Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
So much for a Chargers Super Bowl run.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/prin...8164&type=story

"Tom Landry, Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells ... Cowboys fans have been waiting for the next big name to lead a storied franchise. They might be surprised by the answer.

League and Cowboys sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that Chargers defensive coordinator Wade Phillips will be named Dallas' head coach. Phillips traveled from San Diego to Dallas on Wednesday night after being told that he was their choice to replace the now-retired Parcells.

While contract details must still be worked out and a contract signed, a formal team announcement for Phillips could come as early as Thursday."

Bum's boy gets a chance in Dallas.

I still see Bum Phillips, in my Mind's eye, prowling the Oiler sidelines in his Boots, Belt, and Stetson, the very epitome of a Texas Good Ol' Boy, singing Oiler Blue...

Wade, failed in the rebuilding of the Bills after their big run, but I hardly blame him; the Team had just gotten old, and Kelly had retired.

I think he's a pretty good no nonsense Defensive Coach, that will have to clean up Tuna's messes, but least the situation is not totally hopeless. He needs to find a QB, add an OL or two, and get rid of TO. Tuna had layed a foundation.

Good Luck Wade !!

Well the cowboys fans should be happier with Wade running the show....think what would have happened with Norv in charge:eek:

that's big news. what's the view on his relative importance to the Bolts? Is he as important to them as Weiss was to us? Is this a damaging loss for San Diego?

that's big news. what's the view on his relative importance to the Bolts? Is he as important to them as Weiss was to us? Is this a damaging loss for San Diego?

I'd have to think anytime a team loses both coordinators, it's a setback. We know about that firsthand.

I'd have to think anytime a team loses both coordinators, it's a setback. We know about that firsthand.

in this case, of course, the Chargers have a legendary HC to fall back on...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
chargers will just promote from within since it's a lameduck season for marty (unless he wins it all)
but even then he still will probably retire.

i expect wade to turn ware into merriman in dallas, that should be fun to watch.

alot more blitzing in dallas, that's for sure.

I thought Jerry Jones was still the coach.

Oh, that's right...he is!

The Patriots lost Crennel and Weis - and still had Belichick.

The Chargers are losing Cameron and Phillips - and are stuck with Marty.

That seems to me to be a pretty big drop, although San Diego still has a ton of talent.

That seems to me to be a pretty big drop, although San Diego still has a ton of talent.
like 06, the only thing that can hold them back is discipline, mentality, and marty

they just have to have a better focus and avoid serious injuries

This is Dave Campo redeux.

Well the cowboys fans should be happier with Wade running the show....think what would have happened with Norv in charge:eek:

Oh definetly, i think wade is a great coach, i always liked him. I think the Cowboys have a chance with Wade there. If choke man didnt have a fluke season.

Man, is anybody else watching this press conference? At the end of the introduction Jerry Jones starting choking up, saying something like, "There is nobody who cares more about the Cowboys than I do, and here's the new coach..." What an ass.

Wade looked like a kid in a candy store, you could tell he was real happy to be named coach. And whats up with ESPN news? Every time they show Clayton, Mortensen or one of those other clowns reporting on something, they thank him for the report then show him for like five seconds waiting for a "your welcome" or "thanks" back. And they just sit there in silence. Can't they clean this up by now, if they aren't gonna say anything back then don't bother showing him. It looks ackward and makes the reporter and ESPN look so dumb, but i guess that is to be deserved.

Wade's got a nice defensive mind, that's pretty clear, but, to me, he lost control of that Bills team. He will get devoured by the attention and pressure in the Big D, I'm sorry to say.

Hey, I'd like to see him succeed, everyone would (except other NFC East fans). The no-nonsense, winning-is-in-my-bones Russ Grim was the man Jones should have hired. But, of course, Jones hardly wanted another guy who would stand up to him without thinking twice...

Last edited:

Bingo. This is huge news for SD,who btw was already being touted as the next SB winner by the early prognosticators at ESPN plus Vegas apparently had them as the 7 point favorite. LOL I'd imagine that's changing as we speak.
What a coup for Dallas.

I do remember Wade being fired as Buffalo's coach. To be honest I was kind of proud of the way he stood up to the owner when he was ordered to fire his special teams coach for the "Home run throwback" play, which cost them them the playoffs. He basically got fired for not doing so but probably gained the respect of alot of coaches around the league for not doing so.

I've never been a fan of his coaching style but if I were a coach I wouldn't mind working under someone who had my back.

Bingo. This is huge news for SD,who btw was already being touted as the next SB winner by the early prognosticators at ESPN plus Vegas apparently had them as the 7 point favorite. LOL I'd imagine that's changing as we speak.
What a coup for Dallas.
vegas still has us as the favorite to win the next superbowl
i think it's all about marty as always , if the players can't overcompensate for the marty factor then they won't win, simple as that

they came close vs NE but they were just too unprepared, hopefully for them they wake up before their careers are over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back