PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Shilling retires

mtbykr

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Thanks for 2004 Shill!

'Zero regrets:' Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling announces retirement - ESPN

BOSTON -- Curt Schilling retired from baseball Monday after a career in which he won World Series titles with the Boston Red Sox and Arizona Diamondbacks and was one of the game's most dominant pitchers and grittiest competitors.

The 42-year-old right-hander said on his blog he's leaving after 23 years with "zero regrets." Schilling missed all of last season with a shoulder injury after signing a one-year, $8 million contract.

"The things I was allowed to experience, the people I was able to call friends, teammates, mentors, coaches and opponents, the travel, all of it, are far more than anything I ever thought possible in my lifetime," he wrote.

What he said is on his blog, but it's not working right now. I'm sure it's just overloaded with the announcement and will be back later:

http://38pitches.com/

Schilling you and your bloody sock will allways have a place inboston sports history. Thanks for World Series :D

Transfer this out of the football forum - OT does not mean you can just add any sport in a forum that many dont even care about

Last edited:
I couldn't care less about baseball. Keep the local stuff out, please.

Couldn't care at all...he's a media whore...Bye bye!!

You appreciate him so much, that you couldn't even spell his name right. ;)

He's a huge Steelers fan - pffffbbttt!

Also, if he had retired last year, the Sox wouldn't have had to pay him $8 mil to sit on his butt.

I wish him luck in the future Hall Of Fame voting.

Thanks for the Championship Schill, and lighten up it's just an announcement about a Boston sports icon retiring.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back