PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots 2013 Training Camp: Day 6, Thursday August 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next time just save your energy because that wasn't funny and was completely pointless.

The fact is you and Demo think my views is wrong because you want to believe without any doubt that what Tebow or others are forcing on these children is 100% accurate and true.
I believe in god as I said, I believe in him because it gives me comfort, and gives me support, I came to that conclusion on my own free will, and not at a time when I was vulnerable. But I know that it's not proven and I know that it's potentially not real, so I'm not going to force it on somebody who doesn't have the capacity to understand the situation and determine what they want on their own.

Bull****. I'm a freaking Agnositic Deist and I don't subscribe to either Tim Tebow's beliefs or those of my parents. I came to my beliefs based on my own free will and I'm quite happy and content with them.

Are there any other really stupid presumptions that you want to make ?

And a simple FYI to all... this is the bias most fans of Tebow believe a good segment of his critics come to the table with.... that is all

And with all due respect Demo of all the people who do gods work why **** are you so hung up on this guy? Tebow is the Kim Kardashian of religion, he is a fame whore.

You are just insistent on doubling down on stupid tonight aren't you ?

Yes, your entire view on this is seriously ****ed up. Children, by definition, lack the capacity to make most decisions by themselves. It's up to parents to decide which beliefs they will expose their children to.

When the child reaches an age where they can rationally choose for themselves, THEN they can decide whether to continue to belief, or go off in a different direction.

As to Tebow's actions, he is a person of faith and those who seek him out through his W15H are people of faith as well. He is ******* forcing anything on anybody, nor is he pouring koolaid down anyone's throat.

And yes, as far as I'm concerned, and I believe most people would agree, YOUR postion on this is most assuredly completely ****ed up.

I don't know what your beliefs are and I don't care. I don't know if you have kids, and again, I don't care. But i'd fully expect you to guide your kid's beliefs while they were young, and if your kid happened to be dying, and YOU decided to bring someone in who shared the same beliefs and might provide them with some solace, I damned sure wouldn't question it, or criticize you or the other person involved.

So yet again, in case I wasn't absolutely clear, your position is absolutely 100% ****ed up on this one.

I will direct my children to believe in things that are tangible to them or others.

I'm not sure if you've seen this article that they're looking to label religion as a mental illness, that sort of contradicts your belief that most people would view my beliefs as ****ed up.

http://www.policymic.com/mobile/art...-is-a-mental-illness-that-could-soon-be-cured

Forcing is just not an appropriate word in this circumstance. I'm agnostic and live with the discomfort of not knowing what will happen to me when I die. I wish I weren't that way, it would be a lot easier to have faith. But to twist Tebow helping dying children and making them feel comfort in their final hours as something malicious and/or wrong is just.... well... f'd up.

It wouldn't be f'd up at all if he wasn't using potentially inaccurate information to do it. Because he is than its wrong, and no different than tell the kid they're going to get all better soon.

I will direct my children to believe in things that are tangible to them or others.

I'm not sure if you've seen this article that they're looking to label religion as a mental illness, that sort of contradicts your belief that most people would view my beliefs as ****ed up.

Religious Fundamentalism Is a "Mental Illness" That Could Soon Be "Cured"

Dude, I don't give a **** what you will direct your children to believe or what your thoughts on religion are.

One thing I will say is that it's rather ignorant to believe that your 6 year old kid will have the capacity to make any kind of informed decision.

And no, that you found some article that wants to label religion as a mental illness in no way contradicts my belief that most people would think that YOUR view of this situation is ****ED UP.

Dude, I don't give a **** what you will direct your children to believe or what your thoughts on religion are.

One thing I will say is that it's rather ignorant to believe that your 6 year old kid will have the capacity to make any kind of informed decision.

And no, that you found some article that wants to label religion as a mental illness in no way contradicts my belief that most people would think that YOUR view of this situation is ****ED UP.

If one person runs around claiming something that isn't viewable to the eye or healable they'd be put in a mental institute but because a group of people do it that makes it a religion.

You're irrational, and the fact that you've become so upset about what I'm saying only leads to prove that my information is supported by tangible and provable evidence and yours is built on nothing other than hope. Well hope is not a strategy and if you're going to fill you child with hope and hope that is potentially false than you're going to fail them and leave them weak and desperate looking for any last minute thing to hold on to.

Is that supposed to prove something ??? Oh no, Joe Theismann. Shudder... Have you ever actually listened to Theismann ? He's not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Demo; show me one article about one of those kids that Tebow promised heaven and god to who are talking about how Tebow was so right and they're so glad they listened to him?

If one person runs around claiming something that isn't viewable to the eye or healable they'd be put in a mental institute but because a group of people do it that makes it a religion.

You're irrational, and the fact that you've become so upset about what I'm saying only leads to prove that my information is supported by tangible and provable evidence and yours is built on nothing other than hope. Well hope is not a strategy and if you're going to fill you child with hope and hope that is potentially false than you're going to fail them and leave them weak and desperate looking for any last minute thing to hold on to.

Dude, I'm trying to be nice, but you are seriously ****ed up in the head on this one and the more you speak, the more you look like an idiot.

And a simple FYI to all... this is the bias most fans of Tebow believe a good segment of his critics come to the table with.... that is all

I like Tebow, one of my favorite college football players ever, fun to watch, seems like a nice guy, doesn't change the fact his is fame whore and he does potentially mislead dying children.

this thread has jumped the shark....way off the beaten track...

ShowImage.ashx

Dude, I'm trying to be nice, but you are seriously ****ed up in the head on this one and the more you speak, the more you look like an idiot.

These are facts, offer something that contradicts them or move along because your spewing of your unproven and baseless facts do nothing but prove you're bordering on delusional and acting out in anger the same exact way a schizophrenic does when some doesn't see their hallucinations

I like Tebow, one of my favorite college football players ever, fun to watch, seems like a nice guy, doesn't change the fact his is fame whore and he does potentially mislead dying children.

Don't forget he donated a large portion of his singing bonus to sick kids and also is helping build a hospital in the phillipines with money from the charity he founded .
Which is a tangible way of helping sick children...an actual hospital , not just promises or sky wizard stories .

Anyway like joker said , this thread is beating a dead horse

These are facts, offer something that contradicts them or move along because your spewing of your unproven and baseless facts do nothing but prove you're bordering on delusional and acting out in anger the same exact way a schizophrenic does when some doesn't see their hallucinations

I don't need to offer anything else as I've demonstrated just how ****ed up your view is.

It's real simple:

Report: "Tebow share's his faith with young kid who is dying, bringing them comfort"

Brady6: "What an awful, terrible, despicable thing to do"

Aside from saying that you are ****ed up, there's nothing else really that needs to be said.

That looks like a hospital room Demo, I said I need something to support what Tebow is telling these children really happens.

Drag your head out of your ass and maybe you can see things more clearly.

Don't forget he donated a large portion of his singing bonus to sick kids and also is helping build a hospital in the phillipines with money from the charity he founded

I think those things are wonderful and I commend him for doing them. It doesn't change or excuse that what he is saying could be misleading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST