PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Owners Meeting this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article VIII in the Constitution and Bylaws of the National Football League is titled, “Commissioner.” The first line reads: “The League shall select and employ a person of unquestioned integrity to serve as Commissioner…”

SHALL doesn't give them much wiggle room in my opinion

It seems to me they should be compelled to have an open vote so we can see which owners view Goodell actions as in keeping with their own constitution

You have no right to know. There are procedures within the league regs where teams can call for such votes. However, fans have no right to know that such a vote took place.

You have no right to know. There are procedures within the league regs where teams can call for such votes. However, fans have no right to know that such a vote took place.
In this age of twitter/instagram and immediacy...if there was such a vote, it would be leaked in a nanosecond......Owners like to talk...as do their underlings...

I hope Incognito sues as well, I think they (him and Jim Turner) have a stronger case than Brady as of today because they lost money and were painted in a bad way after the NFL so called investigation. Richie Incognito was out of football for more than a year and Jim Turner was fired and couldn't get a job so far.

If everything Jim Turner said on that radio interview is true and it seems a pretty honest interview without exaggeration, Wells is gonna have to explain why he left out of the report the mental health issues Jonathan Martin was manifesting at the time and why he left other important things out of the report. I'm not gonna read that report but it seems that Incognito was printed as a bully and Turner was covering that up, if not painted as a bully as well.

The NFL can't create stories and walk away thinking they can do what they want, it's real justice matter now, I hope it backfire and backfire strong in their faces.

I'm sure if anything interesting happens at the Owners' meeting, we'll hear about it. Otherwise, this post represents all the time, thought and energy I'm going to invest in thinking about the event.

Let me address two points. Lets all concede that the Bob Kraft that made his fortune and purchased the Pats was a brilliant businessman. However I do not think that Bob Kraft exists anymore because the real Bob Kraft in my opinion could not have been BS'd all these years by a POS like Goodell nor would have capitulated in such a pathetic manner. Secondly as I have stated before the relationship between the owners is two fold and are entirely distinct. The financial arrangements are a partnership in which all share and in which Kraft's ability regarding the CBA and TV contracts are appreciated. This however does not carry over to the on field games in which everybody is a competitor whos e primary function is to defeat other teams and are willing to do anything to achieve that. The most important thing in that area is to knock the top team off and Goodell is doing a good job in that regard. The fact that the other teams are his competitors apparently has escaped Kraft as he babbled on about being a good partner and protecting the Shield. This blind spot combined with his misguided subservience to Goodell has been an ongoing handicap to the Pats and their fans for the past eight years. We will see if the real Bob Kraft exists or the pathetic version is still there.

Sadly that might be the case.. its like that scene in the first iron man, where Tony starks partnet poisons him and says something about how he laid his last golden goose egg..

The owners got what they wanted from Kraft, so now it's "what have you done for me lately" and I'm sure many of them (not all) would be shoving each other to be the first to twist the dagger they stuck in his back

They don't want continued labor peace and media contracts? Cable TV companies are in trouble and companies are not going to keep paying for product they can't make a profit on.

Everyone has seen what a sharp negotiator Goodell really is. Who's going to carry the ball?

This thread wins the all time off-topic award. Owners meeting to how rich people get rich to bill gates to steve jobs to xerox. Ughhh. It will be interesting to see if anything at all comes out in the owners meeting. My guess is no.

I hope Incognito sues as well, I think they (him and Jim Turner) have a stronger case than Brady as of today because they lost money and were painted in a bad way after the NFL so called investigation. Richie Incognito was out of football for more than a year and Jim Turner was fired and couldn't get a job so far.

If everything Jim Turner said on that radio interview is true and it seems a pretty honest interview without exaggeration, Wells is gonna have to explain why he left out of the report the mental health issues Jonathan Martin was manifesting at the time and why he left other important things out of the report. I'm not gonna read that report but it seems that Incognito was printed as a bully and Turner was covering that up, if not painted as a bully as well.

The NFL can't create stories and walk away thinking they can do what they want, it's real justice matter now, I hope it backfire and backfire strong in their faces.

Brady has a much stronger case than Incognito, because Brady can prove that Goodell publicly lied.

This thread wins the all time off-topic award. Owners meeting to how rich people get rich to bill gates to steve jobs to xerox. Ughhh. It will be interesting to see if anything at all comes out in the owners meeting. My guess is no.

Yup. I just deleted a whole slew of off topic posts about Xerox, Caligula, Mitsubishi, Steve Jobs and Bill Gates, etc.

Folks, if you want to waste your time typing stuff no one will see..........

(raises hand)

;) Sorry, couldn't help myself

Yup. I just deleted a whole slew of off topic posts about Xerox, Caligula, Mitsubishi, Steve Jobs and Bill Gates, etc.

I had just stopped reading on my phone and logged in on my laptop in order to correct the slew of misconceptions about all the MS/Apple/IBM/Xerox/Windows/etc. dealings put forth in this thread. Thanks for doing this the meantime. Probably saved me a nights sleep...

Let me address two points. Lets all concede that the Bob Kraft that made his fortune and purchased the Pats was a brilliant businessman. However I do not think that Bob Kraft exists anymore because the real Bob Kraft in my opinion could not have been BS'd all these years by a POS like Goodell nor would have capitulated in such a pathetic manner. Secondly as I have stated before the relationship between the owners is two fold and are entirely distinct. The financial arrangements are a partnership in which all share and in which Kraft's ability regarding the CBA and TV contracts are appreciated. This however does not carry over to the on field games in which everybody is a competitor whos e primary function is to defeat other teams and are willing to do anything to achieve that. The most important thing in that area is to knock the top team off and Goodell is doing a good job in that regard. The fact that the other teams are his competitors apparently has escaped Kraft as he babbled on about being a good partner and protecting the Shield. This blind spot combined with his misguided subservience to Goodell has been an ongoing handicap to the Pats and their fans for the past eight years. We will see if the real Bob Kraft exists or the pathetic version is still there.

sadly pathetic version
according to gary myers:
Goodell and Kraft sat next to each other for 4 1/2 hours today in LA committee meeting in Chicago hotel. Yes, they spoke.

I WOULD CUT MY BOTH HANDS if i was a fan who applauded him in training camp. Bob being Bob. ****ed his own coach in Spygate, then whole team and fans in deflategate.

Last edited:
sadly pathetic version
according to gary myers:
Goodell and Kraft sat next to each other for 4 1/2 hours today in LA committee meeting in Chicago hotel. Yes, they spoke.

I WOULD CUT MY BOTH HANDS if i was a fan who applauded him in training camp. Bob being Bob. ****ed his own coach in Spygate, then whole team and fans in deflategate.

We don't know what was said between the two. For all we know Kraft could have told him to get ready for a fight. A long shot I know, but hopefully Kraft will show a little fight and demand an internal investigation.

You're killing my post count....and If I complain you'll just parrot, "Article 46...."

sadly pathetic version
according to gary myers:

I think it's a past where Bob Kraft can influence the outcome of Brady's legal battle one way or the other.

Sadly that might be the case.. its like that scene in the first iron man, where Tony starks partnet poisons him and says something about how he laid his last golden goose egg..

The owners got what they wanted from Kraft, so now it's "what have you done for me lately" and I'm sure many of them (not all) would be shoving each other to be the first to twist the dagger they stuck in his back

Et tu, Mara? Et tu?

Anything juicy on this yet?

Hard to believe we'll be getting anything credible as to what transpired at the meeting anytime soon. Any discussion of matters related to Footballs Obeying the Laws of Physics-Gate will be deemed top secret/ultra confidential by Commissioner Scheisskopf who will then proceed to shape the public narrative by lying out his ass and leaking whatever falsehoods suit his twisted purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back