PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Outstanding Fundamental Tackling

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Because of the offense's explosiveness and the secondary's tremendous game, an aspect of the pats game that can be overlooked is their solid tackling. Unlike that Kansas City game where it seemed like the first defender always missed the tackle, last night the defense was solid upon first contact. They did not allow the broken tackles or extra yards that led to first downs. Instead they made the tackle on point and created third and fourth downs. I think Jamie Collins specfically had a great night in this department.

I think this is the biggest thing browner and revis have brought to the team from outside. Both of them are excellent tacklers most of the time.

Even the offense is out-tackling/hitting the opponent defense. Every offensive play feels like a blitz. I'm sure the opponent is not expecting that.

Great point. There were a handful of 3rd downs last night that were stopped because of sure tackling where a sloppy (not even missed) tackle would have ended up a first down.

Most of the hits I saw were the result of proper form tackling and they were POWERFUL. Just goes to show you don't have to fly in like a kamikaze, leading with your head to make an impact!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back