PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Urban Meyer put on paid leave by Ohio State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Urban Meyer Placed on Paid Leave While Ohio State Conducts Investigation

The Ohio State University is placing head football coach Urban Meyer on paid administrative leave while it investigates whether he was previously aware of domestic violence allegations against former assistant coach Zach Smith.

"[Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith] and I agree that being on leave during this inquiry will facilitate its completion," Meyer said in a statement, per the Associated Press' Ralph D. Russo. "This allows the team to conduct training camp with minimal distraction. I look forward to the resolution of this matter."

Offensive coordinator Ryan Day will serve as the head coach while the investigation is ongoing.

As a Gator fan, this doesn’t surprise me. There were a number of cover-ups and “look-the-other-ways” with players during his tenure at Florida as well. I’m sure we’re all familiar with one of them. This time it’s an assistant coach.

I still think his heart condition at UF was ********. Resign or be fired

If they don't do a 30/30 on his FL teams the terrorist win. Hernandez, Cam Newton, Pouncey Brothers, Percy Harvin, Tim Tebow, Janoris Jenkins & Riley Cooper among others w Meyer coaching?

Kontra, FL in the running for #1 high School recruit K.T.

Well, as a Buckeye fan, this really stings. Almost as bad as losing Jim Tressel over a few of the players giving jerseys to the tattoo artist.

If they don't do a 30/30 on his FL teams the terrorist win. Hernandez, Cam Newton, Pouncey Brothers, Percy Harvin, Tim Tebow, Janoris Jenkins & Riley Cooper among others w Meyer coaching?

Newton went to Auburn

Hoping they land him. They need it. I like what Mullen has done on the offensive side of the ball thus far. Wish Cleveland wouldn’t have been involved in that gambling scuffle though.

Georgia will be winning the national title within the next couple of years. They just completely cleaned up.

My guess is he’s gone within a week or 2.

Um, I would welcome him back to Florida. But I doubt it. He could probably commit mass murder on that campus and OSU would still welcome him back.

I don't think he will be fired. Ohio State only cares about football, and nothing else.

I would welcome him back to Florida. But I doubt it. He could probably commit mass murder on that campus and OSU would still welcome him back.
Unfortunately, there may be too much public pressure for him to stay in Columbus, but as far as OSU wanting him, can you blame them? He’s clearly the second best coach in the country behind Saban, and he’s probably looking to retire in the next few years.

He’s still going to be highly coveted by just about any university, but with the public outcry, he may end up being too hot to touch.

Hoping they land him. They need it. I like what Mullen has done on the offensive side of the ball thus far. Wish Cleveland wouldn’t have been involved in that gambling scuffle though.

Georgia will be winning the national title within the next couple of years. They just completely cleaned up.

Um, I would welcome him back to Florida. But I doubt it. He could probably commit mass murder on that campus and OSU would still welcome him back.
I'm leaning Oregon but no info.

Agreed on Cleveland but that might be a blessing in disguise from everything I've heard about him.

You guys usually have a ****-load of talent no matter the year.

Yea UG is loaded its not funny. Their QB situation might be the most interesting in the country

Unfortunately, there may be too much public pressure for him to stay in Columbus, but as far as OSU wanting him, can you blame them? He’s clearly the second best coach in the country behind Saban, and he’s probably looking to retire in the next few years.

He’s still going to be highly coveted by just about any university, but with the public outcry, he may end up being too hot to touch.
If that’s the case, let me be the first to offer Dan Mullen a ride to the airport. Doubtful, however, that Meyer would come back to Florida. Not with how he left. Notre Dame would probably be very interested.

I'm leaning Oregon but no info.

Agreed on Cleveland but that might be a blessing in disguise from everything I've heard about him.

You guys usually have a ****-load of talent no matter the year.

Yea UG is loaded its not funny. Their QB situation might be the most interesting in the country
I don’t know how you could go away from Fromm after that freshman season. He’s the real deal.

I don't think he will be fired. Ohio State only cares about football, and nothing else.
I’m guessing there’s no bias in play here, “Boston Wolverine?” :cool:

Seeing as how they handled the last ridiculous infraction, I don’t really agree that it’s necessarily “all about football.” Worry about your own HC, who also happens to be certifiably insane. That dude's going to crack any minute now.

meanwhile..down at the border

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST