PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Why haven't the Foo Fighters done a SB halftime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT: Why haven't the Foo Fighters done a SB halftime?

Because it's the Foo Fighters

...Black eyed peas?

After the disappointment of The Who, the NFL went to the black eyed peas, which was a much bigger disappointment. That's an argument against a band like the Foo Fighters, not in favor of it.

John Tesh anyone?

Only if they do my dream concert of him doing a Battle of the Bands type of show with Kenny G. That would be musical nirvana.

Either that or the long overdue reunion of Air Supply. Generic bland soft rock just has just gone down hill since they left the music scene.

After the disappointment of The Who, the NFL went to the black eyed peas, which was a much bigger disappointment. That's an argument against a band like the Foo Fighters, not in favor of it.

Black Eye Peas disapointment had to do with Jerry Jones' stadium management, not the group itself. Their problem were because of technical difficulties more than the music itself.

I think The Who's problem was more with they played like crap, but part of that was the apparent CBS insistence of them playing all of the CSI songs. "Who Are You?" is not a good song to do live and cutting "Won't Get Fooled Again" to 4 minutes ruins the song.

Never heard of 'em. Clearly I'm a small minority.

It's about the t.v. audience, not the crowd, so I don't think the age of the people actually in attendance matters...

I think it's probably more about the people in charge of this are totally out of touch

Foo Fighters would work I think

Nirvana would not have worked because even though they are extremely popular their type of music doesn't really fit in with a somewhat celebratory event

I do think Nirvana is probably the most overrated band of all time but thats not why I wouldn't choose them, some of my favorites wouldn't be appropriate either (Pearl Jam, Tool etc.)

you need stadium rock or Rock with an up tempo feel, like some of the follwoing:

Muse
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
foo fighters
the White Stripes
Neil Young
My Morning Jacket (maybe in ten years when more people realize how awesome they are)
Daft Punk (how sweet would that be?)
Dave Matthews Band

I'd love to see the Chilli Peppers or Neil Young, but Neil would have to do more of a "Crazy Horse" set than acoustic. Acoustic wouldn't fly for the Super Bowl.

I think Pearl Jam would be a GREAT choice. Perhaps a Pearl Jam/Neil Young combo set.

actually it's not an argument at all in regards to the Foo Fighters

I'd love to see the Chilli Peppers or Neil Young, but Neil would have to do more of a "Crazy Horse" set than acoustic. Acoustic wouldn't fly for the Super Bowl.

I think Pearl Jam would be a GREAT choice. Perhaps a Pearl Jam/Neil Young combo set.

Maybe Eddie Vedder and Tim Tebow could just stand on stage and talk political and religious beliefs for 15 minutes. That would be must-see-TV.

Maybe Eddie Vedder and Tim Tebow could just stand on stage and talk political and religious beliefs for 15 minutes. That would be must-see-TV.

Talking would be okay but forget the music. have you heard Tebow sing? :eek:

There's a few major bands that hasn't been in the Super Bowl yet such as...

Genesis (more then likely Collins era lineup/material)
Pink Floyd (with Jon Carin in place for the late Richard Wright... RIP Rick)
Van Halen
The Police
Aerosmith (hey can't be worse then The Who... can it?)
Coldplay
The Eagles
Yes (do say Owner Of A Lonely Heart, Don't Kill The Whale, Roundabout, Soon, and Siberian Khatru in some order - with Jon Anderson please instead of that awful Benoit David)

Just a few off the top of my head.

Last edited:
My first choice: AC/DC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back