PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots Claim QB Nathan Rourke

Ian, we did then started playing the endless BB musical roster cheers.
They needed depth in other areas, which was likely the reason. He was a developmental player who obviously was more of a luxury and maybe not a priority. But after losing Grier, you can't not have a third quarterback on your roster.

But Rourke has to be kept on the active roster for this claim. So they value Rourke higher than Cunningham essentially. Grier too.
Yeah, same thing I just told @PatsFan2, you can't get away with not have a third quarterback at this stage of the year, especially when anything can happen. And it's not like there's somebody out there sitting in free agency that you can target at this point.

At least Rourke appears to have some upside and it's obvious the Jaguars wanted him back, which is a plus. He's a guy they tried to slip through and the timing of Grier getting sniped is the only reason why it didn't work out for them.

They needed depth in other areas, which was likely the reason. He was a developmental player who obviously was more of a luxury and maybe not a priority. But after losing Grier, you can't not have a third quarterback on your roster.
Well I wouldn't unpack my bags if I were him.

LOL there's three games left...I'd assume he'll finish out the year here. But you're right, beyond that, who knows. :rolleyes:

Nice bit from Justin Dunk of 3rd down nation, who seems to have a good bead on him:

Last edited:
I think he has to spend a minimum number of weeks on the 53 man roster due to being claimed so he may be safe through the end of the season, which carries him into 2024.

Arm looks meh here and windup looks a little slow to me but the kid can run.
Completed 34 out of 37 passes in one game. That seems good I think....

Winner of the 2022 "Most Outstanding Canadian Award".... Well, now you know

Winner of the 2022 "Most Outstanding Canadian Award".... Well, now you know
Not Bad Wayne Gretzky GIF by Autograph

But Rourke has to be kept on the active roster for this claim. So they value Rourke higher than Cunningham essentially. Grier too.
more like they have no choice... the third qb was taken, then the guy they brought back in was snagged...

worth a look

three-year starter at Ohio U (MAC),
won all three of his bowl games,
was a two-year captain,
known for his mental toughness,
threw for 60 TDs/20 INTs in college,
48 rushing TDs in 38 career college games,
no significant injuries,
no off field issues,
great accuracy in the CFL (so-so in college),
used to crappy weather (native Canadian)

No confirmed 40 time that I could find.

Grier must have really sucked ... I mean not even a sniff ... suck QB on a suck team.
Zappe is definitely not in the mix for the backup QB ... if we draft a QB we need a veteran backup.
So just speculating ... looking for a QB who can become the backup and push the starter????

I remember seeing that play in preseason and going he’s better than any QB on our roster.

Well maybe we get to see him take a snap this year but I doubt it.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back