PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Thursday Night Game: Colts vs. Jags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Thursday Night Game

Say what you want about the Colts, but they're just finding ways to win. They're are making plays in critical moments and capitalizing on their opponents mistakes.

Manning was again brilliant last night.

Re: OT: Thursday Night Game

Say what you want about the Colts, but they're just finding ways to win. They're are making plays in critical moments and capitalizing on their opponents mistakes.

Manning was again brilliant last night.

Yeah, exactly.

Granted, I missed this phantom false start call, but saw most of the rest of the game.

At some point, you have to give a team props for pulling out wins, even if they are coming out of their rear. Early in this decade, we were doing similar things, and I know we didn't like it when people referred to us as lucky. You make your own luck, and aside from the absurd calls they get in their favor sometime, this winning in the 4th quarter thing is no coincidence.

Still, they choke every playoff season it seems, so I like our chances if we face them in the AFCDG (more likely) or the AFCCG. In fact, I'd love to end their perfect season, we should have a few weeks ago, but it'd be even sweeter doing it in the postseason.

Last edited:
That SUPER late illegal formation was VERY sketchy, imo.

That SUPER late illegal formation was VERY sketchy, imo.

I wasn't watching during that play, but followed the outcry on the forum here - how late was it? Had the play been completed before the flag was thrown?

I wasn't watching during that play, but followed the outcry on the forum here - how late was it? Had the play been completed before the flag was thrown?

Yes, it came AFTER the first down conversion.

Yes, it came AFTER the first down conversion.

Hmm, that is pretty sketchy. Can't say I've seen an illegal formation call that wasn't flagged around the snap of the ball.

Hmm, that is pretty sketchy. Can't say I've seen an illegal formation call that wasn't flagged around the snap of the ball.

The best/worst part was the commentators (who could generally be ignored for their sheer idiocy) both muttering "I didn't see any flag, did you?" "No, I didn't notice it either..."

Terrible. A sad closing to a very entertaining game with some of the lousiest, pre-seasonesque production values and commentating.

emo-tissue.jpg

At the snap, all offensive players must be stationary in their positions:
(a) without any movement of feet, head, or arms;
(b) without swaying of body; and
(c) without moving directly forward except that one player only and he, playing in a
backfield position, may be in motion provided he is moving, parallel to, obliquely
backward from, or directly backward from the line of scrimmage at snap.

Note 1: No player is ever permitted to be moving obliquely or directly forward toward his
opponent’s goal line at snap.

Note 2: Non-abrupt movement of head and/or shoulders by offensive players prior to the
snap is legal. Players must come to a stop before ball is snapped. If officials judge the
action of the offensive players to be abrupt, false start foul is to be called.
Penalty: For player illegally in motion at snap: Loss of five yards from previous
spot. In case of doubt, this penalty shall be enforced.
A.R. 7.14 Third-and-one on the B40. Quarterback A1 stops about a foot behind the center and
then moves forward and takes the snap and goes to the B38.
Ruling: Illegal motion. Can’t be moving forward at snap. A’s ball third-and-six on B45.
Hmmm. But what if a certain quarterback always steps forward as he takes the snap, when he's in the shotgun, and it's never called. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
jaguars.com forum -- 4th quarter flag - Jaguars Forum

"First of all, the flag was for illegal formation but was incorrectly called by the announcers (at least at first) as a false start. Probably because the hand signal is the same for both and the NFL Network's "excellent" broadcasting crew made no attempt to give us a shot of the official calling the penalty, let alone audio of what was being said.

Again because of the poor job by the NFL Network, nobody got a good look at it - unless they had a DVR. I rewound to see what was up. Sure enough, the Jags only had six men on the line of scrimmage (two receivers and four linemen). One lineman, one receiver, and a tight end were off the line, and Garrard and a running back were in their usual positions. So there you go. It was the correct call."

jaguars.com forum -- 4th quarter flag - Jaguars Forum

"First of all, the flag was for illegal formation but was incorrectly called by the announcers (at least at first) as a false start. Probably because the hand signal is the same for both and the NFL Network's "excellent" broadcasting crew made no attempt to give us a shot of the official calling the penalty, let alone audio of what was being said.

Again because of the poor job by the NFL Network, nobody got a good look at it - unless they had a DVR. I rewound to see what was up. Sure enough, the Jags only had six men on the line of scrimmage (two receivers and four linemen). One lineman, one receiver, and a tight end were off the line, and Garrard and a running back were in their usual positions. So there you go. It was the correct call."

You're wrong.

It's a conspiracy! :singing:

I love the morons who want to cry about the refs and talk garbage about conspiracies and games being handed over.

Did any of you geniuses who saw that "bogus" call happen to notice that on the Colts ensuing drive they were forced to punt the ball away themselves?

Now if the refs were out to help the Colts, why oh why would they allow the Colts to lose the ball in an important fourth quarter situation when down by 3? Wouldn't they give the Colts another one of those fantastic calls to ensure that they won the game?

Every single person that spouts off about the refs being the reason the Colts win, or worse, that there is some sort of conspiracy, makes themselves sound like a complete idiot.

The Colts are a very, very good team. Just like New Orleans, just like Minnesota, just like the PATS have been in many previous years. Are you really so blinded by homerism, hate or jealousy that you need to cling to these conspiracy theories to explain things when the Colts are outperforming the Pats???

The other thing is that all you doofuses are putting your eggs in the NFL Network production basket. You are counting on the dorks in the booth to be on top of what the hell is going on. Just watching and listening to a few moments of the game tells you otherwise. Just like the phantom sound glitch over the airwaves at the Hoosier Dome. Anyone who was AT THE GAME, and subsequently heard the glitch on a video replay at home will tell you no such sound was heard at the game. One little iota, and you guys run with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back