Patriots Add Another Belichick, Finalize Coaching Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots Add Another Belichick, Finalize Coaching Staff
By: Steve Balestrieri

the Patriots have finally removed the ?Defensive Coordinator in-waiting? tag from Matt Patricia and named him the Defensive Coordinator. Belichick has been grooming Patricia for quite some time and he has held various positions at the defense....

Finally, Steve Belichick begins his coaching career under his father, although at this point, it's unclear if the younger Belichick will have a responsibility specifically on offense or defense. The team has not announced it, but reports have linked former NFL quarterback Chris Simms to the Patriots, also in a coaching assistant role.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/

"Get me some coffee, Steven."

Last edited:
Succession strategy. BB can coach for 12 more years, retire at 72, and Steven can take over.

Very interesting.

I think having his son as a coaching assistant will prolong BB's career until he can't possibly coach any longer.

He's going to want to teach his son as much as he possibly can and set him up for a good future in the NFL.

Last edited:
Jonathan Kraft should sign Tom Brady's kid to a long-term deal - back-loaded, of course - so we can just recycle all our posts that include the names Belichick, Brady and Kraft.

Hightower on Pepper

In a coaching staff shake-up, Johnson moved from defensive line to linebackers this year. One of the trickle-down effects of that change is that Johnson will tutor Hightower, the 25th overall selection in the draft.

"I've heard a lot about him, read a lot about him, and there were times when I was at Alabama and Coach Saban would bring his name up, and that's how I kind of got a bead on him," Hightower told reporters. "Being able to be coached under a guy like that is definitely going to help me out with my game and I'm just real eager to picking his brain."

As for how Saban brought up Johnson to his players at Alabama, Hightower said it was because of the way he played and approached the game.

"Just 'The Man.' A beast. Somebody you definitely want to idolize, and somebody that you want as a role model at this point, so I'm definitely eager to learn under him," relayed Hightower, who was born in 1990, eight years before Johnson's playing career ended. "He's definitely a guy that's had a lot of history in the NFL, and a great career. He's been doing a great job since he's been here. Like I said, I've already learned a lot of things from him, and I plan on continuing learning more from him."

This is completely improper for BB to Hire his own son!

When all of our teams already have copies of the Patriots organization depth chart,

Untitled-1.jpg

...and we have no idea how Steve fits into your Empire !

IS sbell.jpg = bobafett.jpg OR 232980-jar_jar_binks_large.jpg

?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft