PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Steelers ship Santonio to the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Steelers ship Santonio to the Jets

even if he dose not play the first 4 games of the season they get a 1000 receiver for a 5th round pick. good move by the jets

Freakin Belichick and his hording of draft picks. It makes so little since to me,
Yeah, why the hell does he want opportunities to bring in fresh young talent? BB needs to go.

As a Jets fan I love this trade since it is low risk high reward but it's meaningless unless the gap between Brady and Sanchez closes a bit.

But right now it is a great time to be a Jets fan.

I'm not here to cause problems but I do appreciate talking to rival fans.

Last edited:

Yeah, why the hell does he want opportunities to bring in fresh young talent? BB needs to go.

Oh I couldn't agree more, smarta**. :rolleyes:
Seriously, is this the best retort you can come up with when anyone doesn't completely tow the party line?

And 'fresh young talent?" LMAO. With the exception of 2009, what fresh young talent has he acquired that has restocked us? Mayo? Merriwhether? Guyton? Can't think of many more. EDIT: oh, I forgot Edelman! He just leaves opposing defense shaking in their cleats. I like the guys listed above, but come on--in the overall scheme of things, that track record is borderline pathetic. Again, the 2009 draft could turn out completely differently.

Last edited:

As someone who didn't care about the LT and Cromartie moves, this one actually does scare me a bit. Holmes will make them a much better team: if Sahchez makes a significant improvement over last year, which isn't a huge leap or anything, I think they might be the AFCE favorite...

Oh I couldn't agree more, smarta**. :rolleyes:
Seriously, is this the best retort you can come up with when anyone doesn't completely tow the party line?

And 'fresh young talent?" LMAO. With the exception of 2009, what fresh young talent has he acquired that has restocked us? Mayo? Merriwhether? Guyton? Can't think of many more. EDIT: oh, I forgot Edelman! He just leaves opposing defense shaking in their cleats. I like the guys listed above, but come on--in the overall scheme of things, that track record is borderline pathetic. Again, the 2009 draft could turn out completely differently.

I'd take Volmer and Butler on the Jets any day.

Relax Pats fans you have Brady and the guy who may still be the best HC in the league.

With the AFC East getting tougher we need to hit on 90% of draft picks this year..even if they show little for a year or two this team is going to have to rely on some new players making a difference if they are to remain competitive in the new decade.

Re: Santonio Holmes is a Jet

Good deal for the Jets. Raises my estimation of the Steelers. Character counts!

The Jets have made a number of acquisitions of very talented players.

It's unlikely they'll all work out.

Unfortunately, it's also unlikely that none of them will.

Right now on paper,the Jets look like an 11-5 team at worst...of course all this talent must blend together and work on the field but they sure have a pretty nice looking roster at this point with some draft add-ons in 2 weeks to better it even more.

Low risk high reward. Good move.

You have to wonder why the Steelers have dumped him though, considering it's only 14 months since he was the Superbowl MVP and he's a former first round pick.

Just seen a rumour that Leon Washington might be heading in the opposite direction once he's signed his tender.

The Jets roster seriously looks like Pro Bowl roster.

:(

So now Washington, coming off of a broken leg is legit 2nd round value?

No, that was the tender the Jets gave him, which would force a team to give them a 2nd round pick.

Even with Washington, it's a steal, but it does add more value for the Steelers.

Thing is, Washington is coming off of a big injury, and probably won't be fully healthy until a few games into the season.

A broken leg is better than an ACL tear, for RBs. He should be back at relatively full strength this year. That said, an injury risk is an injury risk, and he is one: either way, I'd like this trade if I were a Jets fan. If they think that Holmes can be the last piece that gets them over the top, then this trade is a no-brainer.

Right now on paper,the Jets look like an 11-5 team at worst...of course all this talent must blend together and work on the field but they sure have a pretty nice looking roster at this point with some draft add-ons in 2 weeks to better it even more.

It depends: it's still all a matter of Mark Sanchez putting it all together. If he isn't significantly better this year than he was last year, then adding better WRs can only do so much. This definitely makes his job easier, though: Cotchery and Holmes are good targets to be throwing too, and it definitely blunts the impact of their miss on Braylon.

Just seen a rumour that Leon Washington might be heading in the opposite direction once he's signed his tender.

Absent something like that, it's hard to justify the Steelers not just waiting for a comp pick next seasons.

New York Post have shot that rumour down.

Unreal! Why can't any of you people give other teams credit for anything?

How many rival teams called the pats stupid for giving up a second for welker and a fourth for moss? We had the last laugh on that one.

HOMERS. Homles for a fifth is a good move for the Jets.

Ummm.... the Steelers are not known for draft and trade mistakes. Maybe since they had him, they know he doesn't have much in the tank.

Before everyone goes more overboard on the Jets, don't forget the last two games of the regular season were gift wrapped for them. And, Cromartie isn't the guy he was a few years ago (ask Charger fans).

Jets are the best team in the AFC East (besides the past and ignore the one year 'Fins) for the past few years, doesn't make them automatically better.

Last edited:

Jets are the best team in the AFC East (besides the past and ignore the one year 'Fins) for the past few years, doesn't make them automatically better.

I got nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents