PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: This has got to be killing Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Titans boards are saying the same thing. They say it is because Fisher is the coach. They want Fisher gone.

I really don't get all the hate for Fisher this year. He's always seemed to be a good coach imo. Oh well, I guess if a team can get rid of a coach that took his team to 14-2 cuz they didn't get to the SB, I guess anyone is expendable.

Nah, I just think his offensive coordinator is an idiot. They should be running all over the Colts tonight. When they pass, Moss should be in.

"For all of the attention on the field, one off-the-field situation has touched Fisher far deeper.

The franchise has coped with well-respected offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger's cancer diagnosis. He continues to work on the Titans' game plan and call plays.

"Mike getting sick is not an easy thing to deal with," Fisher said. "You see him come back after chemo and trying to continue putting the plan together -- he loves this team, he loves this organization, and he loves this game.""

NFL.com news: Fisher would like to stay with Titans, admonishes Young for spat

"For all of the attention on the field, one off-the-field situation has touched Fisher far deeper.

The franchise has coped with well-respected offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger's cancer diagnosis. He continues to work on the Titans' game plan and call plays.

"Mike getting sick is not an easy thing to deal with," Fisher said. "You see him come back after chemo and trying to continue putting the plan together -- he loves this team, he loves this organization, and he loves this game.""

I was under the impression Heimerdinger wasn't calling plays any longer. I think they said a couple weeks ago the extent of his influence was helping game plan, but that was it.

Just because he has cancer doesn't make him not an idiot for not using Moss.

Moss wasn't even on the field for the last drive. I'd be shocked if he finishes the season on that team. They have given up on him, and that smirk on Randy's face at the end tells me he's quit on them as well.

I feel for the guy, but what a complete idiot.

Moss wasn't even on the field for the last drive.

I saw that!! I am flabbergasted! You have one of the all time great receivers and you don't use him?!? They're in 2 min mode trying to catch the colts, and they don't use Moss, I simply don't understand it.

Moss didn't even start, it was Nate Washington and Kenny Britt. I'd feel bad for him, but he ASKED for a trade. And then, he was reportedly "excited" to play in Tenn. He's made this bed, now he must lie in it. It sucks because I liked him alot, but this is all part of the "tough love" lesson.

Besides, no way we are 9-2 with him here still. We're much better off with Branch, and he never should have left in the first place.

They had one loss with Moss. They have one loss without Moss. Of course they could be 9-2 with Moss still there.

When Moss was here..i loved him and i still do

But the offense is much better without him this year

I take back what I said about wanting Jeff Fisher to coach the Patriots if we can't have Bill Belichick. I must have been having a Mark Sanchez type of day.

That sucks and my heart goes out to him and anybody else going through the same thing, but that doesn't mean that he isn't an idiot for not sticking to the running game and using Moss when you throw. It COULD be that there's a new OC in charge who still has to cut his teeth. If so, he's the idiot.

That sucks and my heart goes out to him and anybody else going through the same thing, but that doesn't mean that he isn't an idiot for not sticking to the running game and using Moss when you throw. It COULD be that there's a new OC in charge who still has to cut his teeth. If so, he's the idiot.

If I am not wrong, Heimerdinger did in fact not call the game- he only "helped" from upstairs.

The Vikings are suckers for giving up a 3rd round pick for him, and the Titans are suckers for claiming him and paying $3.3 million for 5 catches, 62 yards, no touchdowns and five straight losses to show for it.

They had one loss with Moss. They have one loss without Moss. Of course they could be 9-2 with Moss still there.

The difference is an intangible thing called fight within. Moss did not show any fight when the going got tough, he is a front runner. When it gets nasty, he packs it.
I thought the Pats are 10-2 no?

Last edited:
I agree, especially towards the end where they were nine down inside of two minutes. That's what you have Randy for, not a single deep ball and Moss on the sideline. Why exactly did pick up Moss? So he could block for a CJ run outside?

I agree, especially towards the end where they were nine down inside of two minutes. That's what you have Randy for, not a single deep ball and Moss on the sideline. Why exactly did pick up Moss? So he could block for a CJ run outside?

One word.....karma.

The difference is an intangible thing called fight within. Moss did not show any fight when the going got tough, he is a front runner. When it gets nasty, he packs it. I thought the Pats are 10-2 no?

I'm not going to argue that Moss quit on plays, because he most certainly did. But didn't he catch a big time TD in the Super Bowl? What about against the Giants that very same season in the finale? The going was pretty tough then.

I'm not going to argue that Moss quit on plays, because he most certainly did. But didn't he catch a big time TD in the Super Bowl? What about against the Giants that very same season in the finale? The going was pretty tough then.

That was 3 years ago. He has lost his burst and can't get open very often anymore. He doesn't have the stones to go over the middle.

I think even Randy realizes he can't get fired again and expect a job next year.

I can't remember who, but someone brought up an excellent point about him firing his agent back in May and representing himself. The more I think about it, the more I realize that should have been a red flag to everyone.

At the time, it was news-worthy but I didn't really think much about it. Now I look back and realize his agent was probably not telling him what he wanted to hear and there must have been a disconnect even then between his expectations and reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back