PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots can't draft out of the first round

Status
Not open for further replies.
nfl_lions_300.jpg

There is always room on their bandwagon if you think this team drafts so horribly. Please feel free to hop aboard.

nfl_lions_300.jpg

There is always room on their bandwagon if you think this team drafts so horribly. Please feel free to hop aboard.

Look at what they do with all their low 1st round talent every year :rolleyes:

Time to face the facts, since 2006, the Pats can't draft after the first round . No wonder they trade their drafts picks so much for veteran players. In the end, the only reason why the Pats poor drafting has gone unnoticed to fans and the media is because their already the best team in the NFL. Seriously, it's absolutely frustrating to see such a good team waste pick after pick.

In 2006, they traded up for Chad Jackson in the 2nd round. He got cut. Then they drafted another f****** TE in David Thomas in the 3rd round who just got traded for a 7th round draft pick. Just when you think they wouldn't take another TE, they do. In the 4th round they took FB/TE Garrett Mills. He was cut his second year with the team.

In 2007 they traded for Moss and Welker.

In 2008, they took Wheatley in the second round. He has flat out sucked so far. In the third round they take Crable and Kevin O'Connell. O'Connel is gone and Crable is on IR (again). Wilhite was taken in the 4th and has been decent at best.

2009 is yet to be determined. However, another 3rd round pick (McKenzie) is out for season.

From 2006, the Pats best player after the first round has been a f****** kicker.

Now go ahead and rip me.

Thank god the preseason is over and we're almost to game day.

This is a April-June type of Post and I just can't take that in September.

I;m sure there are two great arguments that can be made on this topic but the fact is, if you disrespect the OP like so many people have, then you are not really that reasonable. Not saying you have to agree with him, but you need to acknowledge the other side - in this case that the recent drafts have had problems.

For me, I think the underpinning fact is that you build great teams in this league by drafting offensive and defensive lineman. As for the skill players, let the busts weed out and pick them up in FA and trades, hopefully before their full potential costs you in trade or contract value.

Look at this team's line on both sides of the ball. ALL DRAFTED.

Respect is earned, even in cyberspace, and he's earned none.

You build great teams in this league by building great organizations. I've got 4 trips to the last 8 superbowls and 3 Lombardi's that validate that my contention. Success is what the rational segment of this fan base respects, however achieved.

I really think those that have the opinion of the OP should be banished for a year or two to follow a team like teh Lions, Raiders or Saints to see how wonderful their front office is. These teams have had big great picks over and over again and yet are terrible. Maybe after seeing what OTHER teams do MAYBE they would return with a better appreciation of what this front office has done/is doing....MAYBE...or maybe they would rather rant and rave without much knowledge like they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back