PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriot Way Coming to the Detroit Lions Under the Direction of Norwood's Bob Quinn

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were a Lions fan and read that article, I'd be very happy. I know the more I read, the LESS happy I was to lose the guy. I loved the line where they say, " the reward for showing you could do a job well.....was more work." That is so Patriot Way.

BTW- I think him keeping the current HC is a wise move. Jim Caldwell must have a done a great job for the lions to finish that strongly after such a horrible start. Obviously he kept the team together under deep adversity and they played for him. Dumping him just because he "isn't your guy", would seem petty to the locker room and a lot of the players. Keeping will go a long way to making his transition a smooth one.

On a selfish note, it will give him an extra year's honeymoon, because if things don't go well his first year, Caldwell is the perfect scapegoat.

On a side note, you can be pretty sure he isn't going to allow a 24MM cap number for a WR. That is DEFINITELY not the Patriot way. So Calvin is either going to retire, take a HUGE cap cut, or find himself out in the open market. So be prepared Pats fans, the threads calling for his signing will start early and occur often. ;)

BTW- Thanks for finding that article State. Interesting that I learned more about my own team from a writer covering the Lions than I do from most of the idiots covering the team locally. LOTS of Pats insight from that article. Good find.

BTW- Thanks for finding that article State. Interesting that I learned more about my own team from a writer covering the Lions than I do from most of the idiots covering the team locally. LOTS of Pats insight from that article. Good find.
Seriously

Lets face it. The quality of insightful sportswriting in this town is subpar. Everyone wants to be spoon fed and when they aren't it's 1/2 assed contrarianism and something I'd find in the USA Today

BTW- I think him keeping the current HC is a wise move. Jim Caldwell must have a done a great job for the lions to finish that strongly after such a horrible start. Obviously he kept the team together under deep adversity and they played for him. Dumping him just because he "isn't your guy", would seem petty to the locker room and a lot of the players. Keeping will go a long way to making his transition a smooth one.
IMHO that means the ceiling is a one-and-done in the playoffs year, and a floor of a total meltdown due to his lack of discipline and poor game management.

On a selfish note, it will give him an extra year's honeymoon, because if things don't go well his first year, Caldwell is the perfect scapegoat.
That's why I think he did it. Mrs. Ford likes Caldwell he's best off keeping him in place while he sorts out the personnel side. Things could be totally different one year from now based on Caldwell's performance and/or Mrs. Ford's opinions and/or health.

On a side note, you can be pretty sure he isn't going to allow a 24MM cap number for a WR. That is DEFINITELY not the Patriot way. So Calvin is either going to retire, take a HUGE cap cut, or find himself out in the open market. So be prepared Pats fans, the threads calling for his signing will start early and occur often
Yet we can be sure we won't be signing him for much more than LaFell money, so it ain't gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes