 6-1, 210 but moves really well. Best player in the CFL when he was there.
So better than our other guys?

worth a look

three-year starter at Ohio U (MAC),
won all three of his bowl games,
was a two-year captain,
known for his mental toughness,
threw for 60 TDs/20 INTs in college,
48 rushing TDs in 38 career college games,
no significant injuries,
no off field issues,
great accuracy in the CFL (so-so in college),
used to crappy weather (native Canadian)

No confirmed 40 time that I could find.
NFL Draftscout had him as 4.59 (est) and in the CFL highlight video the announcer said 4.47.

Seriously can we STFU about Malik. The kid who went undrafted, has one drive in the pre season and suddenly he's Lamar Jackson. Clearly he did **** all year to impress anyone on the staff. Most annoying topic currently on the board. Let's cry about Michael Bishop while we're at it, I mean what could of been.

Now there is no need to take a qb with top pick.
Bill come on…. We couldn’t have kept Malik instead of this hoser?

Seriously can we STFU about Malik. The kid who went undrafted, has one drive in the pre season and suddenly he's Lamar Jackson. Clearly he did **** all year to impress anyone on the staff. Most annoying topic currently on the board. Let's cry about Michael Bishop while we're at it, I mean what could of been.
Right. The best team in the AFC just put him on their roster, so I guess he sucks.

Grier must have really sucked ... I mean not even a sniff ... suck QB on a suck team.
Zappe is definitely not in the mix for the backup QB ... if we draft a QB we need a veteran backup.
So just speculating ... looking for a QB who can become the backup and push the starter????
That's my evaluation of Zappe too I no longer view him as a Back up he's too limited.

Right. The best team in the AFC just put him on their roster, so I guess he sucks.
In a pinch he can run their middle school offense a fraction as well as Lamar does. The kid is never going to run a real offense in the NFL.

Lamar probably threatened to fake an injury again and sit out the rest of the season, if they didn't bring in his buddy.

And I'll buy them as the best team in the AFC when Lamar does something in the playoffs. With the state of the AFC QB situation overall, maybe he squeaks out a win this season, then losing to one of the Dolphins, Bills or Chiefs. **** maybe toss in the Browns. That would be comedy gold.

LOL, sort of the polar opposite. Bishop couldn't establish a role here but went on to be a terrific CFL QB, if I recall correctly. :cool:

Last edited:
Chess

Grier must have really sucked ... I mean not even a sniff ... suck QB on a suck team.
Zappe is definitely not in the mix for the backup QB ... if we draft a QB we need a veteran backup.
So just speculating ... looking for a QB who can become the backup and push the starter????
Wonder if Bill is not thinking QB in the first and is looking at 2nd or 3rd so wants some competition in camp.

We can use competitors for the #3 QB position in 2024. How can it possibly hurt to sign him to the Practice Squad?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back