PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Urban Meyer put on paid leave by Ohio State.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you ever truly think OSU would let Meyer go? I live in Columbus. I don't think most people feel he should have been dragged into this and even less seem to feel this is a fireable offense.
To me, it's about having a winning program. Losing Urban would be detrimental.
After Jim Tressel’s situation, yes, I thought that it was on the table, especially in today’s day and age. There were certainly plenty who jumped to conclusions, some in this thread. I couldn’t really understand that, coming from our own situations here in NE.

Used to live in Worthington, myself. Beautiful area.

Sorry if I'm not PC here. But this really kinda makes me upset. This isn't the same as Paterno and his assistant coach molesting boys in the ****ing locker room showers. Why the **** does ones boss become responsible for an employee beating his wife at HOME? Isn't that the families and local police issue? Sorry but I'm a confused 40-something year old.

Sorry if I'm not PC here. But this really kinda makes me upset. This isn't the same as Paterno and his assistant coach molesting boys in the ****ing locker room showers. Why the **** does ones boss become responsible for an employee beating his wife at HOME? Isn't that the families and local police issue? Sorry but I'm a confused 40-something year old.
When the boss has signed a contract saying he has to report things like that. And when federal law (Title IX) says he has to, as well.

QuantumMechanic summed it up nicely.

And in the most abstract answer to your question, taken literally, if I found out that one of my employees were beating his wife, there’d be some repercussions.

...This isn't the same as Paterno and his assistant coach molesting boys in the ****ing locker room showers.

Umm...Paterno didn’t molest anyone (as far as we know). If what you are saying is true, then BB deflated footballs and it was TB doing the illegal taping.
Having said that, I know what you were trying to convey.

Pretty messed up stuff...if they didn't want to fire him, what would have been the appropriate punishment? One full season?

Nothing wrong w college football. Everything is fine.

On a serious note I'm shocked many still haven't a clue.

If you know about & turn a blind eye to your employees molesting children, beating their spouses etc you probably shouldn't be coaching & influencing young adults.

Nothing wrong w college football. Everything is fine.

On a serious note I'm shocked many still haven't a clue.

If you know about & turn a blind eye to your employees molesting children, beating their spouses etc you probably shouldn't be coaching & influencing young adults.

People like Urban Meyer care about one thing - football. Anything else is a bother to him.
He looked disinterested at last night's press conference almost as if he were saying"why am I here?" When asked by a reporter if he had anything to say to Courtney Smith, he merely said "I am sorry to everyone we are in this situation." In other words, "I am sorry I got caught."

I wonder if the NCAA takes a look at it.

Once again, Ohio State cares more about being a football factory than being a respected university. They are deservedly being ripped by everyone this morning.

Once again, Ohio State cares more about being a football factory than being a respected university. They are deservedly being ripped by everyone this morning.
What's hilarious is their keeping him for his name ... Which is completely tarnished now.

You can replace him as a coach but he really makes his/their money (lol basically everyones money besides the players) as a recruiter. Which again could be replaced by the right guy.

Would be to see them do the right thing but I guess they'll just slide ..... Or get hit w a death sentence when something else comes out.

Pretty messed up stuff...if they didn't want to fire him, what would have been the appropriate punishment? One full season?

No, 3 games is rediculous. If he followed what was in his contract and reported what he knew to the proper authorities he should have gotten nothing. And if he didn’t follow those guidelines laid out in his contract he should’ve been fired. 3 games to me means Urban wasn’t entirely innocent but god damn is he a good football coach. We have to keep him while also appearing to come down hard as a university.

He should have been suspended for the season.

Umm...Paterno didn’t molest anyone (as far as we know). If what you are saying is true, then BB deflated footballs and it was TB doing the illegal taping.
Having said that, I know what you were trying to convey.

I mistyped. What I meant was the molesting took place at the work facility. The assistant coach didn't beat his wife at the OSU practice field. Or did he?

Most of the outrage I'm assuming is coming from OSU haters. Is your favorite college football program free from sin?

I mistyped. What I meant was the molesting took place at the work facility. The assistant coach didn't beat his wife at the OSU practice field. Or did he?

Most of the outrage I'm assuming is coming from OSU haters. Is your favorite college football program free from sin?

I’m gonna guess that very little of the outrage is coming specifically from people who don’t like OSU.

What a **** head

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST