PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Superbowl 44 map poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: It almost feels like we won the Superbowl

I actually got up and yelled when Porter picked off that pass. I can't remember the last time I did that when watching a game that the Pats were not involved in.

Id been yelling all game long, I won $120!

THEPIC.jpg

The Pats didn't just lose, though; they got shellacked. And Brady threw 3 picks & fumbled in that game.

Guess which other team didn't win the Super Bowl.. WHats your point? I would take a 14-4 playoff record w/ 3 SBs over 9-9 w/ 1 SB any time.

Id been yelling all game long, I won $120!

I won a lot more than that, but it didn't matter to me at all when Manning threw the pick 6, it never crossed my mind.

I actually got up and yelled when Porter picked off that pass. I can't remember the last time I did that when watching a game that the Pats were not involved in.

I went on a 30 second profanity-laden yelling tirade where "choke" was said about 10 times.

Needless to say, people in the room were a bit startled.

Last edited:
Re: On the Saints' On-Sides Kick...

This is something only a top-tier coach would think of doing. It's a very smart move because it puts the refs on top of their game and know to look for whether it made the required 10 yards, and if it legally came back. BB has done this "notifying" before.

This was also the ballsiest play in Super Bowl History.

BWAHAHAHA! Polian just got interviewed on how good Brees was tonight and looked like he wanted to cry. Excellent!

The Pats didn't just lose, though; they got shellacked. And Brady threw 3 picks & fumbled in that game.

Brady never threw a pick six in the SB under 5 minutes with the game on the line.

If you think about it, Manning won his SB because Rex Grossman gift wrapped that game for him.

Don't worry. Tonight made up for it. BWAHAHA

Last edited:
OT: Real MVP outplays media MVP

Props to Drew Brees, the real 2009 League MVP, and another unfortunate victim of the Manning Media Moguls. Sean Payton said after the game that Brees was the league MVP, an apparent slap in the face to the media who snubbed #9.

For those of you who think Manning was the MVP, tonight's game just showed how wrong you are. Brees was spectacular and clutch all season. It's too bad that the MVP voting is always centered around what type of season Manning had put together (one year it's stats, the next year it's leadership, the next year it's coming back from an injury.)

Here are the stats for the season:

Manning: 68.8%, 4500 yards, 7.9 YPA, 99.9 passer rating, 33 TDs, 16 INTs (sacked 10 times)

Brees: 70.6% (NFL record), 4388 yards, 109.6 passer rating, 34 TDs, 11 INTs (sacked 20 times)

Brees finished the season with a QB rating TEN points higher than Manning. That's not even close. Statistically this is a mismatch. There would have to be extenuating circumstances as to why Manning deserved the award.

Team success:

Both teams started 13-0. While the perception was that the Saints played in a weaker conference, nothing could be further from the truth. Minnesota was clearly the third best team in the NFL this season, and the AFC playoffs featured some very unimpressive teams. Brees' Saints lost one game where they tried to win, a home loss to Dallas, while the Colts won virtually all the games they "tried." Still, it's hard to really say that Manning's Colts fared any better than Brees' Saints. They were both pretty darn impressive. One may point to the Colts' lack of running game, but consider this: Brees led his offense to 510 points, while Manning's Colts scored just 416. The whole "lack of running game" is clearly accounted for by Brees' superior offensive output. People point to Manning's fourth quarter comebacks. Apparently Brees' heroics time after time amount to nothing because he's not named Manning. Brees led some of the most improbably comebacks of the season.

Team support:

Here's where the media and fans get REALLY irrational. Sure, we've heard 100 times that the Colts would go 2-14 without Manning. Really? Why? Have you been so brainwashed that you really think no one could perform adequately with that cast of players? The Colts' defense was superior to the Saints' defense: they allowed 307 points compared to New Oreleans' 341. Of course, the stats don't tell the whole story. The Saints scored almost 100 more points, so their defense should allow fewer points since they are on the field for less time.

Pro Bowl Players- The Colts will send Jeff Saturday, Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark, the former two players who apparently Bill Polian thinks are something greater than Peyton Manning's inventions, since he gave them a LOT of money. The Saints will send left tackle Jamaal Brown, with no players at the skill positions.

Brady never threw a pick six in the SB under 5 minutes with the game on the line.

If you think about it, Manning won his SB because Rex Grossman gift wrapped that game for him.

That really sums it up perfectly. In every SB Brady played in he put his team in position to win in the end, even SB XLII. Manning had the luxury facing Sexy Rexy in his first SB and in this one he had plenty of time to tie the game but turned into Jamarcus Russell

It was a gutsy call. thank god it worked out in their favor or we all may be raving lunatics right now. I am simply ecstatic that Manning lost the game on what could have been a "DAMN! I just hit the wrong button!" drunk madden throw. Only thing better than this would be a Pats SB win, but this will work every time. Can't wait to ask Colts fans how often the 3-time loser Bills come up in team of the decade/GOAT talks, LMFAO!

Giant Brass Balls.

It may be a cliche, but that's because it's true: No Guts, No Glory.

Good for your Sean Payton, you came to win.

It was a gutsy call. thank god it worked out in their favor or we all may be raving lunatics right now. I am simply ecstatic that Manning lost the game on what could have been a "DAMN! I just hit the wrong button!" drunk madden throw. Only thing better than this would be a Pats SB win, but this will work every time. Can't wait to ask Colts fans how often the 3-time loser Bills come up in team of the decade/GOAT talks, LMFAO!

:rofl:

Outstanding!

Re: Real MVP outplays Media MVP

Follow-up question: What do Peyton Manning, Neil O'Donnell, and Scott Norwood have in common?

That really sums it up perfectly. In every SB Brady played in he put his team in position to win in the end, even SB XLII. Manning had the luxury facing Sexy Rexy in his first SB and in this one he had plenty of time to tie the game but turned into Jamarcus Russell

Jamarcuss is a bit extreme. But that was one pathetic 4 seconds. He stares down his No 1 and continues to throw to his MOTIONLESS reciever with the DB on a B-line. Looked like a fat fingered madden play if you ask me hahahahahahahahaha

... apparently Sean Payton gave the refs a heads-up, telling them before the game not only that it was coming, but out of what kicking formation and where the kicker would be trying to place it.

Anyone know if this is common practice? If not, it was a brilliant move.
Yes, this is common. The refs meet with each coach prior to every game and the coaches will fill in the refs about potential trick plays, get rules clarifications, etc.

Funny how in the end the Manning family still contribute to the Saints first SB win

I wouldn't quite call this as exciting as when the Patriots win, but this is the first Super Bowl in 5 years where the team I was rooting for actually won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents