PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Shooting at Chiefs Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s keep this thread tasteful and also avoid any political comments. Obviously this is an unbelievable event that affected children as well, so for now, let’s keep it based on the facts and try to keep it on topic.

What a way to celebrate.

Why does this happen, asks Godless country with no regard for human life

Let’s keep this thread tasteful and also avoid any political comments. Obviously this is an unbelievable event that affected children as well, so for now, let’s keep it based on the facts and try to keep it on topic.
How can you avoid political commentary when gun control (or lack thereof) is such a key element of what we're discussing? The alternative is "gosh, too bad, if only we could do something about it". Or more thoughts and prayers, which have so far proven ineffective.

We all know the easiest way to stop this stuff from happening (rest of the world has kinda shown us the way) but it’s always tough (as it should be) to take people’s freedoms away. But have we even tried a single thing to stop such events? That’s what gets me, like they’re not worthy of even a single (any) kind of action, change, or effort? I don’t know what the best move would be, but wow, I’m pretty open to like anything at this point, regardless even how small it might be

I will say something that will sound extremely insensitive. As a Canadian I stopped feeling sorry about Americans pretending to feel sorry and shocked about these repetitive and senseless events of gun violence many many years ago because I realized they don't really care. They just pretend to care.

Same cycle every single ****ing time:

1) Some ******* gets access to guns way too easily and goes on a killing spree
2) People act outraged and shocked with some crying thrown in
3) Politicians come out with self serving PR statements about the importance of mental health or gun control
4) One side of the population eats up the excuses or worse is ok with it as long as they get to carry around automatic weapons (*for hunting* or *self defense*)
5) The other side of the population is too cowardly to meaningfully act
6) Gun lobby comes out in full force threatening politicans talking about regulation of said weapons so that gun companies can keep printing money while blaming said mental health
7) A few days later everybody moves on
8) Rinse and repeat.

thats why im not in kansas anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back