PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Vikes at Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Childress comes off as a guy desperately trying to prove he's the leader when nobody really wants to follow him

This doesn't bode well for the Vikes.. losing 3 of their last 4 games.

In the past I'd have ascribed this to the annual Farve end-of-season breakdown, but today he was sharp. They just came out flatfooted and the Bears put up too much of a fight.

Got to wonder how much that Favre-Childress schism has affected the team chemistry.

Oh, he wasn't THAT sharp. Favre played to the level of his opponent, which he has done all his career. It cost the Vikings, just like it cost the Jets last year.

When will folks learn that signing Favre is like making a pact with the Devil. He'll give you some great wins, and some incredible skills, but in the end, the Devil will get his due, and the player will be left alone and vulnerable, exposed and defeated.

Just ask Robert Johnson how that meeting at the Cross Roads turned out, eh?

Favre is football's version of Robert Johnson.

On ESPN after the game,they showed the last sack on Favre in overtime.Lord Favre spiked the ball right in front of the ref and no call for delay or unsportsmanlike.

ESPN guy #1:"shouldn't that be a penalty?"
ESPN guy #2:"no....not on Brett Favre"

What a PATHETIC Sports Network!

Last edited:
What a difference a Pat Williams makes.

In the past I'd have ascribed this to the annual Farve end-of-season breakdown, but today he was sharp. They just came out flatfooted and the Bears put up too much of a fight.
he threw for 35 yards in the first half.

Oh, he wasn't THAT sharp. Favre played to the level of his opponent, which he has done all his career. It cost the Vikings, just like it cost the Jets last year.

When will folks learn that signing Favre is like making a pact with the Devil. He'll give you some great wins, and some incredible skills, but in the end, the Devil will get his due, and the player will be left alone and vulnerable, exposed and defeated.

Just ask Robert Johnson how that meeting at the Cross Roads turned out, eh?

Favre is football's version of Robert Johnson.

He was particularly sharp in the 2nd half, throwing tight spirals and hitting WR right out of their breaks, nice rhythm and timing. Threaded a few needle holes, particularly the last TD which was a backshoulder throw in tight coverage.

The vikes lost the game on the AP fumble.

On ESPN after the game,they showed the last sack on Favre in overtime.Lord Favre spiked the ball right in front of the ref and no call for delay or unsportsmanlike.

ESPN guy #1:"shouldn't that be a penalty?"
ESPN guy #2:"no....not on Brett Favre"

What a PATHETIC Sports Network!

should have been 15 yards for sure. also the game never should have been in OT, bears dropped an easy pick late in the 4th. now if the eagles win on sunday they will be the #2

What a difference a Pat Williams makes.

This pathetic Bears O has looked VERY bad against some crummy D's.

Where the heck has the Vikings D gone in the last month? Injuries? Perhaps, but they've just looked very rotten recently. Antoine Winfield getting burned by some guy on the practice squad? Jared Allen not being able to go 1-1 against a 1st round bust?

Favre did all he could to help win this game for them.

Childress comes off as a guy desperately trying to prove he's the leader when nobody really wants to follow him

He's also seemed to learn alot of bad habits from his former boss Andy Reid - abandoning the run game at crucial stretches of the game, poor clock management, boneheaded calls in all 3 phases during crucial parts of the game, etc. Reid is a very good coach, but his bad habits have also rubbed off on his former assistants(i.e. John Harbaugh has these same habits as well).

This pathetic Bears O has looked VERY bad against some crummy D's.

Where the heck has the Vikings D gone in the last month? Injuries? Perhaps, but they've just looked very rotten recently. Antoine Winfield getting burned by some guy on the practice squad? Jared Allen not being able to go 1-1 against a 1st round bust?

Favre did all he could to help win this game for them.

The Vikings D-line was having trouble with the Bears O-line which has had trouble all year long protecting Cutler and creating holes for Forte (switching from run first to pass first team has murdered their O-line).

The Vikings defense has been exposed just like the Saints defense. Their secondary is horrible in coverage and especially against the speedy receivers that Chicago has. Losing EJ Henderson was a huge blow for them as well.

Devin Aromashodu looked great out there. If the Bears can get a great offensive mind as a HC and fix their O-line woes, they could be a lethal passing team with Aromashodu, Knox, Olsen, and Bennett.

The Vikings D-line was having trouble with the Bears O-line which has had trouble all year long protecting Cutler and creating holes for Forte (switching from run first to pass first team has murdered their O-line).

The Vikings defense has been exposed just like the Saints defense. Their secondary is horrible in coverage and especially against the speedy receivers that Chicago has. Losing EJ Henderson was a huge blow for them as well.

Devin Aromashodu looked great out there. If the Bears can get a great offensive mind as a HC and fix their O-line woes, they could be a lethal passing team with Aromashodu, Knox, Olsen, and Bennett.

Henderson's backup(Jasper Brinkley) has actually played very well, especially considering he's only a 5th round rookie.

Is it just me, or do alot of these playoff teams' Ds look pretty bad? No - I'm not calling out the Pats or anyone in particular(the Pats D looks very good), but other playoff calibur teams like the Eagles, Cards, Packers, Bengals, Broncos, Steelers, et al haven't looked so hot either.

And the Chargers D hasn't looked too great either - they have trouble covering TEs, their pass rush is just merely decent, and the reason why we don't hear much of this is b/c they're on a long winning streak(so we don't hear much about their weaknesses).

Henderson's backup(Jasper Brinkley) has actually played very well, especially considering he's only a 5th round rookie.

Is it just me, or do alot of these playoff teams' Ds look pretty bad? No - I'm not calling out the Pats or anyone in particular(the Pats D looks very good), but other playoff calibur teams like the Eagles, Cards, Packers, Bengals, Broncos, Steelers, et al haven't looked so hot either.

And the Chargers D hasn't looked too great either - they have trouble covering TEs, their pass rush is just merely decent, and the reason why we don't hear much of this is b/c they're on a long winning streak(so we don't hear much about their weaknesses).

Brinkley has played well, but he's atrocious when the Vikings play zone. He just can't cover anyone and it showed last night when Olsen was doing what he wanted.

The Bengals defense is I think the most solid out of all the playoff teams.

The Eagles have a major problem covering TEs and RBs. Combined, here are the stats:

RBs and TEs pass completions, yards, and TDs against the Eagles defense:

124 completions
1362 yards
10 TDs

37% of the completions, 43% of the passing yards, and 41% of the TDs they have given up this season are to RBs and TEs. Another key in those stats is they tend to give up a lot of YAC.

The Cardinals defense is only solid against horrible offensive teams and even then they manage to falter and have only had one good showing against a solid offense at the time (game against the Giants).

The Broncos defense played at such a high octane level the first few weeks that they gave out and it showed after their bye week when they got murdered by the Ravens and since then have gone AWOL. Only really good showings they had were against the Giants (who at that time were lousy) and the Chiefs.

The Steelers have the same problems that the Vikings have in that they have a solid pass rush but an atrocious secondary and the loss of Polamalu really effected them.

The Packers do have a very good run defense. On average, they give up 3.6 yards a carry and have only had 5 rushing TDs against them. They are susceptible to the pass however and have given up 28 passing TDs. But, they do intercept the ball (27 Ints).

The Cowboys defense has gotten better during the season (save for the Giants game a couple of weeks ago). They have a solid D-line and I said it last week, Mike Jenkins is becoming one of the best corners in the league.

The Saints defense. We all know what it is. They rely heavily on turnovers (especially in the passing game). They haven't improved that much from last year statistically speaking, but they have improved dramatically in the turnover department (26 last year, 41 this year).

Just a quick analysis on most of the teams defenses heading into the playoffs. I don't know why I did this. I just kept going for some reason.

You'd think I'd learn by now. Minnesota and New Orleans looked ridiculous before December, now they look like honest plodders who have been found out. Right now the Chargers and the Eagles are the two hot teams in their conferences.

Don't you just love December football.

You'd think I'd learn by now. Minnesota and New Orleans looked ridiculous before December, now they look like honest plodders who have been found out. Right now the Chargers and the Eagles are the two hot teams in their conferences.

Don't you just love December football.

This is where the MENTAL part takes over.

BTW - what is the deal with Wade Phillips? Did you hear his PC the other day? This man sounded pleased and proud of himself over just MERELY being in the playoffs. Andy Reid, OTOH, stressed how big and important game b/w his Eagles and Cowboys at Cowboys Stadium is this weekend.

Yeah - another example of where the MENTAL part is very important in the stretch run, and how important for these coaches to adopt them properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes