OT: This is why you don't pay the money the Dolphins paid to Ndamukong Suh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From Ian Rapaport:

Ndamukong Suh addressed his Miami Dolphins' defensive teammates on Monday.

It was -- ummmmm -- interesting.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport passed along the fiery address from the defensive tackle Sunday on NFL Network's GameDay Morning.

"I'm told he told them: 'I run this defense, I'm going to be here for the next five years, there is no guarantee any of you will be as well. Only a handful of guys are good enough to play with me right now,'" Rapoport said. "He also said the schemes were not good enough, the techniques were not enough and everyone needed to be better, he said 'follow me.'"

Ndamukong Suh to Miami Dolphins: 'I run this defense' - NFL.com

Might want to talk a little more to warren Buffett about investing in some wisdom and perspective.

He really thinks he'll be there for five more years?

They're pretty much stuck with him for two years (hello, $25M guaranteed salary for 2016), but I can't see him there in 2018 ATM.

The fact is, Suh's right for the next few years at least -- the Dolphins hitched their wagon to him.

Putting your team's future in the hands of a hot-headed egotist with a history of not playing up to his reputation seemed like such a foolproof plan, how did it go wrong?

I get what he was trying to do, but he misfired so badly. I remember they could do nothing but talk of his spotless character when he was coming out of college. I remember watching a pre-draft interview, and though I know they're all trained to say and do the right things especially at that time, he seemed so genuine. I liked him and watched a lot of Lions games early in his career. Then he just started being weird and, more importantly, dangerous and now I hate when NE must play any team he is on. Now we have to see him twice every season. I'm really hoping we don't have anything to play for necessarily and Brady can sit early in that next meeting. I know that won't be popular around here, but I'd rather have a healthy Brady for the playoffs than 16-0 if it means the risk of playing Suh at full tilt. Granted, we did keep him pretty much in check in that first meeting.

I get what he was trying to do, but he misfired so badly. I remember they could do nothing but talk of his spotless character when he was coming out of college. I remember watching a pre-draft interview, and though I know they're all trained to say and do the right things especially at that time, he seemed so genuine. I liked him and watched a lot of Lions games early in his career. Then he just started being weird and, more importantly, dangerous and now I hate when NE must play any team he is on. Now we have to see him twice every season. I'm really hoping we don't have anything to play for necessarily and Brady can sit early in that next meeting. I know that won't be popular around here, but I'd rather have a healthy Brady for the playoffs than 16-0 if it means the risk of playing Suh at full tilt. Granted, we did keep him pretty much in check in that first meeting.

I don't think Suh has really done anything any time he has faced the Patriots. I know the last two times he was invisible.

I don't think Suh has really done anything any time he has faced the Patriots. I know the last two times he was invisible.
He got a shot or two a few preseasons ago, and it's just the fact that I know he will be on the field around Brady's legs. He just gets crazy after the whistle, and I don't think he likes Brady all that much. So I know you're right in that he has been neutralized mostly in the last few meetings, but the threat is always there, I suppose. I just worry about Brady all the time. Let me be. :p:D

It was never a good deal. Even if Suh was playing lights out.
Fully agree. Only a QB can be worth that kind of money. I think that $14M, basically Sherman money, should be the upper limit for guys that are elite at their position, if their position is important enough for that money. I could stretch to $15-16M for guys that are once in a generation talents like a young prime Revis, or JJ Watt with the cap where it's at now and the next few years. But paying $19M for anything other than a QB is just crazy

I appreciate when players says that everyone needs to step up. But that should be something like "We all get payed a hell of a lot of money, and we are not living up to that. None of us. So we all need to improve, coaches and players a like". It should not be what Suh is saying, which is basically "They've payed me the most money here, so I'm the ****ing boss. So do what I say. Most of you don't even deserve my presence"

It's a big freaking difference between holding a meeting and saying that the whole team needs to do better, the meeting holder included. And holding a meeting where you basically brag about how rich you are, and how the other guys don't deserve to breath the same air as you.

Six of his seven points were accurate. He should lose the "I run this defense" line because it is a resume killer. He might also want to delete two of his honorary credentials...The Greg Hardy Award for Leadership...and The Albert Haynesworth Commitment for Excellence Award.

Six of his seven points were accurate. He should lose the "I run this defense" line because it is a resume killer. He might also want to delete two of his honorary credentials...The Greg Hardy Award for Leadership...and The Albert Haynesworth Commitment for Excellence Award.

I'm sorry, but when you are trying to motivate your teammates it is never a good point to say they suck and they aren't likely to be on the team.

I'm sorry, but when you are trying to motivate your teammates it is never a good point to say they suck and they aren't likely to be on the team.
Ya think?

Great D! Dolphins have kept the Jets to 21 points so far.

This dude is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye