PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall robbed at gunpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where was Marvin Harrison at the time?

No it is not. But most "robberies" that occur between 1 am and 4 am are actually drug deals gone bad, this is particularly true in some neighborhoods.

I wouldn't say most. Some, certainly, but not most. At least in New York, where closing time is at 4 AM, alot of people get robbed on their way back from the bar. Could be the same deal with Mendenhall, went out to have a few drinks with his friends and was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Not a good start for the kid since he got hurt his first practice in mini-camp and now this, but he'll be fine. Better than something like Eddy Curry, who got his home invaded and he and his family got tied up.

Hey - I can't comment on the percentage of crimes between 4 and 6 AM that involve drugs or the idea that athletes should be more responsible but to be hanging around rough places late at night......but I can say if you are going to do it, don't wear your $55,000 Rolex like our old friend A. Walker.

Since Mendenhall didn't get shot, it probably wasn't Marvin.

I took back my watch, wallet, and phone but left him my money to pay for his hospital bills.
Were they poo-dollars?
If not, why not?

I think I speak for, oh, call it THE WORLD, when I say: GO THE F TO BED. It's two AM you freakin' TOOL. I HATE this crap. When the Hell will these athletes ever learn?

I think I speak for, oh, call it THE WORLD, when I say: GO THE F TO BED. It's two AM you freakin' TOOL. I HATE this crap. When the Hell will these athletes ever learn?

If this is not drug related and a deal gone bad,I am the Pope

Yeah,Its normal just to be going for a walk at 2am in the southside of Chicago,one of the most dangerous and high crime areas of that city without looking for something or waiting for some 'business' transaction :rolleyes:

However it will likely be all swept under the rug,epsecially when it comes to a high profiled drafted rookie,We will never know and at this point he is an innocent victim of a crime.

Marvin Harrison doesn't ask questions... he just shoots

Keegs,You don't live too far from that area,right? - or at least much closer than anyone in here.

Where were you at 2am on Monday Morning Keegs?

Just give him his wallet back with his ID stuff - the money is not important, Rooney will be filling that wallet up shortly.

Nah, they got just over $300, a credit and debit card, my social security card, my ID, and this girl's phone number I just got the night before (she was hot too! :mad:). Also, at the time I was under 21 so they also got my fake ID.

sounds bad

Keegs,You don't live too far from that area,right? - or at least much closer than anyone in here.

Where were you at 2am on Monday Morning Keegs?

Just give him his wallet back with his ID stuff - the money is not important, Rooney will be filling that wallet up shortly.

that or his rectum will get filled up in prison

Remember he was a University of Illinois guy,Lots of Illinois people have probably watched lots of him and can probably recognize him considering he was the best collegiate athlete in that state for the past year and probably got tons of photos and publicity in the local Chicago papers once he got drafted by Pittsburgh.

Actually, I live in Chicagoland and am from Pittsburgh...so I have the guy on my radar. He could have delivered pizzas to me last night and I'd have thought he was Craig 'Ironhead' Heyward. Wouldn't know Mendenhall from the brokeback mountain guy. (hyperbole).

I am not sure if someone has said it, but the last few years have had a disproportionate amount of robberies of athletes in CHicago. Antoine Walker and Eddy Curry come to mind.

Sean Taylor also used to hang out with the wrong crowd.

So that clearly ties in with a couple of kids who worked for him robbing and killing him. Idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes