PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: This has got to be killing Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titans were 5-3 and had a shot at the AFCS. Fisher probably figued he would lose the next 4 if he didn't bring in a WR to replace Britt in the interm, but could win the 3 or 4 of the next 4 if he had a deep threat. A three game swing and a playoff bid is worth Randy's salary in an uncapped year.

Turns out that was a mistake and having Randy didn't prevent losing the next 4. But a reasonable decision by JF at the time to sing Randy even if he was planning to play him for 4 games and send him back to the waiver wire afterwards. He did say at the time they would have not put in a waiver claim for Randy if Britt was healthy.

Yeah, I understand but Moss wasnt targeted once last night. Not once. You don't claim Randy Moss off waivers and not target a guy like that which is why I said create a few plays for the guy. Use what little juice BB hasn't squeezed out of the guy atleast.

Why take Randy Freagin' Moss off waivers, pay his remaining salary to block and sit plays out? Thats called a bad move if you ask me. Thats like challenging a 1 yard play on 4th down, losing the challenge and going for it anyways :D

Last edited:
Not sure why anyone would think Moss would be able to show up to a new team, with a new offense, in the middle of the season, and step right in and be productive. Tougher even when you factor in the crappy QB's he was stuck with. I think that's asking a bit much, even for someone as skilled, talented and football smart as Moss is.

Yeah, I understand but Moss wasnt targeted once last night. Not once. You don't claim Randy Moss off waivers and not target a guy like that which is why I said create a few plays for the guy. Use what little juice BB hasn't squeezed out of the guy atleast.

Titan's season's over.

Britt has less than 2 years experience. Typically it takes 3 years for a WR to fully hit his stride.

For the long term benefit of the team, I am not going to take reps and experience away from the future of the franchise to use some hasbeen, malcontent even if he is a HOF, just so Randy's legacy can include being the only player to have ever caught a TD pass with three different teams in the NFL.

And it ain't like Randy has been catching the balls when he is targeted. Why target a guy who makes almost no effort to catch the ball when he is targeted.

Last edited:
I'm not going to argue that Moss quit on plays, because he most certainly did. But didn't he catch a big time TD in the Super Bowl? What about against the Giants that very same season in the finale? The going was pretty tough then.

I agree. For all intents and purposes, Randy Moss caught the game winning catch of SB42. 9/10, a team doesn't drive down 90 yards for 6 in 2 minutes like the NYG then did. It took a freakshow of events on the next drive to undo what he, Brady & Welker did on that uber-clutch drive that preceded it.

Plus, Moss got open for a hail mary from Brady on the second to last play of the game. If it weren't for a desperate and well-timed deflection by Corey Webster, we'd have been looking at just about the greatest play in the sport's history.

Last edited:
That's like asking why did the Patriots resign Matt Gutierrez when Brady went down if you weren't gonna play him and then just cut him at the end of the season?

Now he is just a backup WR when Kenny needs a rest or the Titans go to a multiple WR set.

But is that really worth paying him $3M for half a season?

But is that really worth paying him $3M for half a season?

If the Titans had won 3 out of 4 of the games Britt missed, it would have been. He was an expensive backup plan. It didn't work out.

If the Titans had won 3 out of 4 of the games Britt missed, it would have been. He was an expensive backup plan. It didn't work out.

So to answer that question you just dodged... no. Lol.. just giving you a hard time! :D

So to answer that question you just dodged... no. Lol.. just giving you a hard time! :D

I don't buy that way of thinking.

I think the Titans made the right decision, but it didn't work out.

Same view I have about BB going for it on 4th and 2 against the Colts.

Or the Patriots playing Tom Brady instead of Matt Cassel in the superbowl against the Giants.

None of those decisions worked out in the end, but I think all three were the right one at the time.

I don't get all the hate on Fischer. You're looking at a proven coach that has had to deal with players like Vince Yong and Finnegan leading your team. Granted he should of been smart and moved on from these guys a while ago, but he isn't that bad of a coach.

Was anybody else just mystified by the way the Theismann and Millen were talking about him? "He's a great teammate," "he knows so much football he ought to be a coach," etc. Eventually the play by play guy had to say, he has been with 3 teams this year.

I don't buy that way of thinking.

I think the Titans made the right decision, but it didn't work out.

Same view I have about BB going for it on 4th and 2 against the Colts.

Or the Patriots playing Tom Brady instead of Matt Cassel in the superbowl against the Giants.

None of those decisions worked out in the end, but I think all three were the right one at the time.

I gotcha man. No hard feelings. I can understand and respect your opinions too. I just think they can do more with Moss than they have, thats all.

I don't get all the hate on Fischer. You're looking at a proven coach that has had to deal with players like Vince Yong and Finnegan leading your team. Granted he should of been smart and moved on from these guys a while ago, but he isn't that bad of a coach.

We arent arguing that he's a bad coach, just made a bad decision in our eyes. I like JF and he has done a decent coaching job in the years to me. I'd never discredit him for his coaching abilities and job security, I just think they aren't using Moss right.

Randy is trying to suck his way out of Tenn. IMO

We arent arguing that he's a bad coach, just made a bad decision in our eyes. I like JF and he has done a decent coaching job in the years to me. I'd never discredit him for his coaching abilities and job security, I just think they aren't using Moss right.

you may not be, but others are saying he should be fired and wouldn't want him on the Pats coaching staff

Onto his living room couch permanently? That doesn't make sense based on his behavior this season with the Pats.

I have always believed, that "find something you are good at and stick with it" is good advice.

He sucked his way out of Minn (twice) Oakland and NE. I bet he can do it one more time in Tenn.

Titans' handling of Moss absolutely foolish - AFC South Blog - ESPN

Man, when are people going to learn you DON'T CHANGE EVERYTHING for one player, especially a wide receiver? 'Not using Moss correctly' is a horrible argument. On the Patriots, a player does his job whenever he's called on, whether it's blocking or running a route. If he can't, then he should get off the field.

I gotcha man. No hard feelings. I can understand and respect your opinions too. I just think they can do more with Moss than they have, thats all.

Of course no hard feelings. Diversity of opinions is good.

I agree with you they could do more with Moss. I just don't think at this point, there really is much reason to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case