PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots announce their 2023 captains

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting that three of the captains were reportedly three of the most vocal opponents of the Patricia offense (Mac, Henry, Andrews).

Also surprised not to see Judon in there.

Rob, IMO, it's a reach to call David Andrews a "vocal opponent" of Patricia. Heck, Henry, too. They handled themselves well last season while still (very likely) disagreeing with the offensive philosophy behind closed doors. I didn't see any dissent from Andrews/Henry. Jones was the only one you saw outbursts from, and that came exclusively on the field; in publicly facing media sessions Mac was diplomatic.

I mean, who else could have been voted an offensive captain? Maybe Rham? Maybe Parker? Anyone else? I wouldn't assume this season's captains have anything to do with last season.

The 2022 Patricia/Judge rehash stuff is getting tired; it's been discussed ad nauseam over the past 3-4+ months. Real football has started. I'm looking forward at this point.

Just my two cents.

Rob, IMO, it's a reach to call David Andrews a "vocal opponent" of Patricia. Heck, Henry, too. They handled themselves well last season while still (very likely) disagreeing with the offensive philosophy behind closed doors. I didn't see any dissent from Andrews/Henry. Jones was the only one you saw outbursts from, and that came exclusively on the field; in publicly facing media sessions Mac was diplomatic.

I mean, who else could have been voted an offensive captain? Maybe Rham? Maybe Parker? Anyone else? I wouldn't assume this season's captains have anything to do with last season.

The 2022 Patricia/Judge rehash stuff is getting tired; it's been discussed ad nauseam over the past 3-4+ months. Real football has started. I'm looking forward at this point.

Just my two cents.

Behind the scenes, both Andrews and Henry were reportedly very vocal opponents of the Patricia offense. They weren't vocal publicly, but it is generally understood that they were very vocal in the locker room and meeting rooms. Mike Giardi pointed it out too:

The Captains, for those who don't want to watch annoying social media feeds
Mac Jones
Matthew Slater
David Andrews
Deatrich Wise Jr
Ja'Whaun Bentley
Hunter Henry

Surprising no Judon, but considering the sabre rattling over the contract this year, maybe not so surprising

Here's to hoping Captain Andrews breaks his foot off in TB77's ass to get him going and playing at the high level we know he's capable of playing at...

°

Slater, Andrews, Bentley, Wise, Mac Jones, and Henry....

I like it. Slater especially.....love that guy!

I had the number of captains correct but only Half of the names.

No Judon?

No Lawrence Guy aka the NEP nominee for the MOY award??

And no Jonathan Jones aka the Third-most senior member of the whole dam team???

Giving captaincies to Dee Wise, Double-H and Especially the thoroughly un-deserving Mac Jones is a ****ing Joke.

I had the number of captains correct but only Half of the names.

No Judon?

No Lawrence Guy aka the NEP nominee for the MOY award??

And no Jonathan Jones aka the Third-most senior member of the whole dam team???

Giving captaincies to Dee Wise, Double-H and Especially the thoroughly un-deserving Mac Jones is a ****ing Joke.
Just like last season, very odd choices. Normally captains are your best/most respected players or senior guys.

Just like last season, very odd choices. Normally captains are your best/most respected players or senior guys.
How do you know that they aren't the most respected?

Behind the scenes, both Andrews and Henry were reportedly very vocal opponents of the Patricia offense. They weren't vocal publicly, but it is generally understood that they were very vocal in the locker room and meeting rooms. Mike Giardi pointed it out too:

I also believe everything the media tells me if it supports the narrative that Mac was blameless for the offensive problems last year.

I also believe everything the media tells me if it supports the narrative that Mac was blameless for the offensive problems last year.

LOL! It is obvious that Henry and Andrews hated the Patricia offense. All the players did. How can they not? That fact and whether or not Henry and Andrews were vocal about their disdain for the offense doesn’t make Mac totally blameless. I have always said Mac has a share of the blame, but far less than Patricia.

I was pointing this out because it shows that Belichick isn’t holding a grudge for their vocal disdain of the offense. After a whole off-season of people microanalyzing every comment Belichick has said about Mac and reports Hoyer was cut because of his voicing his disdain for the offense, it is good to see that Henry, Mac, and Andrews weren’t denied captainships because of their voicing they hated the offense.

We will start to see Sunday whether you Mac haters are right that Mac was the biggest reason for the offense last year and Patricia was scapegoated.

I'm impressed that Bentley has moved to being a team leader, and an important part of the defense.

If one of the DB's was considered a team leader, he would have been included, making it 3,3 and 1 STer.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back