PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: The blame game

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how Peyton get's all the credit for calling his own plays and yet in the first half of the SB addai was averaging about 5 yards per carry yet Peyton went away from the run for some reason and yet he still has the audacity to call out the running game, someone is trying desperately to cover up the fact the he choked big time.

Yes, agreed. I said this in a post recently.

Manning is always praised for being a play caller AND for doing what he does without a running game, and yet his team barely runs the ball. Maybe he should call more run plays to get his backs into the flow of the game instead of a carry here, a carry there, etc.

Not sure if you are joking, but Peyton kinda has a history of throwing everybody else under the bus, as does Polian...

He's joking.

Thing is while Addai has taken a lot of heat of late he and his jag running mate were more deserving of the MVP trophy after that one ring they did win. And what they did against NO doesn't look too shabby in context... I guess after one run for a loss you abandon the run and let your fate rest on Peyton's well compensated ass - which is exactly where it landed.

It has always been someone elses's fault when Manning fails. First it was his swiss cheese defenses, then it was his drunk kicker, aging WR, incompetent OL... The one year they won it all he had kind of a quiet season while Dungy seemingly convinced the rest of them what they did actually mattered and Peyton wasn't always going to save you (let alone in the playoffs).

This is just typical of what I have heard from the Colts camp and the media. I have heard it since the game ended and the entire off season.

“Their is no way the Saints are actually a better team than the Colts, as a unit. The Colts must have messed up or done something wrong.”

Addai ran fine in the Reg and post season
Reg
ProFootballFocus.com - By Position

Problem is the Colts have little Depth at any position including WR, need 2 or 3 good RB’s in the back field, and their play calling is pretty uninspiring.

I don't know why anyone cannot see that the Colts are the team that has the “Super Bowl hangover” this year. The SB loss seams to have wrecked the Colts spirit. The Saints are having their best training camp ever, and are just fine. Our depth is just excellent this year.

Even Mudd sees it.
Legendary o-line coach Howard Mudd even more impressed with New Orleans Saints now than when they won Super Bowl XLIV | NOLA.com

Love that fact we cant win a game unless the other team makes mistakes, or that we are not believed to be a physical team.

“Pat Yasinskas: Pretty aggressive for a first practice. But Payton's run the toughest camp in NFC South since I've been covering it. Don't see that changing. Gregg Williams' defense still going after loose balls.”

Saints: Are the Saints ready for a return to the “real’’ world?

Rightfully so, the Saints spent a lot of time this offseason celebrating their first Super Bowl title. Great for them and great for their fans. But all that’s about to end. Coach Sean Payton runs what I think is easily the toughest camp in the NFC South, and I don’t anticipate that changing. If anything, camp might be tougher this year.

If the Colts want to waste their time laying blame thats fine, we’ll be spending our time building a better team than last year same as the Pats.
Saints only care about having a better TC, and figuring out our 53 in the preseason right now. If they think our season was a fluke, well they will get a chance to prove that, but I seriously doubt they could beat us in their present state on mind.

I expect to see a noticeable improvement on august 10 and 12 vs the Patriots, on both sides of the ball, from what I have been following in both TC’s.

Last edited:
Pherein, the Saints were obviously a better team than the colts.

The Colts beat us by 1 point with a bad ball spot, a crucial PI call, and a 4th quarter collapse.

The Saints just kicked our arse. :bricks:

While Manning and Polian are right, I'll never get what the point is in saying it publicly. hat do you stand to gain? I generally don't believe the negative stuff that gets floated about Manning around here, but this quote is a bit of a red flag. The offensive line has got to be pretty pissed right now.

This is something you'd never hear Brady say. Whenever he's asked something like this he just talks about the team and how the team as a whole needs to be better. With Peyton, he thinks he's never in the wrong. It's always someone else's fault. So glad TFB is our QB.

Last edited:
You know what? Manning's right. It was absolutely the running game's fault that he always chose a passing play out of the two plays he was given in his head set and it was the running game's fault that he threw a pick six.

is it just me or is Polian, the only GM in NFL history to talk more then the HC does every year

Advice for the Colts on how to improve the running game by .3 yards.

Lets take a look at the numbers. In the regular season.

The Colts has 366 rushing attempts resulting in 1294 net yards, averaging to 3.5 yards per carry. Not very good in fact second worse in the league.

However, 19 of those rushing attempts came from a single player. On those 19 rushing attempts the Colts lost 13 yards and his single best gain was 3 yards. If we look at the result for the rest of the team it comes out to 347 attempts for 1307 yards and an average of 3.8 yards. If the colts simply cut this scrub of a ball carrier the running game would improve immensely.

Anyone want to guess which player had such horrible rushing yards that put the Colts in the hole more often than advanced the ball....I will give you a hint his most notable accomplishment is being the older brother of the Giants starting QB.

While Manning and Polian are right, I'll never get what the point is in saying it publicly. hat do you stand to gain? I generally don't believe the negative stuff that gets floated about Manning around here, but this quote is a bit of a red flag. The offensive line has got to be pretty pissed right now.

Saturday is certainly pissed. I think the rest of them are just glad to have a job...

I found Breer's camp analysis enlightening. They are moving two former highly drafted busts around and unlike here when something like that happens...voila, Polian has fixed the problem as only a winning genius like himself can...LOL

I guess that just goes to show that winning 12 games a season for 7 seasons trumps averaging better than 12 wins a season for 7 seasons (actually 9), going 9-6 in the playoffs in same timespan vs. 11-4 and winning 1 out of 2 vs. 2 out of 3 superbowls doesn't alter that perception in the what have you done for me lately league...any more than going undefeated just two years ago pales in comparison to almost going undefeated one year ago if not for a (recurring) bout of strategic gutlessness...

Bottom line, perception is reality and the media chooses to percieve the Colts as perrenial contenders as long as Manning is standing, while choosing to believe that any time now Belichick will fail irrespective of Brady...largely because he and Tom don't make their jobs easy...while Peyton and Polian (not to mention Irsay) do.

The good news is that this club, if nothing else, is quick to address its issues. You don’t win a dozen games seven years in a row without being that way.

The front office knew that the offensive line needed to be better, and president Bill Polian said yesterday he believes the talent is there to make it so. Indianapolis is shuffling Tony Ugoh inside to address the problem, and has high hopes that Mike Pollak will finally come around at the other guard spot.

Why can't Belichick think outside the box like that...:ugh:

Colts rush to help Manning - The Boston Globe

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results