PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Student sent home for wearing Colts jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes it's amazing people really give such a...well, saying 'poo' would be politer... about a sports team. It's sports. Support who you like.

It's stupid the school would let their rules down for just one team.

It should have been 'Let's show support for the Saints! IF you want to!' You can't just make it one team or none if you're relaxing the rule.

My problem with the whole thing is he asked if he could was told no it would be aganst the rules and still did it was clearly done for attention outside of the realm of school casue hte parents had ot be smart enough to know everyone would find out espcally once the called the ACLU.

I wish people would stop referring to it as a "rule." A school with a formal dress code relaxes it for a day. They say the students can wear black and gold to support one team of millionaires, but can't show support for any other team of millionaires. Exactly how does any of this relate to a student's education? How is this an official rule relating to learning?

This goes beyond some kid showing his support for his favourite team. The most disturbing part is that a school thinks it is appropriate to enforce blind allegiance to a certain group. You MUST support the Saints. Anything else will not be accepted. And this is entirely consistent with the way US kids are "taught" at schools these days. You aren't supposed to question adults or think on your own. Conform and do as you're told.

If this kid was in New York and showed up with a Sox cap and got kicked out during a school's "Support The Yankees" pep rally, I think a lot of people would feel differently about it. I doubt they'd accept that the school made a "rule" that you could only wear Yankees gear, so anybody violating that rule deserved whatever outrageous over-the-top penalty that came with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes