PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots claim Leonard Hankerson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Career-wise JE has always had solid hands.

I suspect the mangled finger had a bit to do with a few of his drops.

That data is going back to the 2014 season.

So did he catch it 38 times?

Nah. A ball can be thrown at a receiver but not caught (or dropped).

He has 26 catches this year so there were 12 balls that flew in his direction that he couldn't haul in that weren't dropped.

What data? I was looking at the drops for 2015.

You replied to the post that listed JE as #10 in drops. That was from 2014 through 2015. My bad if you were looking at something else.

According to Pro Football Focus, Brandon LaFell has dropped 24.2 percent of catchable passes, 82nd among 83 qualifiers

Yeah.. That first game with the 6 drops killed any hopes of him having a good %. Hey, he was 5/6 on catchable balls in the last game.. That's pretty good.

You replied to the post that listed JE as #10 in drops. That was from 2014 through 2015. My bad if you were looking at something else.

I did read that but it confused me.

Let me see if I can try an explain where I was coming from..

His drop % this year is 9.1. That sucks.
2014 was 6.0.
2013 was 5.something.

Nah. A ball can be thrown at a receiver but not caught (or dropped).

He has 26 catches this year so there were 12 balls that flew in his direction that he couldn't haul in that weren't dropped.

Damn

I did read that but it confused me.

Let me see if I can try an explain where I was coming from..

His drop % this year is 9.1. That sucks.
2014 was 6.0.
2013 was 5.something.

This is the part of the article I found surprising: "Since becoming an integral part of New England’s offense in 2013, Edelman has the most dropped passes in the NFL (31), and it’s not particularly close."

I don't care about that because to me what makes JE great is that he's clutch. I like Lafell and believe he will contribute when it counts. If I'm wrong I'll do something drastic like ban myself from the game day threads.

Hes making some sharp cuts on those feet... very promising to see that! He'll definitely be ready by our first playoff game with a bye week, hopefully before that though..

Most important thing is that he is healthy for divisional round

download

"Hankerson Hankerson HANKERSON!"

;)
"You think you're better than us!"

This is the part of the article I found surprising: "Since becoming an integral part of New England’s offense in 2013, Edelman has the most dropped passes in the NFL (31), and it’s not particularly close."

I don't care about that because to me what makes JE great is that he's clutch. I like Lafell and believe he will contribute when it counts. If I'm wrong I'll do something drastic like ban myself from the game day threads.

Ah...I see what the deal is.

From 2013 to 2015 this site has him with 24.

Dropped Passes: 2015 NFL Season

I refuse to pay for PFF

As other posters have said that I tend to agree with Jules do not have elite hands but based on the # of targets (373 over the last 3 years) and Brady throwing sometimes almost uncatchable balls that Jules somehow gets a hand on, 24 drops is reasonable.

JE is solid and in no way in hell worthy of the top 10 worst hands list.

I've been a fan of Hankerson for a couple years, I thought he was gonna break out when he was with Washington but he didn't. He definitely has potential.

I find it interesting that the Pats are going after so many WRs lately. Seems like an interesting time to do so just a few weeks before the playoffs, plus with Edelman coming back and Martin developing, I don't see a glaring need...

I think it's in small part a hedge against Edelman's recovery, but more importantly I think the Pats might just be running out of patience with LaFell. This is about as late as you can sign a guy and reasonably hope for him to be fully integrated by the time the playoffs roll around, and the Pats need someone in case LaFell doesn't get his head on straight and his hands working.

I think it's in small part a hedge against Edelman's recovery, but more importantly I think the Pats might just be running out of patience with LaFell. This is about as late as you can sign a guy and reasonably hope for him to be fully integrated by the time the playoffs roll around, and the Pats need someone in case LaFell doesn't get his head on straight and his hands working.
Could be. Seems sort of odd to sign a guy with drop issues to replace a guy having drop issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST