PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Wade Phillips Fired, Jason Garret new interm HC for Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,
This team was overrated anyway. I thought they were going to the playoffs, but I really could not see this team being Super Bowl champs at all. They also need a to get a GM, along with a new coach.

Peace,
Celticboy04

Jerry Jone waited until the Cowboys are basically out of it before he makes the switch. Should have done it a month ago or a year ago. There isn't a team in the NFL that has more wasted talent than the Cowboys.

Jones' massive ego and desire to run the show drove Parcells out and convinced him to put in a puppet like Phillips. The Cowboys might have won a Super Bowl if Jones didn't choose TO over Parcells.

Damn...I had $5 on Chilly getting fired before Wade.

Not surprised.I dont think they are overrated.Their play has been pathetic.They look like they are giving up.They have alot of talent on that d-line.Also on offense.

As long as Jerry Jones is going to be the heavily involved overlord there instead of just being an owner, the head coach is likely to remain all but irrelevant.

Well Wade Phillips is a terrible coach and needed to be fired because his team is not even giving effort from game to game.Why let him finish the season?They need to bring in a very well respected coach.

I knew Jones was lying when he said he would not fire Phillips before the end of the season. There was no need to even say so, Jerry. EVERYONE thinks you should have fired him sooner.

As said by Deus, as long as Jerry Jones is doing his best Al Davis impression they are going nowhere.

I'd blame Garrett more than Wade Phillips for whats happened there.

As said by Deus, as long as Jerry Jones is doing his best Al Davis impression they are going nowhere.

I'd blame Garrett more than Wade Phillips for whats happened there.

I only agree a little. Garrett's running of the offense has been terrible and a part of the problem, to be sure. His promotion to HC seems like ol' JJ putting him in the hot seat to be removed at the end of a lost year. However, the lack of discipline, football fundamentals, and in-game adjustments falls squarely in Wade Phillips' shoulders.

Let's hire Wade Phillips as d-cordinator!

JUST KIDDING! Somebody had to say it.

You could see it in his eyes last night, he was done. I half thought he'd resign.

You could see it in his eyes last night, he was done. I half thought he'd resign.

That's the look he always has...
He actually leaves the Cowboys with the same winning percentage as Tom Landry.... both at .607, though Landry had an 0 fer his first year and three Super Bowl trophies in between.....

I only agree a little. Garrett's running of the offense has been terrible and a part of the problem, to be sure. His promotion to HC seems like ol' JJ putting him in the hot seat to be removed at the end of a lost year. However, the lack of discipline, football fundamentals, and in-game adjustments falls squarely in Wade Phillips' shoulders.

Well if you don't have input in the players that are coming in then I don't think you can be blamed for some of those things.

Well if you don't have input in the players that are coming in then I don't think you can be blamed for some of those things.

Fair point, and a reason why I think the Cowboys are more likely to hire **** Jauron than Bill Cowher or Jon Gruden.

You think this team would be 1-7 if Cowher was the coach?Too much talent in that team to be 1-7.They seem to have given up.I wonder if the cowboys have all that kind of money with the picks they will have coming up in the draft.

Since Wade Philips was the D coordinator, who is taking over those responsibilities? And since Garrett is OC, is he going to continue that or pass it on to somebody else? Anyone know?

Wade_Phillips_081013015714.jpg

I don't know that Garrett will be able to pull the team together and try to finish strong, but I suppose it's possible.
Jerry Jones the owner needs to learn the fact that his biggest liability is Jerry Jones the GM

Last edited:
Have the Cowboys now become the NFC's Raiders, with Jerry Jones their Al Davis?

Well that took 2 years longer than it should have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back