PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Unwitting Brushes with Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB146

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
My dad is the Assistant Principal at a private elementary school where children are on a waiting list to enter kindergarten, and they and their parents come in for an interview/tour before being admitted. He was conducting an interview with the mother of a prospective child the other day, and he was really impressed with her knowledge of education, and he asked her what her line of work was. She said she stayed home. He asked what her husband did and she said "He works for the Patriots." He thought that was neat because one of their teachers is married to somebody who works for NESN (I don't know who). My dad doesn't really follow sports much, so it didn't occur to him until later that "Mrs. Light" might have been downplaying a bit when she said that her husband "works" for the Patriots... instead of saying that he plays (left tackle) for the Patriots.

Now, I know it is entirely conceivable that there is another "Mr. Light" that works somewhere in the Patriots organization, but it really could have been Matt Light's wife. Anybody know if Light has a 3-year-old son?

Anyway, I warned dad that if it IS Matt Light's son, and if he does go to school there, he might turn out to be a bit of a prankster if he's like his daddy... citing the time that Light filled Brady's car with packing peanuts. :D

This is reminiscent of a few years ago when my mom sat next to David Givens on an airplane from Providence to Nashville and didn't realize it. She described him as a nice looking young man with really big diamond stud earrings who was looking at really nice homes in a real estate magazine. She realized who it was a few days later when the news was reporting that he signed with the Titans.

Those stories are great. Thanks for sharing.

My first time doing security at Gillette I took a wrong turn and ended in the players parking lot. TFB was there leaned up against a truck chatting with Troy Brown.

I used to occasionally bag groceries for Brendan Shanahan.

Cool stories bro.

Living in north attleboro they are every where. bru is always at his parents meeting at school. You never notice except when chung was *****ing about his wings being too soggy next table over with flectcher 2 weeks ago.I thought he was going to play till i saw him at 11.30 at the this place the night before.

i used to see ty and seymour more often. when maroney played for us he used for some reason walk around a rt1 strip mall late night. now i know after his bust. lol.

Last edited:
I once met a guy who said he lived in the same complex as Maroney and Chad Jackson. He said he smoked up with them a few times, but got pissed when I said they sucked (this was 2009).

I got cool stories about brushes with fame all night, don't get me goin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes