PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall robbed at gunpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing good happens to you when you are out at 2 am in the morning. Fortunately this did not have the ultilmate unhappy ending.

Last edited:
Nothing good happens to you when you are out at 2 am in the morning. Fortunately this did not have the ultilmate unhappy ending.

I don't get why some of these NFL players hang around dangerous areas. First, marvin harrison opens a bar or restaurant in a dangerous part of philly and now this. Sean Taylor also used to hang out with the wrong crowd.

It does if you were the robbers at 2am,looks like they made off pretty well at those hours :)

(Sorry a bit heartless but I could not resist,still glad he is alright)

If he decides to do the same in downtown Pittsburgh at 2am today's incident may be like nothing - I have been in downtown Pittsburgh at night,Not a comfortable feeling.

Last edited:
Eh, I've been robbed before. It's scary when it's happening but you don't have to thank God he's alright. If you just give them everything they ask for, it'll turn out okay... unless the gunman is a psychopath in which case you were going to get shot anyway.

Eh, I've been robbed before. It's scary when it's happening but you don't have to thank God he's alright. If you just give them everything they ask for, it'll turn out okay... unless the gunman is a psychopath in which case you were going to get shot anyway.

I wonder if they knew who he was?

Sometimes a robber will go farther if they know thier target is some kind of celebrity,Like kidnapping for instance or injuring for some kind of self pleasure in seeing the incident all over the country which you would not see other than local if it were just a joe shmoe.

I wonder if they knew who he was?

Sometimes a robber will go farther if they know thier target is some kind of celebrity,Like kidnapping for instance or injuring for some kind of self pleasure in seeing the incident all over the country which you would not see other than local if it were just a joe shmoe.

Probably not. I watch football religiously and I honestly wouldn't know Rashard Mendenhall if I fell over him.

Let me guess,They got $20 from you,A small tom brady picture in your wallet, a condom and a bus pass punch ticket right? -
(no offense,just kidding)

Let me guess,They got $20 from you,A small tom brady picture in your wallet, a condom and a bus pass punch ticket right? -
(no offense,just kidding)

Nah, they got just over $300, a credit and debit card, my social security card, my ID, and this girl's phone number I just got the night before (she was hot too! :mad:). Also, at the time I was under 21 so they also got my fake ID.

Probably not. I watch football religiously and I honestly wouldn't know Rashard Mendenhall if I fell over him.

Remember he was a University of Illinois guy,Lots of Illinois people have probably watched lots of him and can probably recognize him considering he was the best collegiate athlete in that state for the past year and probably got tons of photos and publicity in the local Chicago papers once he got drafted by Pittsburgh.

ive been robbed before.

they asked for my phone, wallet, watch, and all the money i had.

I gave the hoodlum these items and then an additional bonus gift: A swift uppercut to the adam's apple.

Suffice to say, for all intensive purposes, that he got more than he expected with that "score".

I took back my watch, wallet, and phone but left him my money to pay for his hospital bills.

I then told him to mind his business and walked home.

Nah, they got just over $300, a credit and debit card, my social security card, my ID, and this girl's phone number I just got the night before (she was hot too! :mad:). Also, at the time I was under 21 so they also got my fake ID.
Remind me not to travel or visit that Florida city you live in with large sums of money in my pocket - Where is this?

ive been robbed before.

I gave the hoodlum these items and then an additional bonus gift: A swift uppercut to the adam's apple.

Suffice to say, for all intensive purposes, that he got more than he expected with that "score".

I took back my watch, wallet, and phone but left him my money to pay for his hospital bills.

Sounds like something out of a Quentin Tarantino movie. Or that one episode of Fresh Prince when Will gets shot and Carlton goes out and gets a gun.

PATRIOTSFANINPA said:
Remind me not to travel or visit that Florida city you live in with large sums of money in my pocket - Where is this?

This was actually when I was living in Orlando and going to UCF (University of Central Florida). Orlando is the second most dangerous city in Florida behind Miami. Jacksonville, in contrast, is actually pretty safe.

ive been robbed before.

Did you find out the name of the guy that robbed you and that you beat up?

Let me guess - His name was Billy Barty or Gary Coleman right?

Sounds like something out of a Quentin Tarantino movie. Or that one episode of Fresh Prince when Will gets shot and Carlton goes out and gets a gun.

This was actually when I was living in Orlando and going to UCF (University of Central Florida). Orlando is the second most dangerous city in Florida behind Miami. Jacksonville, in contrast, is actually pretty safe.

The last time I was in Orlando was in 1981 at 17 years of age with my family visiting Disneyworld - We stayed at the (low) Quality Inn and I was awake most of the night with what appeared to have been illegal immigrants and thier mutated children all running rampant by the door to our room - It was awful.

The last time I was in Orlando was in 1981 at 17 years of age with my family visiting Disneyworld - We stayed at the (low) Quality Inn and I was awake most of the night with what appeared to have been illegal immigrants and thier mutated children all running rampant by the door to our room - It was awful.

Yeah that pretty much describes Orlando in a nutshell.

I get what you're all saying, but isn't it a bit harsh to treat being robbed at gunpoint while minding your own business as a character failing?

This is not 1990 or earlier anymore Patchick,The days of being carefree and leaving your doors to your house open at night or going for that safe walk in the park at midnight is no more,at least unless you take protection like having Mace or a gun in your pants.

I don't know what part of this world you live in Patchick,but in mine its trust no one and question everyone - If you want to avoid bad things happening,and even then its not a certainty.

Drugs and violence/crime go together and are related in more than 70% of ilegal activity and neither is possible to slow down or stop - Get used to it or become a victim,if not now then certainly down the road.

I do not know anything about Rashard or his background and do not want to accuse him of anything but being an innocent victim of being in the wrong place at the wrong time,but you never know if this was a 'deal' going down at that time in the morning and was a setup or was he just a victim walking doing nothing but enjoying the air about at 2am,I certainly hope he is not one of those types of kids making some mistakes before hitting the big time. (like a Len Bias who purchased cocaine just after being drafted or something like that)

Last edited:
I get what you're all saying, but isn't it a bit harsh to treat being robbed at gunpoint while minding your own business as a character failing?

No it is not. But most "robberies" that occur between 1 am and 4 am are actually drug deals gone bad, this is particularly true in some neighborhoods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back