PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Why haven't the Foo Fighters done a SB halftime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No love for the greatest songwriter of all time, Bob Dylan.

Zoso...

Seriously though, I'd actually watch a halftime show with Muse doing it. If they ever did the game in London like some here have mentioned, Muse would be perfect.

Last edited:
Led zeppelin only.

Why not Bon Jovi? Something tells me BB is always playing Bon Jovi during practice because he knows he'll be doing a superbowl halftime in the future :)

When you think about it, they fit all of the criteria that would make a good halftime show. First, they have mainstream appeal/widespread audience and are easily recognizable. More importantly, no matter what you think about them, they're better than half of the crap out today and would put on a kick ***** show while not being too heavy.

Maybe they've been asked and declined.

Soooooooooo, I'm bettin' you like them Foo Fighters.

Train or Maroon 5 would be cool.....maybe even Kid Rock,I love his later stuff

I think "Lonely Road of Faith" is a good soundtrack for Tom Brady from the end of TGTSNTB to finally making it back!
Four years of working hard to recover from the knee injury…getting back his consistency…and now a new offensive attack to get back on top of the mountain!

Last edited:
The more important question is when is the NFL going to ask Weird Al Yankovic to do a Super Bowl halftime show. He is such an important artist. No other artist was more influential in bringing the accordion into popular music than Weird Al.

As for Foo Fighters, the networks probably do not think they are universal enough. That's why they go with older acts because both people in their 70s and 20s know and like their music. Foo Fighters skew younger. Fox seems to be the only network to take a risk with a younger group like the Black Eye Peas. Maybe when Fox get the Super Bowl again.

Last edited:
The Foo Fighters could pull off a stadium halftime musically, their sound is a good fit and they're stadium vets. But not a great headliner to sell. First off, for those who DON'T know them, the name will just sound silly. But beyond that, they strike me as the kind of band where everybody recognizes their songs but doesn't really know -- or even care -- who did them. ("Oh, THAT'S Foo Fighters too? OK, whatever.")

Why not Bon Jovi? Something tells me BB is always playing Bon Jovi during practice because he knows he'll be doing a superbowl halftime in the future :)

I was mentally blowing this off, but I just looked at the Billboard list of the top-grossing tours of 2011, and darned if Mr. Bon Jovi isn't at #2! Sold out 68 of 68 shows. Plus he had that country crossover hit....

Regardless, both bands still plant us in the well-trodden ground of white people over 40.

Neil Young

That's an interesting idea. My first thought is no way he buys into the spectacle. But then I think, if he did it and kept it a pure rock act like U2 did — no side dancers, over-wrought choruses or or propped up headliners whose skills gave eroded so badly they have another musician playing their parts (ahem, Pete Townsend) — that would be awesome. Just Neil and a mighty good bad stomping in the free world.

That's an interesting idea. My first thought is no way he buys into the spectacle. But then I think, if he did it and kept it a pure rock act like U2 did — no side dancers, over-wrought choruses or or propped up headliners whose skills gave eroded so badly they have another musician playing their parts (ahem, Pete Townsend) — that would be awesome. Just Neil and a mighty good bad stomping in the free world.
I'm all for that. My kids would hate it though. I'll bet Neil would do something with the Roots.

Bob Dylan and Neil Young are like gods to me.

Not that they're my favorite band, but I think Pearl Jam would work really well.

FF are average to me, but they would be OK. Dave Grohl seems like a nice guy and it's awesome that he was in Nirvana.

One band would be a dream is kings of leon

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Bob Dylan and Neil Young are like gods to me.

Not that they're my favorite band, but I think Pearl Jam would work really well.

FF are average to me, but they would be OK. Dave Grohl seems like a nice guy and it's awesome that he was in Nirvana.

Bring back U2.

I must admit that with everything going though my head about this years Super Bowl, I totally missed out thinking about the Foo Fighters.

I'm going to put that on my list of things to think about for next years Super Bowl, so I don't overlook it. :rolleyes:

Love the Foos. Somebody up thread called them bland. Have to disagree. They mix hard rock with pop hooks. Grohl has written an impressive string of great, catchy songs. Don't hate 'em cause they're successful. It's not easy to do. Look at the legions of one-hit wonders. People hating on bands like U2 and the Foos for their success should try writing a few songs and see if any of 'em are any good. Then keep doing it for more than a decade. Not easy at all.

I'd like to see:

Muse
Surfer Blood
Cake
Gorillaz
The Shins
Arctic Monkeys

Okay, I know, none of those have a prayer of ever playing the SB. :rolleyes:

Most people have no clue who the Foo Fighters are. They are not mainstream and the NFL would not even consider them. The SB is global, and they want global ratings and revenue.

My screen name is from the Foo Fighter's song. The morning after SB 36 it was the first song I heard and after being a suffering Pats fan for 25 at that point it was so fitting.

If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything could ever be this good again

I'd be psyched if they did the halftime show. The songs U2 did in 2002 still give me chills when I think about the 911 and Patriots meanings in Beautiful Day and Where the streets have no name.

John Tesh anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST