PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Schefter - Denver Trades for Vernon Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good move in the sense that they didn't have to give up much, but there are people seriously panicking about them getting a guy who has very little (if anything at all) left in the tank?

Vernon Davis has been ****ty with Kaepernick as his QB. No question.

Here's the thing, if he's healthy, he's better already than what they have (Owen Daniels), and they gave up very little to get him, so it's a good move. No one's saying he's Gronkowski or something, but give the Broncos some credit, it's definitely a need they had - and they know Manning's arm made its final appearance for the season last night.

He's been pretty bad looking at the stats the past two years. Does he block?

Give him Brady and his numbers would be right with gronks

Do u ever give other teams credit for making moves?

Try to read what was said. I said it was a good move in the sense that they did not have to give much up. At the same time, he is not the same Vernon Davis he was even a couple of years ago. He will help them, but it's just not something to lose sleep over. A better move would be if they added a T, which they very well might.

Denver has added a ton of big name players over the years, with nothing to show for it.

Last time denver went 7-0 was in 1998 when they won the SB. Elway must be seeing something to make this team go all in although this trade is for a nothing price.

Vernon Davis running the seam route with Thomas and Sander is quite scary.
This is a big time win for Broncos.

Last time denver went 7-0 was in 1998 when they won the SB. Elway must be seeing something to make this team go all in although this trade is for a nothing price.
elway sees that its manning's last year

Try to read what was said. I said it was a good move in the sense that they did not have to give much up. At the same time, he is not the same Vernon Davis he was even a couple of years ago. He will help them, but it's just not something to lose sleep over. A better move would be if they added a T, which they very well might.

Denver has added a ton of big name players over the years, with nothing to show for it.

We will see. Kaepernick stinks. I think davis still has something left in the tank

Depends upon how you define "nothing". They got to the Super Bowl, after all, along with three consecutive playoff appearances. If posters here called that "nothing" after the Patriots did it, you'd be all over them.

Tony Massarotti got wood when Sleeves Murray announced this trade...tony has gone from backing Miami preseason, to backing the nyj, and after yesterday's games he's now a big Denver fan....
Fact is Pats might need 16-0 for home field...Only tough game Denver has (outside of home vs NE) is at Pittsburgh

Denver just hit a freaking homerun.

1) Given the two teams involved, that swap of those picks in 2016 really is the equivalent of about 5 or 6 places in the draft order.

So, Denver got Vernon Davis for slightly more than a 2017 6th rounder.

2) Brilliant move for the Broncos, given their LT situation and the fact that if Davis goes FA next year, that may turn into a 3rd round comp pick.

Actually, IIRC, the most they can get for him is a 5th b/c he's been in the league for 10 years.

Depends upon how you define "nothing". They got to the Super Bowl, after all, along with three consecutive playoff appearances. If posters here called that "nothing" after the Patriots did it, you'd be all over them.

Not true. Anything other than a SB for the Pats would also be considered "nothing" by me.

Denver trotting out a formation of Thomas, Sanders, Davis, Daniels and Hillman is scary...

Manning still has enough left in the tank. No rational person can "poo poo" this. Very solid move.

Hopefully Belichick has a countermove up his sleeve for a CB.

Nothing wrong with some healthy competition.

No he was IR'ed out for the year
ok, i thought he'd be back after a couple of months, which would have been late nov, early dec.

Denver trotting out a formation of Thomas, Sanders, Davis, Daniels and Hillman is scary...

Manning still has enough left in the tank. No rational person can "poo poo" this. Very solid move.

Vontae Davis is the only logical move now.

It's a solid move, but about half of that "scary" formation actually scares me at all.

Tony Massarotti got wood when Sleeves Murray announced this trade...tony has gone from backing Miami preseason, to backing the nyj, and after yesterday's games he's now a big Denver fan....
Fact is Pats might need 16-0 for home field...Only tough game Denver has (outside of home vs NE) is at Pittsburgh
Cincinnati is a tough game, no?

Elway loves "marquis" names.
Buffalo loves "marquis" names.
Yawn.
Vernon Davis have been a non factor for three years and did nothing to raise Kapperstink's level of play......yet he will now raise Flutterball Mannings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore