2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
If wrong pls out this thread away from main forum

Probably the "right final"

hope in a good game

Reactions: Ian
La Marsigliese always nice to hear
Macron there too

As a non soccer fan, who should I be pulling for today?

I am thinking Argentina because France won last World Cup. Is Messi a douche or generally regarded as a good guy? That will help me decide who to pull for, I guess.

Home game for ARG
Deschamps could tie Pozzo

Perfect penalty from Messi

Awesome goal from Argentina

Di Maria !
2-0

I am thinking Argentina because France won last World Cup. Is Messi a douche or generally regarded as a good guy? That will help me decide who to pull for, I guess.
He's generally regarded as a good guy. But as a professional Barcelona hater I cannot root for the guy

To my casual view people seem to generally like Messi even if they aren’t particular fans of his teams.

He's generally regarded as a good guy. But as a professional Barcelona hater I cannot root for the guy
I love watching Messi. That pass from Messi was incredible; it set up the Di Maria goal.

Messi has been a douche this entire tournament. But he finally has that edge that can help his team, because Messi generally plays the way people want soccer players to play. He gets hammered a lot, he doesn't milk it, he never fakes injury, he pops right up, he takes a beating, he never cries or complains. That's been his history for 2 decades.

Then this tournament he's done all these things I just described and reversed himself.

That's OK. He gets a pass in my book.

Watch the 2nd half because Argentina will make it ugly. They are going to start fights, fake injuries, waste time, basically a lot of what the Brits call S_ _ _ house soccer.

I hate the way that Argentina play. That foul on Lloris was horrible and cynical -- the guy should have been sent off. Also, the penalty looked like a dive. But the second goal was a good one. So I'm afraid it looks like the bad guys are going to win.

@slam and @ArchAngel007 have confirmed my choice to root for Argentina. And now that they are up 2-0, I am liking that!

France under shock
Let see if they will be like Min Vikings yesterday

I love watching Messi. That pass from Messi was incredible; it set up the Di Maria goal.

Messi has been a douche this entire tournament. But he finally has that edge that can help his team, because Messi generally plays the way people want soccer players to play. He gets hammered a lot, he doesn't milk it, he never fakes injury, he pops right up, he takes a beating, he never cries or complains. That's been his history for 2 decades.

Then this tournament he's done all these things I just described and reversed himself.

That's OK. He gets a pass in my book.

Watch the 2nd half because Argentina will make it ugly. They are going to start fights, fake injuries, waste time, basically a lot of what the Brits call S_ _ _ house soccer.
That 2nd paragraph alone is enough for me to root for Argentina. Good to know!

Cup needs to come to America, so ARG it is.

Yeah 5 straight games a team gets awarded a penalty is insane.

Substitution of their two main attackers in the first half by France is a pretty drastic move, right? It’s not like they’ve even had much chance with the ball.

Substitution of their two main attackers in the first half by France is a pretty drastic move, right? It’s not like they’ve even had much chance with the ball.
Giroud out is a surprise

It's interesting though. They took their two goal scorers out.

1000001641.jpg
Look how one sided it is

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back