PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Sunday Night Football - Bengals @ Jets game discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me the Bengals are losing the game intentionally. They know the Jets have to win, so the Bengals are playing a very vanilla game, while the Jets are using a broad arsenal of plays. In other words, the Bengals are really using this game to study the Jets, while showing the Jets very little.

Gee, lots of suspense in this game, huh?

Polian himself said that the Jets would have beaten them even if they didn’t pull the starters. Are you calling him a liar?

Well, Polian is of the highest moral character. :rolleyes:

Polian also said that winning the regular season record for the decade was a bigger deal for him than going 19-0.

Last edited:
Dungy likes the Ravens ... but he doesn't explain why - a true suck-up moment if ever there was one.

A week ago I'd agree with the 'Jets backing into the playoffs' theory, but after watching this game I'd say they deserve to make it. I can't say that any of the eliminated teams deserve to be in the playoffs more than they do.

We just don't know if the Bengals are mailing it in or not. It sure looks like they are.

Dungy likes the Ravens ... but he doesn't explain why - a true suck-up moment if ever there was one.

Well, in the pregame, both he and Rodney picked the Pats to win next week.

The Jets were planning on sending a nice fruit basket to the Colts, but Rex got to it first.

Bengals sat a lot of guys tonight and aren't going to show the Jets their playbook at all. Lewis even said by coming here and playing them you get to see what they're going to do in person without giving away anything that you want to do, so it gives you an extra week to prepare for the same team.

Just as a fan of football, strongly suspecting a team is mailing it in is such a bore. I don't even know why I have the TV on, I shall rectify that shortly.

On a related note, I floved our 2007 team.

What a horrible game this is. How strange that 3 of the 4 next week are repeats of this weeks.

Well, in the pregame, both he and Rodney picked the Pats to win next week.

Rodney picked The vikings to beat Carolina , and you kow what happened right ?

Not really. We're at home, they're on the road. And the Bengals just didn't show up tonight, maybe purposely not trying to show the Jets anything. I still think Cincy beats them next week.

EDIT: Also, the Bengals swept the Ravens so it's a real stretch to say the Bengals are an easier matchup

We are also going into the playoffs without our biggest weapon on offense. The Bengals havnt shown me any reason to believe that they are for real. If you were to poll posters on who they would rather play, the Ravens or the Bengals Id think most would say the Bengals. The Jes right now have the best Defense in the NFL and the best run game in the NFL. To win in the playoffs you need both.

Edit: I really hope the Bengals show up next week because Im not going to be able to listen to this **** all week.

Last edited:
NBC rubbing salt in the wound when they can, it seems...

Hey, did you know the Patriots blew a chance at perfection two years ago? In case you missed it, here's the helmet catch.

Did you know Tom Brady was knocked out for the season in Week 1 last year? Here's the clip of Bernard Pollard diving at his knee, you know, in case you missed it.

Did you know the Patriots missed the playoffs last year with an 11-5 record?

This year, Brady is back, but the Patriots fell to 10-6. Bet you didn't know that!

While they're 8-0 at home, they're an awful 2-6 on the road. One of those wins took place in London, against the pathetic Buccaneers.

4th and 2 against the Colts this year. Yeah, you've at least heard of that one.

Oh, by the way, the best possession receiver in the game, Wes Welker, is out for the year, and Brady has three broken ribs and a broken finger to top it off.

Just thought you should know. :)

Lots of love,
NBC

====

Ugh. I know I'm being touchy, but I'm still tired of being reminded how snake-bitten this team is. I'm also sick of being told that I'm not allowed to be upset because of three titles in four years, all of which happened what feels like forever ago. It's very frustrating.

Jet's fans freezing their azzes of watching a game that is a non-game ...no booze in the stadium.

They are cheering ... and they don't know why.

They are going to the playoffs and they don't know how.

Right now they are discussing how far Sanchez has progressed ... but he hasn't.

Rex Ryan is going to the playoffs - he also does not know how or why.

Last edited:
Indy's decision to be cowards might bite them in the behind and I love it. I think the Jets can go into Cincy and win next week, and I think the Jets might be able to upset a rusty Colts team, just because put Revis on Wayne and hope you can shut down Clark and make the other guys beat you.

A week ago I'd agree with the 'Jets backing into the playoffs' theory, but after watching this game I'd say they deserve to make it. I can't say that any of the eliminated teams deserve to be in the playoffs more than they do.

I wish I could agree but tonight looks like a complete mail-in from Cinci. At least Indy tried for part of the game.

We just don't know if the Bengals are mailing it in or not. It sure looks like they are.
All true, but the fact the Bengals are mailing it in - which they are - was not my point. I just think the Jets are more deserving of a playoff spot than the Texans, Dolphins, Steelers and Titans. Jets or Broncos might be debatable though.

What a horrible game this is.
To put it in perspective, the Jets advanced the ball further on their last non-descript punt return than the Bengals have from the line of scrimmage in 37 minutes of play.

All true, but the fact the Bengals are mailing it in - which they are - was not my point. I just think the Jets are more deserving of a playoff spot than the Texans, Dolphins, Steelers and Titans. Jets or Broncos might be debatable though.

I don't know, I don't think any of them really deserve a playoff spot. I think the Jets wouldn't even be in the discussion though if the Colts didn't tank it last week. The Texans would have already locked up the 6th seed and the Jets would be playing for .500.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back