PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots 2013 Training Camp: Day 6, Thursday August 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every single thread Andy gets in... it becomes unbearable. You guys just have to expect that by now

Yes, other players are ripped. Dowling comes to mind. Lloyd is another.
Not sure where you get that I am ripping Tebow.
Not sure where you get that people not liking him causes them to be blind about his skills.
Overall, not a good effort.

Oh I must have missed all those threads with fifty posts making fun of Dowling and Lloyd. The only criticism of Dowling has been his inability to stay on the field and Lloyds' criticism has only been that he immediately crumples when he catches the ball in traffic. I haven't heard the snarky Biblical references and general uncalled for animosity aimed toward ANYbody else and you know it. So you can ignore the elephant in the room all you want but dont claim it aint there.

KontradictioN, can you point to where you or any in the same group have been lumped in with the haters ?

It wouldn't make sense for anyone to call me a hater given my favorite college team. As for others, look no further than the accusations of bigotry in this and other threads when there wasn't any bigotry even remotely taking place.

Oh I must have missed all those threads with fifty posts making fun of Dowling and Lloyd. The only criticism of Dowling has been his inability to stay on the field and Lloyds' criticism has only been that he immediately crumples when he catches the ball in traffic. I haven't heard the snarky Biblical references and general uncalled for animosity aimed toward ANYbody else and you know it. So you can ignore the elephant in the room all you want but dont claim it aint there.
They're there. Believe me, they're there.

Then there are those of us in the middle that acknowledge that the kid has both strengths and weaknesses to his game and that his game actually falls somewhere along those lines. Personally, I don't think he's a very good quarterback. I see weaknesses with mechanics when in the pocket, I see weaknesses in his progressions, and I see weaknesses in his accuracy everywhere besides the deep ball and when he's on the run (where I acknowledge that his mechanics when on a roll out are actually very pretty).

This is pretty much where I am.

I don't think its really debatable, some people dislike Tebow because of off the field stuff. While some people just acknowledge he isn't very good and leave it at football. Just because one is the latter doesn't mean the former isn't out there.

It wouldn't make sense for anyone to call me a hater given my favorite college team. As for others, look no further than the accusations of bigotry in this and other threads when there wasn't any bigotry even remotely taking place.

It also wouldn't make sense to call you a hater because you haven't engaged in "hating" that I am aware of.

I still have yet to see any example of a person being attacked or called out for criticizing Tebow. I've asked repeatedly for anyone to provide examples and it has yet to be done.

As for criticism, here's a first hand camp report on Tebow from Joker:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...-four-monday-july-29-a-page2.html#post3498758

Saw a lot...really, really got good looks at a lot of different players. Let's just say, for you Tebowers, that the jury is still out but it doesn't look good. His reads are molasses like and he has a real problem on throws to his right. It's accuracy. He does not have consistent accuracy and in this offense a QB needs THAT more than anything else. He's got a lot of work ,and I mean a real lot of work, to do for him to stick. Tunes is much harsher in his assessment as I'm sure you'll read.

That's far from being a glowing report blowing sunshine up anyone's butt. In fact, it's pretty critical.

Guess what ? No one attacked him for it in any way.

Here's another from the same thread by 50-yard-line:

Tebow...what can I say? Watching him deliver the ball...his mechanics are all over the place. Next to Brady and Mallet, it's like the difference between an infielder and an outfielder. A guy like Iglesias gets the ball out so fast, you blink and think you've missed something. And it goes like hell. Outfielders usually have this huge running windup before they unload - yeah, that's Tebow.

He made some really great throws. He's very good with a guy coming back over the middle at 15+, particularly running right to left. His sideline and fades, not so much. And he gets into these places where it looks like he just blanks and starts running around. His decision-making simply isn't there yet; he seems to get caught between "throw it!" and "tuck it and run!" and all the time, the clock keeps ticking.

Again, hardly a flattering report, but yet no criticism or attacks on the poster.

Tune's writeup:

* Tebow just can't muster consistency with his mechanics. They're perfect when he's playing catch before practice, become erratic while throwing in drills and then go AWOL against a defense. I think at this point what we're seeing with this guy is what you're going to get, which is non-NFL caliber QB play. Held his own at punt protector, though.

Yet again, a critical review, but no attacks calling him a hater . I did comment in another thread that I disagreed with Tune wrt this being Tebow's ceiling.

Then there are those who will not be named, who instead of offering criticism, throw out a bunch of outlandish BS.

Here's a point to chew on. If it were only us Tebow supporters pointing this kind of stuff out, then others could say that we are showing our own biases or what have you.

BUT< the fact of the matter is that there are long time Pats supporters, guys who appear to not care one way or the other about Tebow who have come out and been just as critical of those posters and have called them out on it as well.

That's rather telling in my opinion.

We have quite a few players in our depth chart that people dont think are great football players, are they insulted fifty different times a thread regardless of whether the thread was about them? If you dont think it's a personal bias against the kid then you are the most gullible human who ever lived or the most disingenuous. And I say this to anybody that calls themselves a Patriots fan and is actively mocking and rooting against one of our own(a guy that spends more time with cancer kids than most of you spend with your own kids) then you really need to re-evaluate yourselves as members of the human race.

See: Kyle Arrington. Try to bring up his name without a bunch of posters ripping on him for being limited in the roles that he can play.

Then there are thoseJoker who will not be namedJoker, who instead of offering criticismJoker, throw out a bunch of outlandish BS.Joker

I'll have you know MY BS is far from outlandish...it is quite ordinary...banal even....:brick:

Then there are thoseJoker who will not be namedJoker, who instead of offering criticismJoker, throw out a bunch of outlandish BS.Joker

I'll have you know MY BS is far from outlandish...it is quite ordinary...banal even....:brick:

I've yet to see anything from you that would qualify as ordinary or banal. :)

(a guy that spends more time with cancer kids than most of you spend with your own kids) then you really need to re-evaluate yourselves as members of the human race.

Spending time with dying kids promising them something that he has no verification exists. I believe in god personally but I do not believe in it being forced on to kids who weren't able to come to their own conclusion, and take any bit of hope at their weakest moments. It actually makes me sick to think of people preying on the weakness of sick children who are desperate for anything positive, and fear what is going to happen to them. In comes Tebow to tell them about a god he's never met and a heaven he's never seen, so he can smile for the camera on the way out the door and put his beliefs into the publics eyes.

For the record what he does in his free time doesn't really matter this is a football forum.

Re: Re: Patriots 2013 Training Camp: Day 6, Thursday August 1

Spending time with dying kids promising them something that he has no verification exists. I believe in god personally but I do not believe in it being forced on to kids who weren't able to come to their own conclusion, and take any bit of hope at their weakest moments. It actually makes me sick to think of people preying on the weakness of sick children to who are desperate for anything positive and fear what is going to happen to them. In comes Tebow to tell them about a god he's never met and a heaven he's never seen.

For the record not that what he does in his free time really matters because this is a football forum.

Wow, really? Criticizing him for this? That's ****ed up, no matter your beliefs.

Spending time with dying kids promising them something that he has no verification exists. I believe in god personally but I do not believe in it being forced on to kids who weren't able to come to their own conclusion, and take any bit of hope at their weakest moments. It actually makes me sick to think of people preying on the weakness of sick children who are desperate for anything positive, and fear what is going to happen to them. In comes Tebow to tell them about a god he's never met and a heaven he's never seen, so he can smile for the camera on the way out the door and put his beliefs into the publics eyes.

For the record not that what he does in his free time really matters because this is a football forum.

Oh my good God!!

Meant both figuratively and literally.

Wow, really? Criticizing him for this? That's ****ed up, no matter your beliefs.

I criticize anyone who forces something they cannot confirm on to a child at their weakest moment. It's disgusting, and actually until I read that post I didn't think Tebow did that, I thought he donated money to medical causes only, I didn't know he was pouring Kool Aide down the throats of barely breathing children.

Re: Re: Patriots 2013 Training Camp: Day 6, Thursday August 1

I criticize anyone who forces something they cannot confirm on to a child at their weakest moment. It's disgusting, and actually until I read that post I didn't think Tebow did that, I thought he donated money to medical causes only, I didn't know he was pouring Kool Aide down the throats of barely breathing children.

I
Like I said, your view is ****ed up

I
Like I said, your view is ****ed up

So you're ok with potentially misleading a sick dying child but I'm the one with a ****ed up view?

You want to do right by a child you pray for him on you're own to the god that you've chosen to believe in during a time of clarity, you make that child feel loved and comfortable with the people (family and friend) who are with him now and not by leading him to believe he is loved by someone that you've never seen or spoken to.

What.gif

Next time just save your energy because that wasn't funny and was completely pointless.

The fact is you and Demo think my views is wrong because you want to believe without any doubt that what Tebow or others are forcing on these children is 100% accurate and true.

I believe in god as I said, I believe in him because it gives me comfort, and gives me support, I came to that conclusion on my own free will, and not at a time when I was vulnerable. But I know that it's not proven and I know that it's potentially not real, so I'm not going to force it on somebody who doesn't have the capacity to understand the situation and determine what they want on their own.

So you're ok with potentially misleading a sick dying child but I'm the one with a ****ed up view?

You want to do right by a child you pray for him on you're own to the god that you've chosen to believe in during a time of clarity, you make that child feel loved and comfortable with the people (family and friend) who are with him now and not by leading him to believe he is loved by someone that you've never seen or spoken to.

Yes, your entire view on this is seriously ****ed up. Children, by definition, lack the capacity to make most decisions by themselves. It's up to parents to decide which beliefs they will expose their children to.

When the child reaches an age where they can rationally choose for themselves, THEN they can decide whether to continue to belief, or go off in a different direction.

As to Tebow's actions, he is a person of faith and those who seek him out through his W15H are people of faith as well. He is ******* forcing anything on anybody, nor is he pouring koolaid down anyone's throat.

And yes, as far as I'm concerned, and I believe most people would agree, YOUR postion on this is most assuredly completely ****ed up.

I don't know what your beliefs are and I don't care. I don't know if you have kids, and again, I don't care. But i'd fully expect you to guide your kid's beliefs while they were young, and if your kid happened to be dying, and YOU decided to bring someone in who shared the same beliefs and might provide them with some solace, I damned sure wouldn't question it, or criticize you or the other person involved.

So yet again, in case I wasn't absolutely clear, your position is absolutely 100% ****ed up on this one.

And with all due respect Demo of all the people who do gods work why **** are you so hung up on this guy? Tebow is the Kim Kardashian of religion, he is a fame whore.

Next time just save your energy because that wasn't funny and was completely pointless.

The fact is you and Demo think my views is wrong because you want to believe without any doubt that what Tebow or others are forcing on these children is 100% accurate and true.

I believe in god as I said, I believe in him because it gives me comfort, and gives me support, I came to that conclusion on my own free will, and not at a time when I was vulnerable. But I know that it's not proven and I know that it's potentially not real, so I'm not going to force it on somebody who doesn't have the capacity to understand the situation and determine what they want on their own.

Forcing is just not an appropriate word in this circumstance. I'm agnostic and live with the discomfort of not knowing what will happen to me when I die. I wish I weren't that way, it would be a lot easier to have faith. But to twist Tebow helping dying children and making them feel comfort in their final hours as something malicious and/or wrong is just.... well... f'd up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST