PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: The Broncos D really capitalized on Aaron Rodgers biggest weakness...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget that over the last month, the Packers have been averaging 19.5 PPG. The Pats have been averaging 32.5 PPG.

Broncos looked pretty awesome at all levels. Pass rush, secondary, running game, pass protection....all looked great.

Rodgers this, Rodgers that....not sure why people (outside of NE) keep insisting he's some divine entitiy...

As has been stated well in this thread, Rodgers likes to take low risk throws...doesn't throw into even semi-high risk situations even when the game calls for it (e.g. behind and you need to throw). Last night was a perfect example of it. So in hindsights, the mediots and most uneducated football fans thinks he's some super hero..

He is a system QB in my opinion - built to prey on weak opponents that he capitlizes on by extended the play and letting them make mistakes. Take that out of game and he will look like what he does last week. The stats speak for themselves in the NFL. it is hard to win on the road.

Did you know this so called "godgers" is 2-12 on the road against winning teams in the last 4 seasons

Team Game Finder Query Results | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Take out the heater season (2011) and its pathetic.

Last edited:
I saw quite a few ducks from manning.

You can say whateva but the donks are clearly a good football team. I trust our coaches more though then the packers coaching in making adjustments.

I don't like manning but he was very good last night. Rodgers was garbage
He may have been very good, but he had two weeks to rest up for last night. lets see what happens after a few weeks of ware and tear, getting back into the old grind or throwing and getting hit.

Don't forget that over the last month, the Packers have been averaging 19.5 PPG. The Pats have been averaging 32.5 PPG.

Packers offense:

- Out of shape power back

1. High end WR2 forced into a WR1 role
2. JAG WR2
3. Injured/inconsistent young WR3
4. JAG TE

It's not 2006 or 2013 Pats without Gronk bad, but it's pretty bad. They would get smoked by us to the tune of 42-20 in a superbowl. If Bridgewater can wake up the Vikings have a chance to win the division.

the media is in love that manning looked good again.

last time i checked, we're still the world champions!!!:D

Packers offense:

- Out of shape power back

1. High end WR2 forced into a WR1 role
2. JAG WR2
3. Injured/inconsistent young WR3
4. JAG TE

It's not 2006 or 2013 Pats without Gronk bad, but it's pretty bad. They would get smoked by us to the tune of 42-20 in a superbowl. If Bridgewater can wake up the Vikings have a chance to win the division.
green bay's defense stinks as well.
800 yards the the last two weeks to old man peyton/rivers...

GB offense:

PPG: 10th
YPG: 28th

They kinda suck. What do you know, losing an elite weapon ruined their offense. People thought Rodgers would be unphased by this, nope.

And these numbers are misleading because they had two 30 plus point games early in the season against bad teams and have struggled a bit on offense since.

17.7 if you take away the pick 6 against the Rams.

Needed a goal line stand to avoid OT after Rivers threw for 500 yards in Lambeau

17- 49ers
17- Rams (in Lambeau)
27- Chargers (Oakland and Baltimore in the last 2 weeks have put up 37 and 29 points on the Chargers)
10- Broncos

And these numbers are misleading because they had two 30 plus point games early in the season against bad teams and have struggled a bit on offense since.

Ya one was Week 1 @ Chicago, who he always plays good against.

And consider that Minny traveled to Denver in week 4 and lost a squeaker 23-20, with Bridgewater putting on a much better show than Rodgers did last night. The Vikings have looked significantly better this year, so it will be interesting to see what happens when the Pack and Vikes meet on 11/22. The Pack may not be the best team in the division this year, let alone the NFL.

this was mannings best game of the year...after 2 weeks of rest and he STILL had more interceptions than TD's. Before all the chicken littles come out and cry how we have no chance lets slow our roll here.

Broncos are a very good team....BUT by end of november mannings arm will be back to its noodle ways. Also, im sure belichick wont let broncos running backs go off like they did against the packers. or wont leave the middle of the field open like the packers did....he will have manning try to beat us with a noodle arm outside the numbers. flood the middle of the field to stop those crossing routes.

and not to mention other than randall cobb, the packers offense is pretty mediocre without jordy nelson....broncos will have to find a way to defend edelman/lafell/Gronk/lewis/amendola...and im not sure they can.

packers are just over-rated and have been every year. mike mccarthy should be on the hot seat considering his failures every year since 2010 but the fact the packers are good enough to win 12 games a year saves him. yet when it comes to a big game he FAILS to adjust and plays ultra conservative which leads to them losing.

how do you leave the middle of the field open when all manning can complete are crossing routes? and why try these long developing pass plays against a great pass rush?

Some comments on the comments

1. In a month who knows what this game will look like. Every year injuries become more and more of a factor in who wins or loses. Trying to figure out how we will do against each other is hard, because we don't know who will be available 4 weeks from now.

2. I was kind of shocked how badly the Packer offense played. Denver had a great game plan, but I was shock that GB didn't seem to. have a plan B. How can you come out of a bye week and looks so uninspired and unprepared.

3. Denver successfully did to GB what they will likely do to the Pats. That is rush with 4 and tightly cover all the short areas (5-8yds downfield) tightly in combinations of man and zones. Then you assume you can create enough pressure to make the QB throw the ball quickly into areas where you have a lot of people.

To do that successfully you have to have a great pass rush, and excellent man coverage people. The Broncos have both.

4. However they are going to run out of their great coverage guys when the Pats come to town. If everyone is healthy we have too many targets for them to cover. GB had no big TE threat, the Pats have 2, including the GOAT. Talib is probably as good as it gets if you need to cover AJ Green, or Julio Jones, but its the Edelman's and Amendola's of the world that give him trouble. Finally there is Brady. His ability to find the right match up, plus his accuracy and patience will make sure what happened to the Packers doesn't happen to us.

5. Denver is a tough place to play. Not only do you have to deal with the crowd, you have to deal with the altitude. Making those subtle adjustments on the LOS like we saw Brady do when he adjusted DA's and Gronk's position, will be much harder, if not impossible to do there. That means you have to simplify your offense a bit, and run a play you would normally adjust out of. It's a distinct disadvantage. One we overcame quite will in Buffalo. So we shall see.

6. As to Peyton, any success the Broncos have had up to last night was DESPITE him. There is no other way to sugar coat it. I think Rob's contention that bye week helped his arm strengh has some merit, but in the end, the BEST I see us having to deal with in Denver is an "adequate" QB, not a great one.

7. But for now I worry about the OL, and what would happen if Ryan or Butler went down, and how to win the next game, get better, and have everyone come out healthy, NOT the Denver Broncos, as much fun as it has been.

Last edited:
I was kind of shocked how badly the Packer offense played. Denver had a great game plan, but I was shock that GB didn't seem to. have a plan B. How can you come out of a bye week and looks so uninspired and unprepared.

Packers don't ever have a plan B.

Some comments on the comments

1. In a month who knows what this game will look like. Every year injuries become more and more of a factor in who wins or loses. Trying to figure out how we will do against each other is hard, because we don't know who will be available 4 weeks from now.

2. I was kind of shocked how badly the Packer offense played. Denver had a great game plan, but I was shock that GB didn't seem to. have a plan B. How can you come out of a bye week and looks so uninspired and unprepared.

3. Denver successfully did to GB what they will likely do to the Pats. That is rush with 4 and tightly cover all the short areas (5-8yds downfield) tightly in combinations of man and zones. Then you assume you can create enough pressure to make the QB throw the ball quickly into areas where you have a lot of people.

To do that successfully you have to have a great pass rush, and excellent man coverage people. The Broncos have both.

4. However they are going to run out of their great coverage guys when the Pats come to town. If everyone is healthy we have too many targets for them to cover. GB had no big TE threat, the Pats have 2, including the GOAT. Talib is probably as good as it gets if you need to cover AJ Green, or Julio Jones, but its the Edelman's and Amendola's of the world that give him trouble. Finally there is Brady. His ability to find the right match up, plus his accuracy and patience will make sure what happened to the Packers doesn't happen to us.

5. Denver is a tough place to play. Not only do you have to deal with the crowd, you have to deal with the altitude. Making those subtle adjustments on the LOS like we saw Brady do when he adjusted DA's and Gronk's position, will be much harder, if not impossible to do there. That means you have to simplify your offense a bit, and run a play you would normally adjust out of. It's a distinct disadvantage. One we overcame quite will in Buffalo. So we shall see.

6. As to Peyton, any success the Broncos have had up to last night was DESPITE him. There is no other way to sugar coat it. I think Rob's contention that bye week helped his arm strengh has some merit, but in the end, the BEST I see us having to deal with in Denver is an "adequate" QB, not a great one.

7. But for now I worry about the OL, and what would happen if Ryan or Butler went down, and how to win the next game, get better, and have everyone come out healthy, NOT the Denver Broncos, as much fun as it has been.

The thing is that Rodgers still had a lot of time in the pocket even with the Broncos' monster rush. His problem is that he holds onto the ball to long and doesn't look for the quick hit and as you pointed out he doesn't have the weapons the Pats have.

I agree that the Broncos will have a similar gameplan (although I don't think they will try to keep Brady in the pocket like they did with Rodgers). But I don't think it will be nearly as effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST