PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patrick Chung hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatFanCraig

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Before Chungs hit today I was thinking how he reminded me of a safety that was drafted when I was like 14-15. He was listed at 6 ' but closer to 5'11 like many LBs. Lee Woodall was about 216 when he was drafted and he really lacked safety cover skills but could tackle and hit. SF sized him up to about230 lbs and his cover skills were great for a LB and he actually became a pro powler. Could Chung play at 230 or close and become a great Weak OLB. There are many great LBs around 230 in this passing league. Telvin S. Is like 219 and looking really good. Of course he would have to show different instincts and prove he can slip through and knife his way to the football carrier which takes great quickness and intensity beyond his 4.5 40. Just a thought, if anybody thinks he can bulk a little and play WLB. The pats were Interested in doing that with John Lynch but he was like 36.

Um, no.

At this point in his career, he is what he is.

We already have a (future) great OLB in Jamie Collins. The biggest hole is at Safety right now, so why would we move Chung from Safety to OLB?

You decided after 62 preseason snaps, mostly against scrubs, that Telvin Smith looks really good?

You decided after 62 preseason snaps, mostly against scrubs, that Telvin Smith looks really good?

You know how many snaps he played. Impressive, he probably doesn't know that himself. And so far yes.

Collins is a strong LB. Not only that I would like to see him rushing the passer more often. Especially if coaching plays some 3-4. Even then I wouldn't be surprised to see him play some DE. As for chung i mean a run/chase/cover/hit weak LB. Which is what they usually do. John Lynch said himself that the difference in an ideal weak LB and SS was barely 10/12 LBs. But he was 36-37 coming out of retirement to try it. I was thinking like you said Chung is what he is but if they were trying it with Lynch and Chung is only 26-27. If nobody wanted him as a SS I'm sure Chung would be up for it.

EDIT: ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft