PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriot Way Coming to the Detroit Lions Under the Direction of Norwood's Bob Quinn

Status
Not open for further replies.

manxman2601

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Bob Quinn New GM for Lions

Our Director of pro scouting.

Good luck Bob. I wonder if that's where Josh McDaniels ends up.

I'm just whining here, but I truly believe if you hire away another team's personnel for a position of great importance in your organization (Head Coach/General Manager) then you should compensate that other team accordingly.

3rd, 4th, 5th somewhere in that range.

Anyway, best of luck to Mr Quinn and respect to Bill Belichick who by all accounts stood behind and supported this promotion outside of NE.

Lets hope Caserio is the man and Quinn rode his cotails.
I wish him and the Lions all the best.
Thinking he fires the HC

I think this is why JMD is not interviewing.

He already knows where he is going.

Tampa, Tenn or Detroit.

All 3 teams have a franchise QB.

I think this is why JMD is not interviewing.

He already knows where he is going.

Tampa, Tenn or Detroit.

All 3 teams have a franchise QB.

I can't believe josh wants anything to do with stafford. If he's going there, he's trading stafford similar to trading smokin jay at his last stop.

Sorry to see him go. Ever since he took over the Pro Scoting department in 2012, this team has done a great job in free agency and in season trades. Some of moves that were done under his tenure:

Traded for Talib
Signed Tommy Kelly
Acquired LeGarrette Blount via trade
Signed Brandon Browner and Darrelle Revis
Traded for Akeem Ayers
Traded for Jonathan Casillas
Signed Alan Branch in season
Signed Jabaal Sheard
Signed Dion Lewis
Traded Hooman for Akiem Hicks

I can't believe josh wants anything to do with stafford. If he's going there, he's trading stafford similar to trading smokin jay at his last stop.

jimmy G and Amendola for Ziggy Ansah and Calvin Johnson!

Sorry to see him go. Ever since he took over the Pro Scoting department in 2012, this team has done a great job in free agency and in season trades. Some of moves that were done under his tenure:

Traded for Talib
Signed Tommy Kelly
Acquired LeGarrette Blount via trade
Signed Brandon Browner and Darrelle Revis
Traded for Akeem Ayers
Traded for Jonathan Casillas
Signed Alan Branch in season
Signed Jabaal Sheard
Signed Dion Lewis
Traded Hooman for Akiem Hicks

Sheard and Lewis were Lombardi.

Revis and Talib?? Does a pro scout really get credit for those moves?

I'm just whining here, but I truly believe if you hire away another team's personnel for a position of great importance in your organization (Head Coach/General Manager) then you should compensate that other team accordingly.

I'm no lawyer but wouldn't that be like, a ****ing disaster when it comes to people in any job being able to find a new position somewhere else? If the company that wanted to hire you also had to chuck in some form of compensation to your current employer it would really make it hard to leave a job.

I'm no lawyer but wouldn't that be like, a ****ing disaster when it comes to people in any job being able to find a new position somewhere else? If the company that wanted to hire you also had to chuck in some form of compensation to your current employer it would really make it hard to leave a job.

The nhl just went through this and scraped the idea after a year because it was so convoluted. Teams were getting comp picks for staff members who were fired but still getting paid. Just a total mess, and typical Bettman.

Sheard and Lewis were Lombardi.

Revis and Talib?? Does a pro scout really get credit for those moves?

I guess Lombardi deserves most of the credit for Sheard and Lewis, but who knows how much Quinn had input on it too.

And Talib was no slam dunk. When the Pats got him, he was a headcase, underachiever who was constantly injured.

Jim Bob Cooter dumbed a lot down for him. He had a very good year. Hes entering his prime so who knows.

3rd, 4th, 5th somewhere in that range.

Anyway, best of luck to Mr Quinn and respect to Bill Belichick who by all accounts stood behind and supported this promotion outside of NE.

The league rightly allows upward mobility. Wish him well, there's a disease in that team somewhere.

Jim Bob Cooter dumbed a lot down for him. He had a very good year. Hes entering his prime so who knows.

It's true, and given the lack of qb talent entering the league lately, holding on to him may not be the biggest mistake.

I just can't imagine a coach going from Brady's discipline to staffords texas playground style. Mcdaniels would age worse than Gollum.

I guess Lombardi deserves most of the credit for Sheard and Lewis, but who knows how much Quinn had input on it too.

And Talib was no slam dunk. When the Pats got him, he was a headcase, underachiever who was constantly injured.

For him to work in a Belichick-run org and be promoted time and time again tells me the guy did a fantastic job, busted his ass and was thought of very highly.

Unlike Philly and other politically-dysfunctional train wrecks otherwise known as NFL franchises, there is no hiding here and accomplishment, achievement and teamwork are coveted, appreciated and rewarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back