PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official 2011 Sox rant thread:

Run DMC

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I think it will do us Sox fans some good to rant about our particalur Red Sox frustrations this year. Please let me start since I love to whine about my favorite beisbol team:

1)Francoma- Why does this tard not have Ells and our other speedsters stealing bases and doing hit and runs literally every time they get on base?! I don't get it. Also, when a starting pitcher is nearing or above 100 pitches and walks the 1st and/or 2nd batter of an inning, why does he wait to yank them?!
( I noticed Pitt mgr. pulled his pitchers literally after 1 batter if the next matchup didn't suit their strengths). Also, cut the crap with the loyalty to players who's prime is long over.

2) Youk- The guy is our number 4 hitter. He's getting paid to hit. Why is he always looking to walk so the pressure can be on our #5 hitter who has been Drew on this most recent roadtrip. And we've all seen how that is turning out.

3) Pitching- I would have singled out DiceK, but since his career is over in Boston, we can now focus on Lackey. In short, he sucks. Bullpen is not great. Jenks is a bust, Wheeler is atrocious. Bard needs to learn to throw a cutter. No movement on that 98 mph heater equals lots of hits.

4)OF- with the exception of Ells is atrocious. RF is a black hole of underperformance. I route for CC to do well, but he is not playing to expectations. Don't think Reddick is the answer either. McD, nancy Drew, and good time Mike C need to be shipped off to the glue factory.

On a positive note, Papi, Salty, Beckett, and Wake are doing surprisingly great.
And let's face it, Agon's new name should be AGod, dude is that good.

Thoughts, my fellow sox fans?

Last edited:
Let's see how Pittsburgh's bullpen holds up if he keeps using them that way.

Bard gives up a lot of hits?

Crawford obviously had a horrible start but since April has been much more in line with his usual #s. He'll be fine if he gets healthy.

Cameron's been designated for assignment. That leaves Darnell McDonald to be pissed off back to the minors where he belongs. Hopefully CC is back soon (his production and defense has left a massive hole) and something is done about RF at the trade deadline.

Last edited:
the injuries are mounting just like last year. really frustrating to say the least. are these guys playing football ??
crawford
bucholtz
lowrie[no shock there]
beckett out with the flu 13 days? wtf is up with that? hes prime to be going on the dl anytime soon.
dice k[who cares?]
am i missing somebody?
lackey has already lost significant time. hes another guy who's prime for stint on the dl.

We squeezed one out against the Phils. Finally Francoma does some hit and runs, and lo and behold we won!

Cameron is sent off to be cannon fodder. Thank Christ. Take Nancy Drew and minor leaguer McDondald with you.

Also, while I'm at it, Lowrie is Tim Naehring part 2. We should unload him for top dollar when he is on one his streaks.

IMHO, Youk is also a liability. Yeah, he's a dirt dog but he's another one who is always injured. The dude is a spaz.

Pitchers are all princesses so no surprise about Buch, and now Beckett ain't right either. Francoma needs to stop these starters at 100(+/- 5-10) pitches. Thank God for Andrew Miller being resurrected.

In my baseball fantasy world, we go all in and sign Jose Reyes. Agon cannot carry this team alone, and Papi is getting older.

Carry on.

We squeezed one out against the Phils. Finally Francoma does some hit and runs, and lo and behold we won!

Cameron is sent off to be cannon fodder. Thank Christ. Take Nancy Drew and minor leaguer McDondald with you.

Also, while I'm at it, Lowrie is Tim Naehring part 2. We should unload him for top dollar when he is on one his streaks.

IMHO, Youk is also a liability. Yeah, he's a dirt dog but he's another one who is always injured. The dude is a spaz.

Pitchers are all princesses so no surprise about Buch, and now Beckett ain't right either. Francoma needs to stop these starters at 100(+/- 5-10) pitches. Thank God for Andrew Miller being resurrected.

In my baseball fantasy world, we go all in and sign Jose Reyes. Agon cannot carry this team alone, and Papi is getting older.

Carry on.

Reyes is going to get FAR more than he's worth.

While I'd take him on the Sox over any other SS we have, obviously, he's having a career year in his contract year, he's an inconsistent fielder, for some reason he has hit much worse away from home and I'm not sure he'd handle Boston well mentally.

Can Pujols play right? :)

Actually, if the Sox are to go all in on anybody, it's Sabathia, if he opts out. Pay him whatever he wants, and we then have a pretty amazing staff and remove the Yanks' only real mainstay in the rotation.

back in the real world, CJ Wilson could be a very good addition. I think Buehrle and Chris Carpenter are free agents as well (not sure why Carpenter is struggling this year).

The Red Sox have the 3rd best record in the MLB ...

This thread gets a 5-roller.

:rofl: ... :rofl: ... :rofl: ... :rofl: ... :rofl:

On a serious note I always wonder what the MLB would be like with non-guaranteed contracts as in the NFL.

Last edited:
The Red Sox have the 3rd best record in the MLB ...

This thread gets a 5-roller.

:rofl: ... :rofl: ... :rofl: ... :rofl: ... :rofl:

On a serious note I always wonder what the MLB would be like with non-guaranteed contracts as in the NFL.

Uh yeah, and we have the 2nd highest payroll in baseball and haven't won in the post season since 2008! And your point is....?
:eek:

Uh yeah, and we have the 2nd highest payroll in baseball and haven't won in the post season since 2008! And your point is....?
:eek:

You are the one that made this awful thread. Championships are not bought - they are won. Money surely helps but I can point to numerous teams trying to buy championships and did not get one. it takes some luck along the way - we have some very good players but we really only have 1 great player. Our media oversells our hand - but I like our chances as we have as good a chance as any team outside of the Phillies of winning it. We do not operate in a vacuum. When Crawford comes back we will resume winning again - we surged when he surged.

have not won since 2008 ... :rofl: ... wow that is an eternity ... :rofl: The Bruins say hello.

Last edited:
You are the one that made this awful thread. Championships are not bought - they are won. Money surely helps but I can point to numerous teams trying to buy championships and did not get one. it takes some luck along the way - we have some very good players but we really only have 1 great player. Our media oversells our hand - but I like our chances as we have as good a chance as any team outside of the Phillies of winning it. We do not operate in a vacuum. When Crawford comes back we will resume winning again - we surged when he surged.

have not won since 2008 ... :rofl: ... wow that is an eternity ... :rofl: The Bruins say hello.
luck plays some type of factor in most title runs

but spending alot of money increases the odds greatly in baseball

the padres tried to contend last season with a smaller payroll than most teams, but that kind of weak spending won't get you far USUALLY

boston and NY spend a crapload and they're always at the top , it helps that they evaluate well but the money plays a huge part

i love the way the mlb is set up, if you're not spending, you're not trying :cool:

Last edited:

Yes, but the Bruins don't spend like our present Sox owners( God Love em).

This thread is awful? Did you watch us get beat 2out of 3 against the lowly Pads and Pirates? This team doesn't drive you nuts when they go on these hitting outages or when Lackey or Jenks is on the mound? Have you no heart, sir? ;)

Yes, but the Bruins don't spend like our present Sox owners( God Love em).

This thread is awful? Did you watch us get beat 2out of 3 against the lowly Pads and Pirates? This team doesn't drive you nuts when they go on these hitting outages or when Lackey or Jenks is on the mound? Have you no heart, sir? ;)
i think most rs fans are thinking ws for this team. so in that context this thread has its place imo. from what we have seen from this team since the current road trip began and with the f---king injuries mounting there is reason to be concerned for sure.

i think most rs fans are thinking ws for this team. so in that context this thread has its place imo. from what we have seen from this team since the current road trip began and with the f---king injuries mounting there is reason to be concerned for sure.

There are always concerns, though. It's a long season. If it makes people feel better to rant, so be it, but it's not particularly rational.

The past few series we've been without Buchholz and Crawford, and for the past couple we've been without Ortiz (essentially). AGon is in a bit of a cold spell, Youk's had nagging injuries and Beckett is just coming back. Meanwhile, I don't think any batters have been particularly hot.

If all of that continues for the rest of the year, yes, the Sox are in big trouble.

Realistically, though, it's part of what every team goes through, and the Sox are pretty clearly one of baseball's top teams. Let's hope they can generally stay healthy the rest of the year and that the team is in good shape health-wise come September (and beyond, hopefully).

There's really only 1 guy I never want to see in a Red Sox uniform again and that's Darnell McDonald. He's just not a good enough bat to be an MLB player and I refuse to believe there's nobody better in the minors than this bloke.

edit - right on cue the bastard hits a 3 run jack! :p

Last edited:
Tell me this thread isn't necessary?! Lackey does it again, and did I mention we can't f**king hit? When AGod goes cold, we in short, suck.

yet another injury. this time its lester. this is looking a lot like last year. some injuries are expected but this is ridiculous. every week its another one and another one.:mad:

Sox need to seriously fire their conditioning coach. This is no joke.

There's really only 1 guy I never want to see in a Red Sox uniform again and that's Darnell McDonald. He's just not a good enough bat to be an MLB player and I refuse to believe there's nobody better in the minors than this bloke.

edit - right on cue the bastard hits a 3 run jack! :p
The Red Sox won't win the World Series in 2011, The Red Sox won't win the World Series in 2011, The Red Sox won't win the World Series in 2011.

I'm absolutely convinced my kind words are the kiss of death to my opinion and form reversal for Red Sox players in 2011.

Lackey will not have an era under 4 by the end of the 2011 season, Lackey will not have an era under 4 by the end of the 2011 season, Lackey will not have an era under 4 by the end of the 2011 season. :p

yet another injury. this time its lester. this is looking a lot like last year. some injuries are expected but this is ridiculous. every week its another one and another one.:mad:

Shoulder strain. Oh nuts. lets just hope the rest sorts it out.

Wakefield again confounds everyone with last nights result. In short I thought he wou;dn't be back after a dreadful 2010.

Miller has pitched really well (thank christ). If they can't keep Buch, Lester and Beckett on the mound this season will end badly. I have lost all faith in Lackey.

PS: Saw RS old boy Justin Masterson Pitch brilliantly against the yanks last night.

Ho hum.

how good would masterson look in a rs uniform right now? we gave him up to rent vmart:mad:

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back