PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Why Doesn't LA have a team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is clear;y a stadium issue. The odds on favorites to end up in LA are the Bills, Chargers, Jaguars, and Vikings. The NFL does not want to move away from the current 32 team format since it provides a balanced schedule format.

My guess: the Chargers. They are unable to get a stadium and they have already moved some of their football operations. It would not shock me if they moved to Anaheim which would PO both SD and LA,

not enough Americans left living there.

Did you see they filled the LA coliseum for a Mexico vs. USA communist football game, and the fans booed the Americans.

UCLA and USC don't have great support. They rarely sell out, and if you ignore the raw numbers- 70,000 may seem like a lot, but a bad program like Michigan State puts 79,000 in the stadium every Saturday- the support is horrible. USC has gotten more lately because of their success, but those programs are hardly giants in college football when it comes to fan support. The fans in LA are very apathetical until the team wins.

you make a number of points. i'll latch onto the one about LA fan apathy. it's a big obstacle to overcome, when there are so many other things to do on a Sunday in lalaland, especially if you spent saturday at or watching college ball.

I'm not from Michigan, but, as a fan, I would disagree that Michigan State is a "bad program".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe